Fighting fires.

Discussion in 'Environment & Conservation' started by Brett Nortje, Jan 4, 2017.

1. Brett Nortje

Brett Nortje Well-Known Member

At the moment, i think this would be very hard 'to fight' as most of the ways to fight fires have been incorporated already, but, why not try to come up with something new, to fight fires?

Fires come from the weak force. if we were to use magnets, the protons would stabilize 'the lone electron based fires,' so the answer i am looking at is charging 'a huge magnet' with excess magnetism, and then using that to balance the fires out.

This could be done by using electricity 'to burn a piece of metal,' of electrify it, and then drop it in the middle of the fire, putting the fires out with excess protons attached, or,

Using an electromagnet to charge the pieces of metal with excess protons will see the piece of metal put the fires out in waves of magnetic force.

2. sawyer

sawyer Well-Known Member Past Donor

I won't comment on your Star Trek idea but on the subject of fires the best thing to do is let them burn whenever and wherever possible. A hundred years of fighting fires has done nothing but create fuel loads that lead to the catastrophic fires we have today. Fire is a natural part of the forest ecosystem and we need to let things get back into balance

3. tecoyah

tecoyah Well-Known Member Past Donor

I give you credit for imaginative conceptual fantasy, but giggle inside thinking you are serious and completely ignorant of the things you refer to.

4. sawyer

sawyer Well-Known Member Past Donor

What the snowflakes lack in fortitude they make up for in imagination

5. perdidochas

perdidochas Well-Known Member

They are experimenting with electric fields (not magnetic fields) to stop fire.

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/...fighters-extinguish-science-harvard-chemical/

That said, all the articles about it are from 2011, and I haven't heard about any working prototypes now in 2017.

6. Zer0

Zer0 Member

As much as I like the idea it's simply not feasible. How would fire departments afford such technology? Most that fight wild fires are privately owned departments contracted to fight the fire and even if you did have a government based department most fire systems are woefully inadequately budgeted. Furthermore how would you lug such gear into the fire scene? Wildland Fire Fighters are expected to already carry a great deal of weight and hike a great distance. Some such as smoke jumpers have to be light enough to land a parachute from the air. It's wishful thinking but not possible.