There is nothing that can replace Obamacare

Discussion in 'Health Care' started by slackercruster, Jan 4, 2017.

1. slackercruster

slackercruster Banned

There is nothing that can replace Obamacare. Even if you tweak it , Obamacare is still Obamacare and Obamacare is broken no matter what form you mold it. The healthcare system we have in the US is broken and can never be fixed in its current form. It will only keep spiraling out of control. Once healthcare turned into big biz, just as higher education did, healthcare was put on a trajectory for destroying the ability of the average person paying for healthcare out of pocket.

It isn't like there is some missing link that can be injected into Obamacare that will make it work. Obamacare, after only a few years has shown itself to be a failure and unusable for many due to high cost and high ded's. Every year that goes by Obamacare will skyrocket in these areas. Pretty soon, much of your $ will go just for fines for not being able to afford an unusable Obamacare healthcare policy.

Socialized education is has served us for ages. The cost is in the RE taxes and even if you have no kids you end up chipping in. If you don't want to use the socialized education system then you can pay for private school. This is how the healthcare should be. A 2 tier system, one for the rich as a fee for service and one for the average person that is gov supplied - aka socialized healthcare.

The 2 tier system is the only way you can do it. None of you can argue against this fact...because it is FACT. The rich can have whatever they want and the poor can still get some healthcare. Socialized med wont be as good as rich med, but it can be doable. If you don't like it, get 3 or 4 jobs and pay for the rich healthcare.

Really, socialized med is hard to promote in the US. We are a capitalist country. The greedy special interests and rich will tear it down as communism. The only way it would work is to have a 2 tier system. The rich can pay for the best if they don't want socialized med. The average person can use the socialized plan. But you can never have success if you force the average person to pretend they are rich and force a high cost, unaffordable health plan on them.

It is no different than having a high earner and a low earner in a marriage. You either live to the budget that is double of the lower earner if you want to split expenses down the middle or the high earner has to pay for the bulk of it if they want to live on a higher level. You can't force a low earner to be a high earner if it is not in them.

Obamacare did me more harm than anything else. I used to be able to cover doctor office visits out of pocket, but can't afford it any more. In Jan '16 I called a dermatologist to ask about a wart removal and it is $490 for 5 minutes of work. The doctor does not even do it...his assistant does it. In 2015 it cost $175 for a wart removal at the same doctor, but they raised the rates if your uninsured. They said it is illegal for me to not have med insurance and it is insurance fraud for them to charge a different rate than what they get under Obamacare when they bill insurance companies...$490.

Medicine prices started to skyrocket once the greedy learned they can hike up medicine costs by astounding percentages. They can hold the chronically ill by ransom...it is pay up or die. There is nothing wrong with that is there? This is textbook material on how a good capitalist should work. Get the highest price the market will bear for the product. If a pill cost .35 cents to make, why not mark it up to $1000 a pill? If an insurance company will pay for it why not $5,000 a pill? There is no law against making profits...this is not the 1960's Mayberry.

It is not even a question of being able to afford Obamcare med plans. They are useless, at least for me. Thousands of $ in deductibles and copay. I think the goal of insurance companies is to sell you insurance you can not use unless your dying or very sick.

What will the Reps give you?

Well, prob no socialized healthcare. They came out today talking about healthcare with 'less government.'

Have you ever heard of ANY Rep talking socialized healthcare or anything socialized?

You may get tax credits to buy unusable healthcare from the Reps...if your lucky. Actually I heard on the radio the reps are talking about abolishing our socialized public schools...take care of your health.

2. Kode

Kode Well-Known Member

Great..... BUT, the "first tier" for the rich does not excuse them from paying the tax too.

And yet I disagree. S.S. has worked because it included the rich. They get a piece of the action so they are just a bit reluctant to kill it. If we have a one-size-fits-all healthcare system for everyone, the rich would make damned sure it was the best and worked. Otherwise many of them would work to kill it.