+ Reply to Thread
+ Post New Thread
Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 814151617181920 LastLast
Results 171 to 180 of 196

Thread: Meryl Streep - Am I the only white male who...

  1. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Media_Truth View Post
    Meryl Streep - Am I the only white male who liked what she had to say? I'm an above-average-income white guy, so Trump won't hurt me. A lot of women have had a very emotional reaction to this election. It's hard to blame them, with the Locker Room Banter, the "Nasty Woman", and now calling Streep an "Overrated actress".

    With all the FOX lies, I think they could have gotten Kermit the Frog elected. Many aren't aware, but when Ted Kennedy died, FOX led the charge, with all lies, and FOX actually captured that Senate seat to take the Majority.

    Stand up for women - boycott FOX!!!! If any public institution is airing FOX, voice your displeasure.
    If she isn't talking about reshaping the Democratic party, eliminating neoliberalism and advocating democratic socialism, she needs to (*)(*)(*)(*).

  2. Likes crank liked this post
  3. #172

    Default

    Meryl is a perfect actress which means she can act whenever wherever and whatever for an unhumanly high heap of money. But I don't understand the guys who seriously listens to what the professional actors tell about politics... It is much more safe to have these actors perfroming heart surgery or brain surgery, because after that only one full would be in a life danger.

  4. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Yazverg View Post
    Meryl is a perfect actress which means she can act whenever wherever and whatever for an unhumanly high heap of money. But I don't understand the guys who seriously listens to what the professional actors tell about politics... It is much more safe to have these actors perfroming heart surgery or brain surgery, because after that only one full would be in a life danger.
    Actors are just people with opinions like anyone else, and they are entitled to voice those opinions. There are people whose opinion I respect because it happens to be one which I also adopt, and there are those whose opinion I don't respect-and it doesn't matter if they're the garbage guy or a billionaire. I am, however, bright enough to see through celebrity worship-something peculiar to America, it seems. Look at the hysteria at Oscars time.
    Last edited by snakestretcher; Jan 11 2017 at 12:54 PM.

  5. #174

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by snakestretcher View Post
    Actors are just people with opinions like anyone else
    No. They are primarily people who act for money. And only then they are people with opinions.

    and they are entitled to voice those opinions
    I disagree. If a doctor in the middle of your heart surgery starts to express his political opinion would you give him the same right? I think not. But so many people are so easily convinced by their favourite actor as easy as life threatened patient! So it makes all the sense that actors do express their political opinions just like anyone else - in a voting cabin.

    There are people whose opinion I respect because it happens to be one which I also adopt
    Which is strange. Because you don't need to respect your opinion from the others. It makes sense to respect a DIFFERENT opinion. But probably I have a different logics on a different side of a globe.

    I am, however, bright enough to see through celebrity worship-something peculiar to America, it seems. Look at the hysteria at Oscars time
    Excellent! If you had immunity to plague KNOWING that millions of people around you are vulnerable to it - would you spread the plague yourself or support spreading it?!

    I tell you that all those celebrities tell their political opinions just on time when elections are around or politicans need it. I would rather believe that all the celebrities act in the ads for free and really like to consume whatever they advertise themselves than I would believe in the 'free expression of political opinion by celebrities'.
    Old Clinton got broken during the race of two horses. She was destined to win and serious people made serious bids having all the info. They even tried their best to have her rival so hated that noone in the sradium would agree if he crossed the finish line first. But she just got broken. And at the moment the serious people pressurize Trump and bargain for power. This is the only reason for 'election campaign' to continue - they haven't divided the power so far.

  6. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Yazverg View Post
    No. They are primarily people who act for money. And only then they are people with opinions.


    I disagree. If a doctor in the middle of your heart surgery starts to express his political opinion would you give him the same right? I think not. But so many people are so easily convinced by their favourite actor as easy as life threatened patient! So it makes all the sense that actors do express their political opinions just like anyone else - in a voting cabin.


    Which is strange. Because you don't need to respect your opinion from the others. It makes sense to respect a DIFFERENT opinion. But probably I have a different logics on a different side of a globe.


    Excellent! If you had immunity to plague KNOWING that millions of people around you are vulnerable to it - would you spread the plague yourself or support spreading it?!

    I tell you that all those celebrities tell their political opinions just on time when elections are around or politicans need it. I would rather believe that all the celebrities act in the ads for free and really like to consume whatever they advertise themselves than I would believe in the 'free expression of political opinion by celebrities'.
    Old Clinton got broken during the race of two horses. She was destined to win and serious people made serious bids having all the info. They even tried their best to have her rival so hated that noone in the sradium would agree if he crossed the finish line first. But she just got broken. And at the moment the serious people pressurize Trump and bargain for power. This is the only reason for 'election campaign' to continue - they haven't divided the power so far.
    Right, so I was a cytopathologist for money, and only then a person with an opinion? Acting is just a job like mine was before I retired.

  7. #176

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by snakestretcher View Post
    Right, so I was a cytopathologist for money, and only then a person with an opinion? Acting is just a job like mine was before I retired.
    Well if you are a cutopathologist wih 1 mln followers and an army of 100 000 fans just because of your stories about cells I would still say the same if around the election time you would stop cytopathology and start expressing your opinion about political situation in favour of one of the candidates and against the other. Unfortunately cytopatholgists are not likely to have that fans army as actors, singers or sport stars, which is exactly the reason why they are not on air during the polirical rumble. Unlike the actors, singers and sport stars who 'have THE SAME right for opinion'.

    The difference between the freedom of opinion and acting for money is a difference between Pharisee's prayer and publican prayer.
    Last edited by Yazverg; Jan 11 2017 at 01:30 PM.

  8. #177

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Nash View Post
    It isn't at all clear that his reaction was one of mockery, as he flails his arms about every which way when he talks. It would normally be reasonably signed off as mockery, but not if you see in the context of his usual limb gymnastics.
    Attempting to claim that he was not specifically demeaning the individual's handicap when he mocked his symptoms because he frequently demeans other individuals that upset him in the same manner is hardly a testimony to presidential behaviour.

    Even if they are incapable of offering a hint of criticism, I would hope that even the most smitten, devout Trump worshipper would not encourage their children to emulate such squalid conduct.

  9. #178

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Nash View Post
    And President.
    Indeed. That makes it so much sadder.

    The show business performer's ego is so, so fragile, a respected reporter simply confirms the general consensus, that he does not recall Trump's fantasy, and this is how Trump lashes out at him:



    Sad. Very sad.

    Yet fanatical Trumpaloons are thrown into a mindless frenzy if anyone honestly acknowledges that such conduct is sad.

    That's sad, as well.

  10. #179

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Genius View Post
    Lefties know that President Trump has used that same hand gesture while describing other people who have falsely attacked him...
    I don't know who those "lefties" are that fester in your noggin, but decent folks, regardless of their political ideology, are not afraid to admit that demeaning individuals who upset you in such a loathsome manner, whether in particular or in general as you try to claim, is acceptable conduct.

    The only significant disparity is that many conservatives would insist a spanking in in order.

  11. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Phyxius View Post
    No, you're not alone. What she said was absolutely brilliant. What so many are missing is the simple fact that this was the GOP's election to lose. The reality that they won an electoral college victory but lost the popular vote by almost three million votes should be taken as a dire warning, but they appear too stupid to see it.
    It takes some truly retarded mental gymnastics to think this way.

    trump won deal with it.

+ Reply to Thread
+ Post New Thread
Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 814151617181920 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Why is it only white people who care about immigration?
    By jones343434 in forum Political Opinions & Beliefs
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: Aug 05 2015, 06:17 PM
  2. Replies: 6
    Last Post: Mar 04 2015, 04:05 PM
  3. Why is only the Single White Male is strong enough to survive in our society?
    By SiliconMagician in forum Political Opinions & Beliefs
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: Feb 13 2014, 10:21 PM
  4. White male is once again the dufus in nasty Fed-Ex commercial
    By Blackrook in forum Political Opinions & Beliefs
    Replies: 114
    Last Post: Jan 20 2013, 03:28 PM
  5. Only in the Obama White House...
    By Smartmouthwoman in forum Current Events
    Replies: 210
    Last Post: Jun 27 2012, 10:11 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Bookmarks