Stop the Divisive Bull(*)(*)(*)(*)!!!!

Discussion in 'Race Relations' started by MDG045, Jan 11, 2017.

1. MDG045

MDG045 Active Member

There is a wrongly acquired stereotype of the right wing side of politics in America that claims the right is racist. However, I find today the racism used in political discussions in todays USA is the left. Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. is personally an idle of mine and I find it incredibly frustrating and disheartening that the left, which is comprised of the majority of Blacks and other minorities in America, doesn't try to follow what MLK preached like I try to do. "I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin but by the content of their character". This I feel is a perfect way to end racism is to stop giving a (*)(*)(*)(*) about race. I have seen time and time again leftist make fun and be racist to whites just because they are white. Now with the recent kidnapping in Chicago we are at a point where white people can be beaten and tortured for no reason other than they are white. The hypocrisy is staggering. Now I am not saying there isn't a racist element to the right. But, the majority of racism today is not coming from the right is coming from the left. Leftist who fall into this category please stop the divisive bull(*)(*)(*)(*). You are making things worse.

2. toddwv

toddwv Well-Known Member Past Donor

Your post is nothing more than standard right-wing bull(*)(*)(*)(*).

3. Deckel

Deckel Well-Known Member Past Donor

The right's racism is more in intent and the left's in effect, or at least the democratic party part of the left.

4. rayznack

rayznack Well-Known Member

And yet, diversity correlates with racism.

The only known way of decreasing racism is decreasing diversity.

5. Eyeswideopen1989

Eyeswideopen1989 Banned

The lefts racism is more direct, more blatant, more widespread, etc. They literally embody what they perceive in others. Its unfortunate, they would otherwise be a decent party.

6. btthegreat

btthegreat Well-Known Member

This is another thread where I will be able to read each post and know immediately its authors politics, when I really should have no idea based on the topic. And the OP structured it that way.

7. Egalitarianjay02

Egalitarianjay02 Banned

Conservatives are more racist. Much more racist. In America Whites commit the majority of hate crimes and most of those hate crimes are White-on-Black.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

https://www.fbi.gov/news/stories/2015-hate-crime-statistics-released

Additional findings in Hate Crime Statistics, 2015 include the following:

• There were 5,818 single-bias incidents involving 7,121 victims. Of those victims, 59.2 percent were targeted because of a race/ethnicity/ancestry bias; 19.7 percent because of a religious bias; 17.7 percent because of a sexual orientation bias; 1.7 percent because of a gender identity bias; 1.2 percent because of a disability bias; and 0.4 percent because of a gender bias.
    • There were an additional 32 multiple-bias incidents that involved another 52 victims.
    • Of the 4,482 hate crime offenses classified as crimes against persons, intimidation accounted for 41.3 percent of those offenses, while 37.8 percent involved simple assault and 19.7 percent involved aggravated assault.
    • There were 2,338 hate crime offenses classified as crimes against property, and the majority of those (72.6 percent) were acts of destruction/damage/vandalism.
    • During 2015, most reported hate crime incidents (31.5 percent) happened in or near residences or homes.
    • Of the 5,493 known offenders, 48.4 percent were white, 24.3 percent were black or African-American, and race was unknown for 16.2 percent of the offenders. The rest were of various other races.

I am in full support of Dr. King's message about judging people by the content of their character instead of the color of their skin. I was also appalled by the hate crime committed against the young, disabled White man by Black perpetrators as I am all hate crimes. But don't try to twist this in to the left being more open towards being racist against White people. There is no war on White people by the left. These statistics show that Whites are the ones committing the most hate crimes in America and Whites conservatives are more racist than White liberals. We can also see the racist attitudes of some conservatives through examples of them expression racism such as the tea party movement, the alt-right and racist Trump supporters who were hostile and violent throughout the 2016 Presidential campaign and acted up after he got elected with violent hate crimes, vandalism and outspoken racist rhetoric. White Nationalism is also fundamentally conservative and racist. The right don't just have a racist element, they have a far bigger problem with racism.

I was really disgusted by all of the attacks on President Obama by the right. When he got elected these winguts made it their mission to demonize him as some kind of domestic enemy, pretending it wasn't about racism (it was) and then had the audacity to accuse Obama of damaging race-relations in America when throughout his presidency he tried his best to settle racial conflicts and help America prosper. Democrats have tried for years to promote egalitarian values and Republicans act like they don't want to get a long with people. That's something to think about.

Also someone will probably want to point out that the statistics show that Blacks are over represented in hate crime and Whites are underrepresented. I don't deny that Blacks have a problem with racism as well. Black racism mostly stems from resentment for White racism. White racism is primarily motivated by a belief in racial supremacy and intolerance of people viewed as different. All racism is wrong regardless of the motive. Most people today are not racist and I believe we can improve race-relations in America and all over the world but promoting tolerance and understanding rather than bigotry and hate.

Correlation does not equal causation. Areas where there is more racism may be more diverse because people develop racist beliefs about people they interact with who look different. The true way to decrease racism is to change your racist mentality.

monkrules likes this.
  8. waltky

waltky Well-Known Member

Granny says, "Dat's right - Everyone should chill about Trump's businesses
    :grandma:
    Trump's conflict-of-interest plan is good enough, for now
    January 11, 2017 | Donald Trump’s critics already hate his new plan to disengage from his real-estate company and prevent conflicts of interest while he’s president. But for most Americans, it will be good enough.

9. monkrules

monkrules Well-Known Member

I’ve been blessed, in certain ways, by being able to walk freely among people of many races and ethnicities. That being the case, I’ve made many friends (along with some enemies) within those groups. And the old saying is true: there are good and bad people in all races.

One thing that stands out, is that, usually, the members of each group have certain ways of communicating with other members of their own group -- but problems often, and sometimes quickly, arise when members of one group try to communicate with members of a different group. They are often talking about the same things, but they can sound as if they are at odds with one another.

For instance, the white guys I know are usually laid back, kind of quiet, and it can be harder to understand what they really feel about a given idea. Blacks, on the other hand, will most often let you know, immediately, what is on their mind. The more aggressive blacks will get in your face to make their point if the ‘discussion’ gets serious. Latinos can be like this, too. With these differences, it’s hard to sit down and have a detailed discussion, especially, about a hot topic like race, without the temperature rising, and resulting in some people shutting down, and others getting fired up. So the divide continues.

These same differences in communication styles are also easily seen in musicians, especially, jazz and blues players. While this is not always true, the differences hold true, the great majority of the time. When you have players of different races in a group, you can see these differences, and you can hear them, and you can feel them -- if you’ve been around the various groups of people for some time, and if you’ve gotten to know well a lot of the people in each group.

I don’t find it surprising at all that there is such a wide divide when we try to talk to each other.

And when it comes to racism, the same differences seem always to be present. In a way, I find it far easier to talk to black people, because they usually let you know exactly what they’re thinking, so it’s easier to bond quickly and get comfortable with one another. I’ve known a lot of blacks who have hostile feelings about whites, with good reason. And, usually, they don’t hide these feelings.

Whites I’ve known, are usually quieter, in most ways, but their feelings are every bit as deep and serious. But they communicate differently, usually they’re quieter and don’t get confrontational or belligerent, as easily or quickly. If they are racist, the same patterns will hold. Except online, where everyone, regardless of race, becomes a loud-mouth and wears their racism on their sleeve.

I once wanted to become a Republican, but I knew so many, and met many more, who were deeply racist. And, when they were in safe places, among all whites, or in the Republican headquarters, for instance, I was surprised by the bigotry and open racism I saw and heard. I finally went my own way and registered as an Independent.

There is racism and bigotry in all groups. It is just expressed in unique ways by the different groups. But I will add one last thing: the vast majority of people I’ve known in all of these racial/ethnic groups are great people. They’re friendly, open, warm, good folks. Somehow we miss all that when we talk about the racial problems we see, especially when hostility and violence are front and center. And on the internet, the problems and the violence is what gets our attention. Then we always seem to devolve into name calling and hating on each other. It’s a mess.

I didn’t sleep much last night, so maybe I’m burned out, and a little more thoughtful or sentimental than I would otherwise be. So, keep your freaking flames to yourselves. : )

10. micfranklin

micfranklin Banned

Several things with the OP:

1. Pretty self-righteous of the OP to just claim the left and then add in there "the majority of blacks" don't practice what MLK preached unlike they did.

2. MLK preached a WHOLE LOT of things.

3. Is there some particular fascination with quoting just the "not by the color of their skin but the content of their character" portion of his speech, while not paying attention to the rest of the speech?

4. "Stop giving a (*)(*)(*)(*) about race." Okay, easy enough for one person to do. Good luck with spreading this to 324 million Americans, however.

5. Society did not just get to a point where white people can be tortured and beaten. For one, it's not limited to just white people, and two, beating and torturing people did not just start, it just got recorded. One quick Google search can bring up every example of torture, beatings, violence, riots and civil unrest in this country and prove this didn't just start happening.