NC Student Slammed to the Ground by Officer, Incident Being Reviewed

Discussion in 'Law & Justice' started by superbadbrutha, Jan 7, 2017.

1. superbadbrutha

superbadbrutha Banned

What can you say when you look at something like this.

Is this the protocol that is suppose to be used to restrain a 100lb girl.

Now lets wait and see how many folks will come on here and try and defend this action. Making the claim that she deserved it or the officer was in fear of his life.

This guy should be fired immediately.

2. Texas Republican

Texas Republican Well-Known Member Past Donor

She probably spit in his face or kicked him in the balls. I doubt he just picked her out of the crowd and decided to body slam her.

3. superbadbrutha

superbadbrutha Banned

There may be other video because Eagles says all Rolesville police officers received body cameras in August. Since his body camera should have been on why hasn't he produced it.

4. snakestretcher

snakestretcher Banned

"Probably"? Care to share your knowledge of the incident with the rest of us? This isn't the first time school cops have behaved like violent criminal thugs. Isn't America wonderful; with such heroic cops you should be proud.

5. War is Peace

War is Peace Banned

Rush to judgement???
    I'll admit, the cop's actions seem uncalled for. But we don't know what happened. Did she try to take his gun, or punch him? Or did he just show up, pick out a random girl and body slam her for no reason?

Why don't we have the video that proceeds the incident? Did the person filming only get the last few seconds of the altercation, or was the video conveniently "edited"? (CNN does it.....why not a citizen?)

It looks bad. If it had been my daughter being slammed, I'd be livid! But then again, my daughter doesn't pick fights........especially with cops.
    Let's wait and get all the facts.

6. Lil Mike

Lil Mike Well-Known Member

This absolutely should be a national issue that should bring about that long waited for conversation about race that we've never, ever had. We don't discuss race and law enforcement and maybe, just maybe, this incident will kick off that long waited for discussion. I was really disappointed that the 2015 issue of the police officer pushing the girl in the bikini down in the grass was only a 10 day story. We should still be discussing this!!!

7. Texas Republican

We assume innocence until proven guilty. In most cases, these "crimes by police" are crap.

8. QLB

QLB Well-Known Member

Do you think she was conducting a prayer meeting. Money says she was out of control an oh so common feature of YBM's and YBF's in schools everywhere they are predominate.

9. snakestretcher

snakestretcher Banned

You have already made the assumption that she either 'spat' at the 'cop' or 'kicked him in the balls' and expressed those accusations as a probability, so you have no argument old chap.

10. PrincipleInvestment

PrincipleInvestment Well-Known Member

IMO, if the girl assaulted the officer, or in fact was participating, rather than intervening in the fight, the officer was justified. Not enough information to determine what, if any, physical threat was posed by the girl. Though if 2 100lb. girls were assaulting a single 100lb girl, I'd say subduing 1 with haste is a reasonable response.

11. Texas Republican

Can you read? What is your IQ?

I said "probably", but I'm reserving final judgment, old chap. That's unlike the clownish left that wants him fired immediately, old chap.

12. snakestretcher

snakestretcher Banned

Why shouldn't he be fired? He assaulted a little girl. If it was your kid you'd be after his balls-and you know it.

13. Habana

Habana Well-Known Member

There's not enough evidence in the video to say whether it was assault or not. You're making the assumption he assaulted her. We don't know what the antecedent to this was. We just have a snapshot with no real context.

14. snakestretcher

snakestretcher Banned

Ah, so she simply fell over? There were dozens of witnesses, and no 'antecedent' excuses throwing a small, unarmed child to the floor. None. How do these 'cops' get jobs?

15. snakestretcher

snakestretcher Banned

"Money says"? Yep, that gamble will stand up in court, your racist comments notwithstanding.

16. Habana

Habana Well-Known Member

Your assumptions are showing again. If it was justified it isn't assault. Yes, there are scenarios where such an action is justified and emotionally claiming otherwise doesn't change anything.

17. QLB

QLB Well-Known Member

It's a figure of speech, not a legal term. You do get that don't you. And what racist comment did I make. Ever been to a mostly/all Black high school lately? It has more in common with a prison than a school.

18. snakestretcher

snakestretcher Banned

WTF? NOTHING justifies throwing a child to the floor. What do you find so hard to understand about that?

19. Steve N

Steve N Well-Known Member Past Donor

Don't know how they get them, but why we have them is because of violent criminal students. When I went to school we didn't have police patrolling the halls, but these days schools seem full of cops. Whatever is going on in this school it's serious enough where they need their own police enforcement. Doesn't say much about the students, does it?

As for the video, we need more information. As least no one is playing the race card this time.

20. snakestretcher

snakestretcher Banned

You clearly singled out blacks as trouble-makers, completely ignoring that white kids are equally capable. They also have a habit of shooting-up schools in case you forgot. Read, learn: http://www.indiana.edu/~atlantic/wp...can-American-Differential-Behavior_031214.pdf

21. Steve N

Steve N Well-Known Member Past Donor

So much for having an open mind and waiting for the facts.

22. snakestretcher

snakestretcher Banned

A small child is thrown to the floor by an adult in authority. Witnesses agree. There's facts for you.

23. Habana

Habana Well-Known Member

There's nothing to understand, you're wrong. I could present 1000+ scenarios that would make it justifiable. Of course we both know you've taken an emotional stance and any example I give will not be good enough for your emotions. It's a good thing the officer won't judged by your emotional responses.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying he was justified. I just need more information.

24. QLB

QLB Well-Known Member

That's because they're guilty as charged. There are very few underperforming all White schools. They are the norm in Black communities. Leftist propaganda masquerading as data won't change that nor will it help the drop out rate and lack of achievement by YBF's and especially YBM's. The school shooting stuff is bogus, a event that happens every few years. School shooting on or near school grounds are quite common.

25. snakestretcher

snakestretcher Banned

What 'leftist propaganda'? I guess you mean anything you don't agree with. Read the link-which you clearly didn't bother to. There are no 'all white schools' by the way. That would be both unconstitutional and illegal if it were school policy.