What is "Social" about "Social Justice"? Isn't it just kids wanting to be cool?

Discussion in 'Civil Rights' started by Il Ðoge, Jan 4, 2017.

1. Il Ðoge

Il Ðoge Active Member

What if "social justice" is just college kids being mad that they weren't considered cool in high school (socially), so now they want social justice, which is to say that no one is allowed to be mean to anyone else and the less mean you are, the cooler you are?

Because seriously, what does communism, racism et al. have to do with "social" in the first place? Communists are notoriously anti-social and racism has nothing to do with sociability. Racism is generally considered to be a deeper issue than mere socializing.

Let's look at a list of recent "social justice" issues:
    The right for minorities to self-segregate themselves: definitively anti-social.

Promoting censorship and the right to avoid discussing topics at will, even in settings normally reserved for discussion: pretty anti-social behaviour.

Defending the most incompatible aspects of foreign cultures, in doing so perhaps guaranteeing that no integration can happen between the foreign and host culture: thoroughly anti-social, perhaps even as anti-social as someone can get.

I could go on. I'm forced to conclude that the only thing "social" about social justice is the desire to be popular with everyone (a natural response for overly-schooled high school kids), other than that it seems to be a euphemism for promoting anti-social behaviours (also pretty common among overly-schooled young adults).

Maybe someone can clear this up for me, what does social justice have to do with being social other than a desire to be popular with everyone?

2. Imnotreallyhere

Imnotreallyhere Well-Known Member Donor

Seriously? You don't understand the referent of the word 'social' in 'social justice' is society? Your fail is beyond epic in its proportions; it is Biblical. Congratulations!

Also, I would like you to cite where you got the information that Commies are 'notoriously antisocial.

3. usfan

usfan Banned

I think it mostly means they want free stuff, & not have to work for it...

4. TRFjr

TRFjr Well-Known Member Past Donor

what makes one cool is going against the grain bucking the norms being a rebel And because PC and SJWs are the norm now being anti PC anti SJW will become the new cool makes you a rebel

5. Sushisnake

Sushisnake Active Member

I'm sorry, but what on earth does communism have to do with social justice?