Part 35 of Post Your Tough Questions Regarding Christianity

Discussion in 'Religion & Philosophy' started by Mitt Ryan, Jan 8, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mitt Ryan

Mitt Ryan Well-Known Member

Part 35 is a continuation of Post Your Tough Questions pertaining to God/Jesus/Holy Bible and I will do my best to clarify and make sense of it to those who are unaware...I still have questions and comments I haven't responded to in Part 9 thru 34.

I don't want my intentions to come across as converting you or whatever lol... but rather clear up things etc... so ask away. Also I don't want people to feel like I'm ignoring your question/questions/comment/comments, like I said I'm still answering questions on Part 9 and so yes, I'm behind.

And so when your question comes up and if it is coherent enough in my view I will then answer it. Sometimes I do answer questions out of order but for the most part I answer them as I'm going through the threads. Ok thanks for your understanding & patience!...so again ask away.

2. Mitt Ryan

Mitt Ryan Well-Known Member

I wholeheartedly agree! But let's not forget, the sun was created along with everything else in existence by the Creator Almighty God!

3. trevorw2539

trevorw2539 Well-Known Member Past Donor

ou gotta be jivin us boy, JC was seen by the 5 million population of Israel and the 600-strong Roman garrison, that's a lot of eyeballs..
    "Large crowds from Galilee, the Ten Cities, Jerusalem, Judea and the region across the Jordan followed him" (Matt 4:25), and he pulled crowds of over 5000 and 4000 at two gigs alone (Matt 14:13, Matt 15:32).
    Heck, he was almost as big as Elvis, and the similarities are uncanny!-

"..everybody tried to touch Jesus because power was coming from him" (Luke 6:12-19)

Given the circumsances of the day - lack of communication devices, distances walked and a 12 hour day, your post and christian propaganda is ridiculous.

4. sdelsolray

sdelsolray Well-Known Member

Once again, Mr. Mere Assertion merely asserts. Note how convincing his exclamation point is.

- - - Updated - - -

These Bible worshipers actually believe the stories in the Bible are true. Funny stuff.

5. ecco

ecco Well-Known Member

From previous thread

Scientific conclusions, as you should know, are based on the accumulated evidence from research.

If you want to talk about science then let's examine the evidence for your "theory" on the origins and ages of the sun and the earth.

First, explain your conclusion on the ages of the sun and the earth. Then let's look at the evidence you have for those opinions.

The primary evidence you have is from one chapter in something you call The Old Testament.
    When was it written?
    Who wrote it?
    How did the they author(s) get their information?

6. rahl

rahl Banned

Prove this statement

7. sdelsolray

sdelsolray Well-Known Member

Mitt Ryan doesn't do evidence, demonstration, logic or proof. He merely asserts religious dogma. Haven't you noticed?

8. tecoyah

tecoyah Well-Known Member Past Donor

Actually our sun is the result of gases compressed by gravity until fusion of particles begin to fuse and expel energetic particles as is proven by physics and confirmed by observation of star creation throughout our universe and galaxy....but if you choose to believe it's sky fairy magic...go for it, no one cares if you look a fool.

9. trevorw2539

I actually believe there was a MAN named Jesus. A Jewish preacher of the time. Study the life of this man without the gospel's addition of 'miracles' etc and the attribute of Divinity given him by the disciples, and we have a Jewish teacher. The Gospel writers have put words in the mouth of this preacher that no Jew would ever say. Jesus was in the line of Jewish teachers like the 'prophets' of old. His birth narratives are simply a misinterpretations of OT scriptures taken out of context to make him the prophesied Messiah, the misunderstanding of Roman laws, and contradictory. Trial/crucifixion narratives are again contradictory.

Jesus spoke to the Jews, in Jewish beliefs and parables - often from the OT - and in most cases they understood him. He died for angering the Religious heirarchy.

10. Margot2

Margot2 Banned

UOTE=trevorw2539;1066977857]I actually believe there was a MAN named Jesus. A Jewish preacher of the time. Study the life of this man without the gospel's addition of 'miracles' etc and the attribute of Divinity given him by the disciples, and we have a Jewish teacher. The Gospel writers have put words in the mouth of this preacher that no Jew wld ever say. Jesus was in the line of Jewish teachers like the 'prophets' of old. His birth narratives are simply a misinterpretations of OT scriptures taken out of context to make him the prophesied Messiah, the misunderstanding of Roman laws, and contradictory. Trial/crucifixion narratives are again contradictory.

Jesus spoke to the Jews, in Jewish beliefs and parables - often from the OT - and in most cases they understood him. He died for angering the Religious heirarchy.[/QUOTE]

I can't imagine that either the Jews or the Romans would be too concerned about a guy teaching "love one another"...

There's a part of the Babylonian Talmud that talks about Jesus' death a lot.. Its completely different.

11. AlphaOmega

AlphaOmega Well-Known Member Past Donor

Why did it do that exactly?

12. trevorw2539

There's a part of the Babylonian Talmud that talks about Jesus' death a lot.. Its completely different.[/QUOTE]

I agree. But this was part of the Torah. Jesus would have said it as a good Jewish preacher would have done.

Leviticus 19:18. Do not seek revenge or bear a grudge against a fellow Israelite, but love your neighbour as yourself. I am the Lord.
    " verse 33/34. Do not take advantage of foreigner who lives in your land.Treat them like native born Israelites and love them as you love yourselves.

The Jewish religious wanted Jesus out of the way. A care less Pilate obliged.The people were well aware the Pharisees cared only for themselves. . The Jewish people were not in on it.

13. Margot2

Margot2 Banned

I get it.. thanks. Do you know the Babylonian Talmud and where it talks about stoning Jesus? I know that was written later.

I agree. But this was part of the Torah. Jesus would have said it as a good Jewish preacher would have done.

Leviticus 19:18. Do not seek revenge or bear a grudge against a fellow Israelite, but love your neighbour as yourself. I am the Lord.
    " verse 33/34. Do not take advantage of foreigner who lives in your land.Treat them like native born Israelites and love them as you love yourselves.

The Jewish religious wanted Jesus out of the way. A care less Pilate obliged.The people were well aware the Pharisees cared only for themselves. . The Jewish people were not in on it.[/QUOTE]

14. trevorw2539

Margot quote.
    Talmud Bavli (Babylon) Sanhedrin 43a

15. Prunepicker

Prunepicker Well-Known Member

Non Christian evidence of Jesus.
    http://coldcasechristianity.com/2014/is-there-any-evidence-for-jesus-outside-the-bible/

Jesus was the Messiah, as the OT has shown us.
    The writers of the Gospels were Jews so yes a Jew would say that.
    Wrong. You are taking the Bible out of context. I've pointed this out several times and you
    still ignore the evidence. There are no contradictions or misunderstandings, either.

You on the other hand claimed to have taken religion courses. I've busted this myth by
    exposing your "word for word" cut and paste in you previous posts that you claim to
    be from your notes. The misunderstandings of the Bible so far have been yours, which
    are evident in every post you make.

I'm going to have to continue showing you and the posters the errors of your ways.

16. Prunepicker

Prunepicker Well-Known Member

The Babylonian Talmus also records Jesus' performing miracles.

Thallus is another non Bible or Chrisitian historian who records Jesus' miracles.

17. Margot2

Margot2 Banned

Yeah.. that's it..

18. Margot2

Margot2 Banned

You may want to check the dating of the Babylonian Talmud... Jesus was gone a couple hundred years. How could they have witnessed Jesus miracles?

19. trevorw2539

:roflol:

20. trevorw2539

The Babylon Talmud 43a talks about sorcery, not miracles. There were many sorcerers around. Acts 8.

21. ecco

ecco Well-Known Member

Following, from your link, is the title of the article, the author and date,heading and the first sentence.
    Is There Any Evidence for Jesus Outside the Bible?
    jwallace May 1, 2014
    Is There Any Evidence for Jesus Outside the BibleThe reliable Gospel eyewitness accounts aren’t the only ancient description of Jesus. ​

Please name one "reliable Gospel eyewitness" who wrote an account of anything Jesus did.

22. The Wyrd of Gawd

The Wyrd of Gawd Well-Known Member

Don't you know that Suns (stars) are created all the time? If you are alive you will see a new one in the year 2022. It was formed about 1,800 years ago. http://www.telegraph.co.uk/science/...ion-suns-will-create-new-star-night-sky-2022/ It doesn't mean that Jesus will show up so don't get overly excited.

23. SillyAmerican

SillyAmerican Well-Known Member

Would you like to say why you believe the Bible is not true? Or would you prefer to simply be amused?

Understand that truth comes in a number of different forms. There is truth in poetry as well as truth in documentary. If I say my wife is a rose, do you think I'm nuts for thinking her a flower, or do you understand that I'm saying she's beautiful and delicate? The Psalms and the Gospels can both be true while being very different in both form and function...

Ok. Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John.

24. trevorw2539

You can exclude Mark and Luke - not being around Jesus. 'Matthews' gospel was written by an unknown author. That leaves John - who was rather fond of himself and rated himself above the other disciples. Mmm. John 21.

25. The Wyrd of Gawd

The Wyrd of Gawd Well-Known Member

Whatever happened to socerers? They used to be as common as dirt but now they seem to have disappeared. I need one to whip me up 100 tons of gold.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.