Question about this forum for regulars

Discussion in 'Other Off-Topic Chat' started by Balto, Jan 4, 2017.

1. Balto

Balto Well-Known Member

I've noticed ince the election, it seems like Political Forum has become more and more of a pro-Trump site, with less and less leftist or progressive posters on the site. A good number of the threads, I've noticed, are Obama/Liberal-bashing threads and Trump-praising threads. So I must ask the regulars, has this become much more of a forum for the right, with a conservative bent, instead of being non-partisan? This site almost strikes me to the point of the satire Fox News spews, it hasn't gotten bad enough to reach the mental disparity of Breibart, but it seems to be crawling toward that level.

2. Gatewood

Gatewood Well-Known Member

Ummm . . . for the last eight years this site has been pro-Obama in nature to the max with leftists routinely calling any and all critics of Obama racist. But now there is a new president-elect and leftists are going INSANE with over the top hatred. So . . . no net change.

3. Seth Bullock

Seth Bullock Well-Known Member Past Donor

I think the election sort of took the wind out of the sails of some of the members who are on the left. Some of them seem to have just dropped out. At the same time, the election has energized the right. For what it's worth, I enjoy having liberals on the forum.

My two cents ... :oldman:

4. Cdnpoli

Cdnpoli Banned

The place is rabidly pro Trump. And posters who still think Obama is Kenyan. I feel like a giant among the mental midgets.

5. dairyair

dairyair Well-Known Member

Just the normal ebb and flow of news and politics.

6. usfan

usfan Banned

Probably a lot are still crying softly into their pillows.. it was a very hard thing to swallow, & many still can't believe it. So while Obama goes around punishing the electorate for voting against his legacy, and the liberal media still is campaigning for Hillary, the rest of the country is going back to regular business.. working, family, having fun, etc... you know, stuff the obsessed progressive left can't really fathom.

7. Lil Mike

Lil Mike Well-Known Member

A lot of left leaning posters vanished after November 8th. Either they didn't want to swallow their pride and admit they were wrong or the Soros funding expired and they stopped working. In any case, the left/ right ratio of posters did switch drastically to the right after the election.

8. Sharpie

Sharpie Well-Known Member Past Donor

Maybe I'm being followed by progs, but I don't see much difference.

9. AnnaNoblesse

AnnaNoblesse New Member

I joined after the election but I've read many of the older discussions. It seems that many of the most active left leaning members really put themselves out there in full fledged support of Clinton. And then when she lost many of those active members appeared to have stopped posting all together. And of course the Trump supporters and now loudly thumping their chest.

So yea the site is very right leaning at the moment but I speculate that this will change as we get further from the election and the sting wears off the left. At least I hope the site will change. It's no fun if everyone has the same viewpoint.

Edit to add... oh look I just said what everyone before me said. This is what happens when one is too lazy to read previous replies before posting.

monkrules likes this.
  10. perotista

perotista Well-Known Member Past Donor

LOL, non-partisan? Partisans who love their candidate, their party, who think their party and candidates are always right and the other party's candidates and party is always wrong, evil even. Those are the ones who participate on political sites.

What you are seeing is probably the natural ebb and flow. When it looked like Hillary would win, you had more of her supporters participating, more leftist, more Democrats if you will. Conservatives, rightist, Republicans were here, but not as active. Now the election is over and the reverse is true.The rightist, conservatives have come out of the woodwork and are back and not as silent. I would say, just the natural ebb and flow of things.

11. AnnaNoblesse

AnnaNoblesse New Member

Clinton did win! The election was stolen from her by racist, homophobic, misogynistic, anti immigrant, Russian loving Comey fan boys who hate kittens and puppies.

- - - Updated - - -

J/K I voted for Trump.
    I just wanted to bring some balance to the force (forum).

12. vman12

vman12 Well-Known Member Past Donor

It's not our fault many of the progressive posters ran away on election night.

13. tecoyah

tecoyah Well-Known Member Past Donor

For myself at least (and probably others) the lack of pushback has more to do with acceptance of reality than anything bordering on support of Trump. Like it or not he IS going to be my President and this country is in for a very rough ride because of it, at this point I have decided to buckle up and hope for the best. I may not like what is going to happen but, it IS going to regardless and trying to make the best of it is all I have at my disposal.

I have to admit the gloating TrumpHumpers does get annoying however and what passes for Republican now is pretty disgusting.

monkrules likes this.
  14. btthegreat

btthegreat Well-Known Member

The site is missing centrists / moderates. the hardest place to be on a forum like this is in the 'reasonable' center, but you get either attacked on both sides or completely ignored because your material lacks the potential for drama that the extremes provide. Because centrists are few in number they cannot really provide any cover each other. Nor can they attack in number.

monkrules likes this.
  15. Diuretic

Diuretic Well-Known Member

Speaking as a nosey foreigner....nah, it's about the same. Really there doesn't seem to be much spite from the Right. Triumphalism yes but to be expected.

16. Ritter

Ritter Well-Known Member

I have not been a member for too long but judging from my short stay, I do not see too much of a difference. Since this is a political forum, a huge political event like Trump winning the presidency will - obviously - have huge effects on the content. As a whole, the left:right ratio is just as balanced as it always was.

17. ChrisL

ChrisL Well-Known Member

I don't know, but I don't post here much anymore because it's kind of boring, TBH.

18. HereWeGoAgain

HereWeGoAgain Banned

Not much makes me laugh out loud but that did.

19. PrincipleInvestment

PrincipleInvestment Well-Known Member

I truely believe many former liberal posters were paid to troll PF. Now that the well has gone dry, they've just evaporated.

20. HereWeGoAgain

HereWeGoAgain Banned

How many trolls here do you think are on the Trump payroll?

I've seen a number of posts that makes me think the authors are Putin supporters; maybe even Russian operatives.

21. usfan

usfan Banned

But you should also admit that what goes around, comes around. There was as much or much more from the leftists on the media, the forums, & everywhere when obama won.. and quite a bit of strutting about from him as well. But i'm sure you noticed that in 2009, & called them 'ObamaHumpers'.. :D

22. usfan

usfan Banned

That is because there is no 'reasonable center', on many things. How can you have a centrist view on abortion, for example? It is either the murder of an unborn child, or it is a lump of tissue that the woman can do with as she pleases. Most of the 'centrist' issues are usually leftist dodges, pretending to be moderate when they are steeped in progressive ideology, but since they are not bomb throwing anarchists, or straight up communists, they pretend to be 'moderate'.

The issue is the same as it has always been, for all of human history.

How do you keep a few men from saying to many men, 'You make bread, & we will eat it?'

That is the central issue that this election addressed. The working man got tired of the waste, fraud, & corruption in our 'public servants'. We got sick of footing the bill for hordes of moochers & looters who do nothing, but demand to be supported in the lap of luxury. That is where lines like, 'drain the swamp' originate. this is hardly an extreme position, but is mere blowback from decades of progressive bullying of the citizens.

Plus, it may be too late, anyway. Too much damage to the currency, too many dependents, too many entitled, spoiled citizens, too many moochers on the govt teat. Even if Trump wanted to end it all, i don't think he could.

23. Deckel

Deckel Well-Known Member Past Donor

How can one be anti-trump when Trump hasn't taken office yet? One could obsess about his tweets I suppose, but beyond that, we are in a political lull until January 20th.

24. HereWeGoAgain

HereWeGoAgain Banned

Too bad you elected a con artist and traitor to fix things.

I guess integrity doesn't matter any more; only blue-sky promises and mind-numbing, racist, and hateful rhetoric intended to divide the nation.

The new American Mantra: Tell me what I want to hear and I'll vote for anyone.

monkrules likes this.
  25. petef56

petef56 Well-Known Member

It makes perfect sense that " less and less leftist or progressive posters on the site", when you consider that many of those kinds of members were being paid to post and they either disappeared or reduced their activity after the money was cut off.