How Long Will This Be Allowed?

Discussion in 'Gun Control' started by Old Trapper, Jan 7, 2017.

1. Old Trapper

Old Trapper Banned

Several questions arise from this event for the right wingers, however, the main one is how dd he get a gun, and how did he have it transported from Alaska to Florida? Tell us how we need more guns, and fewer regulations:

http://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2017...erdale-gunman-had-mental-illness-family-says/

"In November, Esteban told FBI agents in Alaska that the government was controlling his mind and was forcing him to watch Islamic State group videos, a law enforcement official said. The official was not authorized to discuss an ongoing investigation by name and spoke Friday on condition of anonymity.

The FBI agents notified the police after the interview with Esteban Santiago, who took him in for a mental health evaluation."

2. trucker

trucker Well-Known Member Past Donor

off the streets could be stolen or just someone sold him one along the way.

its allowed by the airliners to transport weapons in luggage secured in cargo area
    away from passengers during flight[​IMG] BTW airliners do not do back ground checks on the gun registration i dont know either if they do one at all on the passenger.

3. The Wyrd of Gawd

The Wyrd of Gawd Well-Known Member

Quick, pass another 100,000 laws! One of them might make us safe.

4. trucker

he attack the area because it was a no gun zone, note he didnt want to die get shot by another carrying person, he threw the gun down when the cops arrived and lay spread eagle on the ground
    [​IMG]

5. Kranes56

Kranes56 Banned

Why would he be a martyr when he can stand witness for why the government is evil and inspire more to his cause? If that was really the case, why travel to Fort Lauderdale when there are going to be plenty of "gun free zones" in Alaska?

I'm not going guess his motivation but it does seem fairly obvious a person who should not have a gun was able to get it.

6. trucker

maybe he had some ex there, or hated the beach easy going rich retired folks there or its trump hang out when he golfs thinking he can kill a few off them randomly in that air port i don't know..:confusion:

7. Steve N

Steve N Well-Known Member Past Donor

Do you have a regulation in mind that would have prevented this?

8. The Wyrd of Gawd

The Wyrd of Gawd Well-Known Member

Those areas are patrolled by gun carrying cops. The fact that he was able to shoot so many people and possibly reload indicates that the cops weren't very eager to take him on. The shooter also took steps to setup his alibi by playing the crazy tactic with the FBI. Don't expect a quick conviction.

9. trucker

maybe because florida put trump in a early win and he wanted to take out a bunch of old white right winger folks that were responsible for his win victoms he targeted [​IMG]

10. trucker

he can see the cops in uniform, not a plain cloths person cloak in the crowd of passengers and waited when their wasn't any around the area on break or shift change then he started firing , he was more concern on a some random person carrying a pistol taking him out early.

11. a777pilot

a777pilot Well-Known Member

Called it!

I knew that the Liberals and their lap dogs in the MSM would say this incident was all about guns. If I were running the show I would be researching how this man with a mental illness was NOT getting treatment and why the FBI did not have him on a no fly list after he came to one of their offices and said he was being forced by the government to watch ISIS videos.

Most mass shootings fall in one of two categories, mental illness or terrorism. This one was both.

12. APACHERAT

APACHERAT Well-Known Member Past Donor

California will be at it this coming Monday morning in Sacramento. The liberals are running out of gun laws to pass in California.

13. One Mind

One Mind Well-Known Member Past Donor

If laws would make us safe, non of us would have to worry about being killed by someone driving too fast. You can name innumerable examples like this.

Adding new laws when all of the common sense ones are already on the books that are constitutional only adds costs to the taxpayers so that someone can get the delusion of security. For once you enact the common sense laws, irrationality kicks in and thinking becomes emotion driven, delusion driven, and the delusional solve nothing, but with hefty price tags.

When the sheer numbers of laws make it impossible for one to know them all, and ignorance is no excuse for breaking one, you have the mentally ill in charge of the mental hospitals which makes it tough on the people are supposed to be caring for the patients.

IN this case here, outside of blaming the mentally ill, you can point at an inefficient system, or one tied by too many laws which made it impossible to lock the guy up in some padded cell. Going back to the common sense ways of dealing with the mentally ill might save a few lives. Today they end up in our jails for non lethal offenses, for we no longer have federally and state funded mental hospitals to protect the public and the ill. We stopped doing that so we could spend the money on other things, like invading sovereign nations based upon contrived intel and lies, in the interests of elite business interests, and protecting our Petro Dollar. Yep, we need to build more mental units to protect us from these nuts.

14. One Mind

One Mind Well-Known Member Past Donor

Keeping guns out of the hands of everyone who should not have them is impossible. No matter how many laws you impose. This is pure rationality, logic, reason, but the anti constitution people are not any of these things. They are driven by emotion driven irrationality. This is a huge problem, in so many areas and not just on this issue.

15. AlphaOmega

AlphaOmega Well-Known Member Past Donor

Its not allowed that's why they arrested him. Its also why they don't take your box truck away because someone else used one to mow down people in a crowd.

16. liberalminority

liberalminority Well-Known Member

communist mental hospitals by the politburo are only necessary if we serve the rich in crony capitalism.

the communism of banning guns and the crony capitalism of wars for oil are responsible, not the peasants.

17. Robert

Robert Well-Known Member Past Donor

I have landed and taken off and rented a car at Ft. Lauderdale Airport.

Sure, pass a law. That and the million others really solves the problem.

When I flew from Boston to SF in early 1964, no shootings, no terrorists and I was not hassled at check in.

Well, we passed a lot more laws since then and here we are.

Democrats still screaming their guts out to make laws.

Ever stop to think it's something else?

Of all the places I have flown into and out of, the worst experience for me as on the Big Island, Hawaii. I shall never forget the hassle that day and the luggage I paid to have repaired all due to the TSA.

18. Robert

Be certain to let us all know the day your poor or middle class person starts up big business so we cal all get a job.

I mean, to hell with the rich who actually do provide jobs, eh????

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

If this nation becomes a nation of storm troopers, they can keep you too scared to own a gun.

To have that happen, vote pure Democratic party.

19. Ctrl

Ctrl Well-Known Member Past Donor

I do. I am very pro 2nd btw... I don't see a reason to be allowed to transport ammo via commercial jet.

In truth, this issue is not about guns. It is about mental health. We need to bring back our infrastructure for the mentally ill. In the 80s they shut down all the loony bins, and just released them all on the streets. This specific case I would call a failure of the VA, though I am not convinced the "voices" indicate PTSD, there was clearly an issue, and it seems his service broke it wide open.

The answer is not gun legislation IMO... it is unfortunately a very expensive investment in mental health infrastructure.

20. webrockk

webrockk Well-Known Member Past Donor

Try as the totalitarians may, laws cannot change what is in an evil person's heart.

21. Zorro

Zorro Well-Known Member

Czech government tells its citizens how to fight terrorists: shoot them yourselves.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...shoot-them-yourselves/?utm_term=.047ca622e1aa

22. Robert

These bozos we have in this state are constantly making laws to remove freedom.

How many years back was it that Jose Canseco when he played for the Oakland A's got arrested by the cops in San Francisco for having a gun in his car. California is not the same California I grew up in.

He had to get medical treatment and came to his car to find he was arrested.

http://www.nytimes.com/1989/04/22/sports/a-s-canseco-is-arrested.html

23. Robert

24. Robert

I believe terrorists are also mentally ill.

But as to shipping ammo by air, done daily. Guns are also shipped that way.

It is not machines, it is humans.

I am not in favor of the police state nor the tossing into the mental institutions all of them. But some you should have put where they can't harm.

I understand it is a low percent of the mentally ill capable of mass killings.

25. Kranes56

Kranes56 Banned

No laws will ever completely prevent people from doing something. That's a basic assumption of all laws. So the goal is to prevent as many people as possible from doing the crime. So when gun laws are proposed, the idea is to make less people commit crimes. Whether or not they work is up to debate.