When will Trump's immature tweets end?

Discussion in 'Political Opinions & Beliefs' started by Sandy Shanks, Jan 9, 2017.

1. Sandy Shanks

Sandy Shanks Banned

Trump's sophomoric tweets are an embarrassment. Everyone experiences remarks made by others that are less than complimentary. 99.9% do not pick up a phone and tweet some nasty response. However, our President-elect does exactly that. The Meryl Streep incident is not a singular event. Like a spoiled six-grader, Trump has lashed out at several personalities who he perceived did him wrong. The personalities would include the cast of SNL, the cast of Hamilton, Bill Clinton, Jon Stewart, Jerry Seinfeld, Megyn Kelly, George Will.

And now one of the most celebrated and most respected actresses on the silver screen, Meryl Streep.

It began innocently enough. Ms. Streep was speaking at the Golden Globes award ceremony. “There was one performance this year that stunned me — it sank its hooks in my heart,” Ms. Streep said. “Not because it was good; there was nothing good about it. But it was effective and it did its job. It made its intended audience laugh, and show their teeth.

“It was that moment when the person asking to sit in the most respected seat in our country imitated a disabled reporter,” she said, referring to a speech by Mr. Trump in 2015 when he shuddered and flailed his arms, seeming to mock a disabled reporter for The New York Times. “It kind of broke my heart when I saw it, and I still can’t get it out of my head, because it wasn’t in a movie. It was real life.”

It was a dramatic statement, full of meaning. The thin-skinned Trump was offended. He unleashed a twitter storm beginning at 3:27 in the morning. Can you believe it? Does he stay awake nights waiting for someone to insult him? It began with this tweet.

Meryl Streep, one of the most over-rated actresses in Hollywood, doesn't know me but attacked last night at the Golden Globes. She is a.....

He didn't finish that one, so he sent off another one at 3:36. It said:

Hillary flunky who lost big. For the 100th time, I never "mocked" a disabled reporter (would never do that) but simply showed him.......

Obviously, Trump had a lot more to say than could be said in 140 characters. Once again he couldn't finish. So, he fired off his last tweet at 3:43.

"groveling" when he totally changed a 16 year old story that he had written in order to make me look bad. Just more very dishonest media!

It is a difficult concept to embrace the idea that this grown man is going to be our President in a few days. When that happens, he will receive uncomplimentary comments from people all over the globe in addition to an unfriendly media that he despises. Will he continue this childish practice when he is President?

The answer is yes, according to one who is supposed to know. Trump will continue to tweet as president, according to incoming White House press secretary Sean Spicer, who predicted that Trump’s engagement with supporters via social media will be “a really exciting part of the job.”

Words fail me.

2. FoxHastings

FoxHastings Well-Known Member

When will Trump's immature(pouty, senile, snowflake, childish,) tweets end?

Never, if one isn't mature at 70 years old it's not a matter of maturing, it's a matter of being 3 years old forever.

3. Fisherguy

Fisherguy Well-Known Member

Trump is a new low for all U.S. presidents, and clearly not presidential material. His cult followers will find out soon enough.

4. CrankyPant

CrankyPant New Member

Hey , he's only 70 years old.
    Give him time to grow up.

5. RPA1

RPA1 Well-Known Member Past Donor

You do realize that your construct is based on a liberal hall of mirrors fantasy? Ms. Streep is a great actor but has seemed to have succumbed to the liberal MSM meme. She is not a reliable source of political fact.

6. vman12

vman12 Well-Known Member Past Donor

What's more embarrassing is that we give so much money to people who play make-believe for a living.

7. Margot2

Margot2 Banned

Let it stand.. It is what it is... and its REALLY dumb or else he has early ALZ like his father.

Just let it stand and accumulate.

8. Johnny-C

Johnny-C Well-Known Member

Trump will continue doing what he does, because he's 70+ years old. Most people that age either cannot or will not change.

I firmly hope for impeachment at the earliest possible date.

9. lemmiwinx

lemmiwinx Well-Known Member Past Donor

Twitter is Trump's method of poking a finger in the eye of his unrelenting and extremely unintelligent detractors (e.g. Meryl Streep or Alec Baldwin). It's working just fine as you can tell by the liberals crying foul every time he spits one out.

10. AlphaOmega

AlphaOmega Well-Known Member Past Donor

Any reason you cant figure out how to ignore them if you dont like them?

11. AlphaOmega

Streep give a rehearsed performance speech to her fellow smug actors...she thinks this is a great thing...trump takes a cell phone app and destroys her in 10 seconds. Priceless.

12. Gatewood

Gatewood Well-Known Member

For some reason leftists simply cannot grasp that the Right did not elect a POLITICIAN. There is nothing polished and nor particularly phony about Donald Trump.

He's unlikely to stand before the nation and deliberately lie to it by saying, "You WILL save on average twenty-five hundred dollars on your health plan." Nor will he say, "If you like your current health plan and M.D. you can keep them period." He may be mistaken from time to time but he won't deliberately lie to the nation. But he will tweet. (Shrug) He could have worse hobbies. So far at least he hasn't had to invent the world's first ever Beer Summit after all.

13. polski

polski Active Member

Mr. Trump is a alpha male. He attempts to crush anyone or anything that does not agree with him.

One interesting thing....Mr. Trump is definitely not a republican.
    You may really dislike him this time next year.
    But, please don't let me spoil your celebration.

14. lemmiwinx

lemmiwinx Well-Known Member Past Donor

Yeah she's popular with the millionaire Hollywood elite. I think they're going to let a few minority films win Oscars this year because of the negative publicity they got at the lily white ceremony last year.

15. kgeiger002

kgeiger002 Active Member Past Donor

Trump's having fun with the MSM who did their best to take him down. I enjoy watching the left get perturbed by it.

16. garyd

garyd Well-Known Member

Probably right after leftist twits figure they can't bully him, intimidate, him or lie publically about him and expect to be given a free pass. Given what slow learners leftist are, that could be a very long time. The funny thing is that rather than shattering the trump alliance with these tactics there knitting together even more tightly.

17. AlphaOmega

Republicans are no better than the dems. Thats why they tried to take trump down too. Didnt work. Now everyone needs to get in line

But yeah...it's gonna be terrible this time next year seeing gun grabbers neutered, isis crushed, jobs coming back and the economy recovering after obama raped it. The horror

18. therooster

therooster Banned

Kind of the same thing with Clinton, once a lying crook always a lying crook.

19. PARTIZAN1

PARTIZAN1 Well-Known Member

So if Trump communicates only with supporters as Spicer implies that proves to he what I already knew- Trump will never be POTUS to all Americans only to his supporters. What is wrong with that picture.

20. PARTIZAN1

PARTIZAN1 Well-Known Member

Wrong his cult followers will never find that out because they either do not care that he is mature or they are not aware that he is not mature.

I have been saying all along that Trump has the unchecked ego of a 12 year old boy and the emotional profile of middle school girl.

21. dairyair

dairyair Well-Known Member

Never.
    It will be interesting to see how the country gets run via twitter.

22. Gatewood

Pretty much what matters to his supporters are results. Trump made a lot of campaign promises and if he fails to deliver on too many of them then he will become a one term president. It is going to be interesting. I do have to admit, however, that it is fun to watch the leftists have hysterics over the first tweeting president.

23. Gatewood

You mean like Obama having spent eight straight years being president to ONLY radical nation-hating leftists? Yes it would be bad if Trump were the president only of patriotic Right of Center people. Nation-haters need love too. Maybe once a week he could unzip and urinate on the flag just to make them happy.

24. APACHERAT

APACHERAT Well-Known Member Past Donor

Then they turn around and give that same money to the corrupt banana republic DNC, Obama and Hillary and lately to Hasbro who makes Play Dough.

25. Zorro

Zorro Well-Known Member

What's sophmoric is Meryl Streep, who gave a Snobby Golden Globes Speech, Admits She Lost Her Mind, Bashes Trump and then Cries!
    But not everyone tosses them right back in your face, like Trump does, and then wins!
    No. Hollywood and the Left are full of crap like this.
    He throws it right back in their face, after McCain and Romney, we decided to go with a bare knuckled brawler, and guess, what, outside of CA, the majority the country were so pleased, he won 30 States!
    Washed up has-beens.
    Totally debunked nonsense.
    You tell lies about him, he hits back. This is news? Have you been sleeping under a rock since the advent of Trump? You want mush, support McCain or Romney, but they lost, didn't they. The Left said McCain was unstable and that Romney let cancer victims die and tortured his dog and gave teenagers atomic wedgies.
    He has amazing genetics and seems to need very little sleep.
    True!
    Glad we put that one to rest!
    Yup! He beat the drunken kleptocrat war monger, 30 states to 20 because she ran a stupid campaign. She spent twice a much losing, he spent half as much winning!
    Good! It will drive the Left nuts!
    Yes, he is cutting edge. The Old Days when the Left controlled messaging are gone, gone gone, because they are colluding liars. Dirty Donna even slipped debate questions to Crooked Hillary, and Crooked Hillary still lost!
    I don't know, that was a pretty long post!