Dixie Chicks singer: I'm ashamed Trump is president-elect every day

Discussion in 'Political Opinions & Beliefs' started by Space_Time, Jan 11, 2017.

1. Space_Time

Space_Time Well-Known Member

Is this George W Bush redux? Does it matter what they think? Will Trump attack them?

http://smokeroom.com/2017/01/10/dixie-chicks-singer-im-ashamed-trump-is-president-elect-every-day/
    DIXIE CHICKS SINGER: ‘I’M ASHAMED’ TRUMP IS PRESIDENT-ELECT EVERY DAY
    KATIE JERKOVICH | AUTHOR

Dixie Chicks singer Natalie Maines said she is “ashamed” every day that Donald Trump is the president-elect every.

On Monday, the 42-year-old singer of the all-female country band did not hold back her opinions about Trump or her views about him winning the 2016 election when she attacked him via Twitter. (RELATED: Dixie Chicks Singer Calls Country Radio ‘Hypocrites’ For Trump Support)

Dixie Chicks Donald Trump
    (Photo: Frank Micelotta/Getty Images)

“Just so you know…I’m ashamed the President elect is the President elect every single second of every single day,” Maines tweeted. (RELATED: Dixie Chicks Perform In Front Of Defaced Photo Of Donald Trump)

Follow
    Natalie Maines @1NatalieMaines
    Just so you know...I'm ashamed the President elect is the President elect every single second of every single day.
    4:25 PM - 9 Jan 2017
    10,012 10,012 Retweets 32,728 32,728 likes
    The singer did not hold back her thoughts about Trump during the election either. In June, the Dixie Chicks performed in front of a banner with a picture of Trump that had devil horns and facial hair drawn on it, while singing “Goodbye Earl,” a song about killing an abusive husband.

Sopan Deb ✔ @SopanDeb
    How the Dixie Chicks mocked Donald Trump at a concert: http://bit.ly/1WAmPtd
    9:56 PM - 4 Jun 2016
    24 24 Retweets 41 41 likes
    Back in 2003, her band was practically ostracized from country radio after the group said it was against the Iraq War and that they were “ashamed” then-President George W. Bush was from Texas.

2. doombug

doombug Well-Known Member

Wow, celebrities, sort of, chiming in on the election. That's a new one.....:roflol:

3. Just A Man

Just A Man Well-Known Member

Who cares what a chick thinks.

4. Genius

Genius Active Member

I guess their recording sales are down.

5. Steady Pie

Steady Pie Well-Known Member Past Donor

Good for her?

6. Natural Citizen

Natural Citizen Active Member

Well. It's a good thing that nobody has the right to have their feelings addressed. She can be ashamed all she wants. Doesn;t affectmy day.

What ever happened to country music anyway? I haven;t heard good country music since the 70s and early 80s. This pop country noise they have out now is horrible.

7. PARTIZAN1

PARTIZAN1 Well-Known Member

Is there anything in the Constitution that prohibits celebrities from espressining their opinions?

The beauty of our Constitution is that a Dixie Chick or Flic A Chick has the right to be wrong.

8. therooster

therooster Banned

But usually it's just the Dixie chicks, correct?

9. Jestsayin

Jestsayin Well-Known Member Past Donor

Who are the Dixie chicks?

10. RichT2705

RichT2705 Well-Known Member Past Donor

We get it, when Democrats don't win you're "ashamed". Yawn.

11. garyd

garyd Well-Known Member

I do not object to her having an opinion. I object to the notion that her's is some how of more value than that of an auto mechanic or a steam fitter merely because she has a modicum of musical talent.

12. Homer J Thompson

Homer J Thompson Banned

I'm ashamed the Dixie chicks are Americans and I couldn't be happier they are disappointed.

gc17 likes this.
  13. Texas Republican

Texas Republican Well-Known Member Past Donor

She has as much knowledge of politics as a typical janitor or cosmetologist.

14. Zorro

Zorro Well-Known Member

I guess the "Just Shut Up and Sing" message didn't penetrate?

Washed Up Old Meryl isn't the best person for a younger artist to pattern.

The outreach in this country's political divide is almost always a one-way street. We don't see the wealthy, successful denizens of the entertainment industry making a friendly gesture to someone with an opposing view. It's more standard for them to call names and launch socially stigmatizing accusations rather than engage in a good-faith exchange of ideas.

This is what award-winner Meryl Streep did on Sunday by degrading fans of the NFL and Mixed Martial Arts (MMA).

Streep delivered her controversial speech at the Golden Globes after receiving a lifetime achievement award for her acting. She expressed her concerns about President-elect Donald Trump and took a swipe at the voters who put him into office.

“Hollywood is crawling with outsiders and foreigners. If you kick ’em all out, you’ll have nothing to watch but football and mixed martial arts, which are not the arts.”

In response, Scott Coker, president of Bellator MMA, sent an open letter and invitation to Streep.
    “The global sport of mixed martial arts celebrates male and female athletes from around the world who work years tirelessly honing their craft and--yes--art,” read a portion of Coker’s letter posted to Twitter. “They come from every country and every walk of life. We at Bellator support them and honor their skill. Please be my guest at the LA Forum on January 21st and you will see that Mixed Martial Arts is truly artistic — which will feature fighters from all over the world competing at a world class level.”

No word yet on whether Streep has accepted.

https://pjmedia.com/trending/2017/01/10/mma-extends-invitation-to-meryl-streep//?singlepage=true

15. logical1

logical1 Well-Known Member Past Donor

If she claims Trump is not her president she can leave the country.

16. vino909

vino909 Well-Known Member

Maybe a week or two on Omeprazole (Nexium) would relieve their need to regurgitate. What they don't realize is that more than half the country are ashamed the Dixie Chicks are Americans.

17. Brewskier

Brewskier Well-Known Member

It's really too bad they managed to get rich before they were exposed as progressives masquerading as country music stars with a conservative fan base.

18. ArmySoldier

ArmySoldier Well-Known Member Past Donor

I remember when she said all of those nasty things about Bush. Then, Toby Keith defended Bush. Toby Keith's career exploded with success and patriotic followers. The Dixie chicks disappeared into the wind. My friends and I still laugh at that every time the Dixie Chicks are mentioned.

What a bunch of losers

19. CrankyPant

CrankyPant New Member

Posted without comment.

Ted Nugent Wants to Elect Trump and Kill Hillary Clinton, Barack Obama
    The aging rock star, who has repeatedly called for violence against both Hillary Clinton and Barack Obama, draws parallels between himself and Donald Trump.
    http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2016/09/20/ted-nugent-who-wants-obama-hillary-killed-stars-in-new-trump-ad.html

20. EggKiller

EggKiller Well-Known Member

Didn't they have to tour Europe to get a gig after that lol?
    It would seem progressives don't learn from thier own mistakes. Oh well, career scrapped part II. Buh Bye.

21. Brewskier

That's because Keith's audience is conservative. He's in line with their values. The Dixie Chicks are progressives who have managed to trick conservatives into supporting them anyway early on in their career, and when they drew their line in the sand, they found out they had very few liberals in their fan base. I just wish all conservative listeners of country music would stop supporting them.

22. ArmySoldier

HAHA yes! They did. And they trash talked Toby Keith from the safety of their European fans. That feud was so funny

- - - Updated - - -

This is their career crash part 2! They pick the wrong times to be stupid (2 republican presidents)

23. EggKiller

EggKiller Well-Known Member

Well there was an urban movement not too long ago where progressive snowflake men were growing beards and wearing plaid shirts to pretend they were lumberjacks or something.
    Maybe they can sell them clowns a dozen or two albums.

24. Brewskier

It's telling that they kept their progressive roots hidden until they were safely in the "rich and famous" category.

Before:

[​IMG]

After:

[​IMG]

25. ArmySoldier

I'm sure her and her new girlfriend Ice Pick will have a rough 4 years under Trump.