Do you want to escalate the Cold War with Russia?

Discussion in 'Opinion POLLS' started by JakeJ, Jan 7, 2017.

?

Do you favor escalating our Cold War against Russia?

1. Yes, we must fully surround, contain & punish Russia

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Somewhat, but mostly at current level of containment & punishment

1 vote(s)
    12.5%
  3. No, it is time to finally end the Cold War

5 vote(s)
    62.5%
  4. IDK/Other

2 vote(s)
    25.0%
  1. JakeJ

JakeJ Well-Known Member Past Donor

We have weapons and bases on Russia's Western Border, just off their Eastern border in Japan, NATO in Turkey on Russia's border and to Russia's South in Iraq, Afghanistan, and around the M.E. Russia has no bases or missiles on our border. In addition, we have economic sanctions against Russia.

The Democrats and Republican neocons in Congress furiously insist this isn't enough. Clinton-Democrats wanted the USA to directly attack the Russian military with American forces in Syria and one of Clinton's top supporters ex-Intelligence openly declared the USA should assassinate any Russians we can - something not disavowed by Clinton nor any other Democrat politician. Currently, on the Democrat side and neocon Republicans is a level of McCathy era red-scare campaign that is going off the charts. However, regardless, the declarations that Russia is our mortal enemy is higher than it has been in many years and possibly not since before the breakup of the USSR.

Do you favor escalating our Cold War with Russia - militarily, economically and culturally?

2. Cdnpoli

Cdnpoli Banned

Clinton-Democrats wanted the USA to directly attack the Russian military with American forces in Syria and one of Clinton's top supporters ex-Intelligence openly declared the USA should assassinate any Russians we can - something not disavowed by Clinton nor any other Democrats.

You're gonna have to cite sources.

I want hillary's direct words

3. Seth Bullock

Seth Bullock Well-Known Member Past Donor

In a word, no. It is interesting and disappointing to see the political left and the belligerent right trying to ramp up the big Red Scare.

4. RichT2705

RichT2705 Well-Known Member Past Donor

Absolutely not. Whether it's a hot war, a cold war, and the countless "war on XXXX" daily...I as an American am tired of being on some perpetual war footing with someone or something all the time.

5. Seth Bullock

What do you think "no fly zone" means?

6. JakeJ

Clinton repeatedly called for imposing a "no-fly zone" over Syria. Syria has been in the Russian sphere for over half a century and flying over, in and out of Syrian for over half a decade - all with permission of the Syrian government. We have NO permission of the Syrian government to fly over Syria. A "no fly zone" means shooting down other aircraft - meaning RUSSIAN aircraft. If you are not aware of her repeatedly calling for an enforced no-fly-zone over Syria you are so out of touch with the campaign there's no point since you aren't interested anyway.

Shooting down Russian aircraft over Syria would be exactly NO different than Russia shooting down American aircraft over Germany and the UK.

As for assassinating Russians:

"FORMER ACTING CIA Director Michael Morell said in an interview Monday that U.S. policy in Syria should be to make Iran and Russia “pay a price” by arming local groups and instructing them to kill Iranian and Russian personnel in the country.

Morell was appearing on the Charlie Rose show on PBS in the wake of his publicly endorsing Hillary Clinton on the New York Times opinion pages.

Clinton has expressed support for increased military intervention in Syria against Bashar al-Assad’s Syrian government. Iran and Russia are backing Assad."

https://theintercept.com/2016/08/09...s-for-killing-iranians-and-russians-in-syria/

What about Russia arming Muslim militants in Germany instructing them to kill Americans and Brits? Same thing. This also was reported and oft presented on this forum as well. At no time did Clinton disavow this nor can I recall her advocating anything but escalating conflict with Russia.

7. Cdnpoli

Cdnpoli Banned

OP said

Clinton-Democrats wanted the USA to directly attack the Russian military with American forces in Syria

And I want to see Clinton saying that.

- - - Updated - - -

So OP cannot show me where Clinton said she wanted to directly attack the Russian military. Good to know OPS question is bull crap.

8. JakeJ

If you do not call the many times Clinton called for the USA to establish a no-fly-zone in Syria then I question why you would post on a political forum if that disinterested - or rather see no reason to try to post a 100 page message to recall the entire campaign season for you since this all was on the forum already many times - unless you don't know what a no-fly-zone means.

Do you know what "no-fly-zone" means?

9. Cdnpoli

Cdnpoli Banned

Sure. In a no fly zone there is a chance that another country will cross the no fly zone but that's not a guarantee. You're throwing in your personal opinion as fact.

10. Seth Bullock

A no fly zone means we will directly attack their aircraft, and we don't even have a declaration of war or permission from the government.

11. Cdnpoli

Cdnpoli Banned

So when Erdogan consults president Trump about a no fly zone as he said you're going to oppose it in case some country flies over the zone?

12. Seth Bullock

I oppose the imposition of a no fly zone over Syria. Period.

13. Johnny Brady

Johnny Brady New Member

What Cold War? Don has just ended the 70-year-long threat of an American-Russian nuke war, something no other Pres has ever been able to do. Let's hope he and Vlad jointly get the Nobel Peace Prize..:)

[​IMG]
    ------------------------------------------------------

Thankfully this little granny never got in with her "Putin is a boogeyman" rants..:)

[​IMG]

14. Cdnpoli

Cdnpoli Banned

15. Seth Bullock

16. Cdnpoli

Cdnpoli Banned

At least you're consistent. But I have a feeling that trumps groupies won't have a problem with it.

17. Seth Bullock

I doubt Trump will do it. My impression of Trump is that he does not want to deepen our entanglement with Syria, and I doubt he wants to get into a shooting war with the Russians over Syria.

Btw, thanks. I try.

18. PrincipleInvestment

PrincipleInvestment Well-Known Member

What? Who exactly is promoting overt action against Russia? Links? John McCain? :alcoholic:

19. HailVictory

HailVictory Banned at Members Request

Ok, well, I like Russia's style, but what they are doing is wrong. What we really want to do is tear down old Russia and build up a new, better one. What the Democrats think is that we should combat Russia's actions and the neocons think that we should just have all missiles point at them so if they sneeze we can fire. We need to attack the problem of Russia at the source.

So long story short, I support closer ties with Russia as a country, but also support a US military occupation and intervention in Russia to set up a functioning government and crack down on corruption. I also think that we need to curb their military. Of course, with this, I would support a diplomatic approach, but considering it's Russia we're talking about, chances are that won't work.

A great quote from someone or the other, can't remember. "Never point a gun at someone unless you mean to pull the trigger." Unless we are ready to drive tanks through the streets of Moscow (which would be beautiful to watch), we shouldn't be pointing our missiles at them.

20. FreshAir

FreshAir Well-Known Member Past Donor

no I do not want a cold war, I also do not want them hacking our systems either

21. APACHERAT

APACHERAT Well-Known Member Past Donor

Instituting Democratic presidential nominee Hillary Clinton’s no-fly zone in Syria would require going to war, according to the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff.