Dan Rather on Obama

Discussion in 'Political Opinions & Beliefs' started by cupAsoup, Jan 11, 2017.

1. cupAsoup

cupAsoup Well-Known Member

Few people have a way with words like Dan Rather.

2. navigator2

navigator2 Banned

So good with BS and words.............that even CBS had to can him.:roflol:

3. a better world

a better world Well-Known Member

From Rather's remarks:

Obama certainly failed in the necessary 'art of reasoning'.

Why?

I believe it is important for a leader in these difficult times to explore with the people the underlying causes of a deeply partisan congress and society. Such exploration requires input from experts and is time consuming; eight years would likely not result in an agreed understanding of all the issues, but obviously the present marked political divide must be built on some egregious fallacies which should be capable of correction.

{Say a weekly TV program: an able leader would potentially outrank Oprah!) Then he might have the support to construct his policies on a solid base. As it is Obama was obstructed at almost every turn, and what little he achieved is about to be swept aside by the forces of self-interest, both at home and abroad.
    And as far as examining a completely dysfunctional financial system, Obama hardly rates at all. (And it is indeed "the economy, stupid")

But I can't imagine a conservative leader in this role, since at the base of conservatism is the notion that everyone must swim or sink on their own abilities - despite the fact that people have widely varying abilities - and that this will produce the best outcome for society. Better not let too many people understand those kinds of world views - you might threaten the status quo!

It's up to a progressive leader to explain how and why this view is inadequate.

As for Trump, I suspect the decisions will be coming down from on high, avoiding the hassle of persuasion altogether.

It's going to be an interesting ride; he might well be just unorthodox enough to double the rate of GDP growth, so keeping the uneducated content in their delusions (nearly half of whom believe in creation 6000 years ago) - without having to educate them.

4. Just A Man

Just A Man Well-Known Member

Rather also had a way with fake documents. That got him fired.

5. logical1

logical1 Well-Known Member Past Donor

Why would anyone listen to this proven liar?

6. Brewskier

Brewskier Well-Known Member

A progressive preaching to his progressive choir. Rather's words mean nothing to everyone not under the grand illusion of an affirmative action President, who was elected by many who hoped to appear virtuous in the eyes of their fellow man, and to "be a part of history". They elected someone who openly despised the country, its Founders, its founding principles, its Constitution, its laws, its traditions. They wanted someone who would "fundamentally transform" a nation, never questioning why someone would want to "fundamentally transform" something they supposedly loved. Obama was a friend of radical terrorists from the 60's. He was raised and mentored by avowed communists. He sided with violent racial front groups against the police time and time again.

No doubt his time in office and his motivations will be whitewashed by left-wing media, who have a lot of political capital invested in the success of the country's first non-white President. Obama was the result of 50+ years of their movement building, and they will make sure his legacy is sterling, no matter how much they have to ignore, rewrite, and defend. Thankfully, many people had their eyes opened to what the left represents thanks to the Presidency of Obama. Myself included. We'll continue to tell the truth about him and what he stands for.

7. ArmySoldier

ArmySoldier Well-Known Member Past Donor

Maybe he's a little more credible than Brian Williams?

[​IMG]

ButterBalls likes this.
  8. a better world

Trump (speaking during the campaign, of conditions in mainly black suburbs): "You are living in poverty, your schools are broken, 58% of your young men are in prison, your neighbourhoods are battlegrounds".

That's why they wanted to transform a broken community, especially the black community, but also the working class that has experienced minimal increases in living standards for several decades, while CEO wages have increased from 30 times to 300 times average wages since the 70's.

YES WE CAN..... but he wasn't able to. That doesn't alter the fact that fundamental change is required.

9. webrockk

webrockk Well-Known Member Past Donor

Government cannot fundamentally change dysfunctional cultures....that must come from within.

10. Nordic Democrat

Nordic Democrat Well-Known Member

Wow, such nice words for a corporate shill President.

11. ButterBalls

ButterBalls Well-Known Member

If you can be a life long Liberal and be "FIRED" by a liberal network for fabricating a story then by golly you're right! Not many can claim that sort of elitism, all hail Danny, his lies were uncanny! :clapping:

12. a better world

You admit the culture is dysfunctional. That's a start.

Now can you explain how this proposed "change from within" will or should happen, bearing in mind individuals have widely varying innate capabilities?

From my post #3:

"I can't imagine a conservative leader (leading by reason and persuasion) in this role, since at the base of conservatism is the notion that everyone must swim or sink on their own abilities - despite the fact that people have widely varying abilities - and that this will produce the best outcome for society".

It's a two way street: the community aids the development of the individual (as his needs dictate), and the individual aids the development of the community (as his abilities dictate).

13. Moi621

Moi621 Well-Known Member Past Donor

What a load.
    At some point even Dan Rather must recognize a disassociation between words and deeds.​
    Shame on Dan Rather. I use to respect him as a student of Walter Cronkite & Edward R. Morrow.

Moi :oldman:

r > g

View attachment 47137
    Across an immense, unguarded, ethereal border, Canadians, cool and unsympathetic,
    regard our America with envious eyes and slowly and surely draw their plans against us.

14. RedStater

RedStater Active Member Past Donor

Correction: ...the country's first half-white President.

I've never understood the reason why people fawn over him because of his skin color....completely ignoring the fact that he is just as much white as he is black.

The politics of race...plain and simple.

No?

15. Medieval Man

Medieval Man Well-Known Member

Dan Rather, like many of his leftist cohorts, is a stain on real journalists as they allow their ideology to form their narrative.

Unfortunately, as we can see with all the fake news emanating from so many liberal news sources, he was a harbinger of things to come...

16. cupAsoup

cupAsoup Well-Known Member

I know, you can't be bothered to read all that. Try some trump tweets. he keeps them under 140 characters for his fan base.

- - - Updated - - -

I think a lot of the late love for Obama is because we see the absolute disaster that is trump coming at us, and Obama looks positively sane by comparison.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh look, you made a rhyme. Good job.

17. Robert

Robert Well-Known Member Past Donor

Frankly, Obama leaped tall buildings to praise himself.

And when the media analyzes him, it reminds me at my old age of when Goering praised Hitler.

18. ButterBalls

ButterBalls Well-Known Member

Judging from this site the 140 character Trump tweets are more a left wing interest then a right wing thing ;)

I think most of my recent love for OBarry is the realization that he is finally going away! I will be blowing him kisses and waving and giggling like a little school girl when door hits him on the way out :roflol:

I'm talented ;)