Tremendous victory for anyone who wants money out of politics

Discussion in 'Political Opinions & Beliefs' started by tsuke, Jan 9, 2017.

1. tsuke

tsuke Well-Known Member

Trump won with half the amount that clinton spent and the GOP senate and congress slate spent (600m) around 75% what the democrats did (800m) and retained control of house and senate.

It shows that the most corporate backed candidates dont always win!

2. Lesh

Lesh Banned

https://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics/politics/2016-election/campaign-finance/

When the MSM gives a candidate all that free exposure...that's how it goes.

So all we need to do is have outrageous reality starts run for Prez and say outrageous moronic stuff to keep his face and name in the media and we'll never have to spend money on elections again.

Oh yea and make sure you have a foreign government doing it's part as well

3. Hoosier8

Hoosier8 Well-Known Member Past Donor

Saying moronic stuff didn't help the old lady.

4. ArmySoldier

ArmySoldier Well-Known Member Past Donor

The arrogant hag thought she could insult millions of people and still win the states needed.

HAHA

5. tsuke

tsuke Well-Known Member

how much free exposure did they give to the senate and house? The gop still won by spending far less money than the dems.

6. CrankyPant

CrankyPant New Member

The GOP outspent the Democrats on Senate races $393 million to $370 million for a net loss of 2 seats.
    And the GOP outspent Democrats on House races $553 million to $468 million, and lost 6 seats overall.
    So, spending doesn't really have much to do with it.
    Trump was able to get massive amounts of free media coverage by constantly calling into TV news shows and saying outrageous things. And he still lost the popular vote by 3 million.
    Hey, remember when he said he wouldn't need anyone's money because "I'm really really rich"? How did that go?

7. War is Peace

War is Peace Banned

I believe that during the Primary, the media intentionally gave Donald Trump several hundred million dollars of free advertisement disguised as news. They wanted him to be the nominee to help assure Hillary's win. (they were afraid of Carley, and Rubio and others)
    Then once he was the nominee, the media did everything they could to destroy him. But, by that time most Americans watching the news had tuned out the talking heads rhetoric.

8. tsuke

tsuke Well-Known Member

according to this source

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2016/dec/10/hillary-clinton-breaks-president-obamas-2012-spend/

the gop spent far less money 600m to 800m. Can you provide a source for yours?

9. Lesh

Lesh Banned

She was "insulting" racists, and bigots...was that you?

10. Homer J Thompson

Homer J Thompson Banned

No amount of money was going to fix the lefts mess. It was obvious to me that when they lost all of the seats in the midterms, the US was waking up to the commie agenda. I told everyone around me that I thought Trump was going to win. Very few believed me but I could feel what was being said by the MSM wasn't working, that the lies by the MSM were so obnoxious that anyone not party first had seen through it. I know life long democrats, not liberals but democrats, had seen through the fake news. Then with Hillary doing her thing and WikiLeaks showing us what most people around me already knew, it just got better and better. We dealt with 8 years of liberalism and even with the propping up of this admin, they could not keep the people in the dark. 90+ million out of the work force, food stamps/EBTs, out of control spending and Barry's love for islam and hatred for cops, whites and Christians was just too much to believe the media any longer.

At least now the media will hold this admin to the fire, which is a good thing. It's just a shame to see the NY fake times admit they were so wrong and would start reporting the truth come to them calling real news fake news and think we will bite on it? Did they not see what just happened? Trump would not have had a chance at being POTUS if things weren't so bad. It sucks though that they won't just hold him to the truth, they will lie at every step but the nice thing is, we have been there done that and got a T shirt - it says "Make America Great Again" and we are ready to win.

11. Lesh

Lesh Banned

They lost ground in both the Senate and the House

- - - Updated - - -

"The left's mess"???

The entirety of the Obama Administration was spent cleaning up the RIGHT'S mess. Have you forgotten the smoking hole in the ground you left last time you had the White House?

12. For Topical Use Only

For Topical Use Only Well-Known Member

A man who's already 'Hollywood' famous and who acts like a blaring foghorn making appalling and outrageous statements 24/7 doesn't need much money to capture millions of mostly vacant minds.

One of the most needy little men alive, I'd say.

13. CrankyPant

CrankyPant New Member

14. tsuke

tsuke Well-Known Member

if you knew anything about politics you would know that a 2 seat loss this cycle for the GOP is a victory just like a 2 seat gain in the senate for 2018 would be a stunning loss for the GOP.

15. tsuke

tsuke Well-Known Member

this was for all including local mine was only federal. You do realize that even in your example the

167 dem senate candidates had an average of 2221241 while the 224 gop had an average of 1756964. So the dems had something like a 25% advantage

901 dem congress candidates had an average of 520179 and the 1072 gop had an average of 515800. So almost even.

16. PARTIZAN1

PARTIZAN1 Well-Known Member

You have to count the money that groups such as the Koch brothers and Freedom Lobby and a whole bunch of others this into the pot but call it education. Money us not out of politics. Ad a mattervof fact money is the POTUS now.

17. therooster

therooster Banned

Lol. Oh you guys ! Why not be happy, jobs are coming back.

18. CrankyPant

CrankyPant New Member

Jobs have been coming back for the last 8 years.
    Mitt Romney promised that he would have unemployment down to 6% by the end of 2016.
    It's now at 4.6%

19. tsuke

tsuke Well-Known Member

i counted the money raised by the candidate. If you want to include the superpacs hillary's total will balloon further.

20. Fisherguy

Fisherguy Well-Known Member

Bwa ha ha ha....yes, a selfish sociopathic paranoid (maybe) billionaire with a third trophy wife from a Soviet country, who has an elevator made of gold, is going to help out the American working man. How delusional can his cult-like followers possibly get?

21. polski

polski Active Member

But it helped the old man. Wonder why.

22. TRFjr

TRFjr Well-Known Member Past Donor

which 90% of that exposer was negative so please stop with that failed premise about free exposer he would have been better off with out it

23. tomfoo13ry

tomfoo13ry Well-Known Member Past Donor

“There’s no reason to raise that,” Mr. Trump told Bloomberg in June. “I just don’t think I need nearly as much money as other people need because I get so much publicity. I get so many invitations to be on television. I get so many interviews, if I want them.”

24. Lesh

Lesh Banned

Negative exposure seemed to ATTRACT Trump supporters so please stop being disengenuous

25. Merwen

Merwen Well-Known Member

Sour grapes.