+ Reply to Thread
+ Post New Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567
Results 61 to 65 of 65

Thread: Meryl Streep and Barack Obama: Two aspiring Role Models

  1. #61

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Balto View Post
    No offense, but I've known teachers, particularly K-12, who struggle to make ends meet over the summer.
    Stay on topic.

    Both parties should be teaching kids elite status is proper status. The working class is the enslaved class, sprinting in a hamster wheel. This should be taught as soon as first grade, through pictures. Learning to think, and act like a elitist, is some of the best preparation you can teach a child going into the real world. It opens their eyes to the world of mundane lunch breaks, 8 to 5 robotic programming, and working years only to get skimpy vacation privileges over the summer, or sick days. It opens their eyes to the evils of Corporate America. Elitists are some of the best thinkers in this country. Stop frowning upon them. I laugh when I hear, "The elite are the problem with this country," when in all actuality, the elite make the most out of their time on this earth, and that thinking causes one to live out to their death bed a very unfulfilled life.
    This is insane. We need a working class people just as much as innovators (I refuse to call them elite because I respect the working class). No one's frowning on innovators. We're just criticizing your bigotry toward the working class, and I'm not one to throw that word around lightly (this may be the first time I've actually accused someone of it personally). Without the working class, none of the ideas of the innovators would ever see fruition. What do you think? They're going to mass produce it themselves? Hehehe...

    The working class are very happy, and have great respect for themselves as for their hard work making ideas reality. Maybe you've forgotten people have different values about quality of life. Much research has shown that even the superpoor around the world are among the happiest people in the world. The American Dream is whatever you want it to be for yourself.

    You won't have a party left to cling to if you keep acting this way. It was the working class who put Obama in power, and it's the working class who turned on the Democrats after 8 years attitudes like yours.
    This site tends to bring out the very worst in people.

    "We're not enemies. We just disagree... We all disagree; I think we should disagree."

  2. Likes GreenBayMatters liked this post
  3. #62
    Location: In the land of Deplorable Trump
    Posts: 2,817

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Seth Bullock View Post
    Who is "we"? Speak for yourself, thank you.

    Bush.

    We sat through 8 years of his bulls*it, now the same is with Trump.

    Just even more so.
    America is now in a period of shame. The meaning of being a American is meaningless. We experienced this same shame when Bush was elected, now we are experiencing it again. We now have to apologize to every foreigner, foreign nation, and adversary for being a American, because in reality, our country has reached a new low in intelligence.

    Shame on us.

  4. #63
    Location: In the land of Deplorable Trump
    Posts: 2,817

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GreenBayMatters View Post
    Goodness. If that's your only criteria, Hitler could be your role model. Honestly, Streep was your choice to be role model because she dissed Trump. No other reason. Support for monstrous pervert Polanski be damned.
    Yeah, no. I say Streep is a role model because she worked hard to get where she is today, not because she fed Trump his own medicine.
    America is now in a period of shame. The meaning of being a American is meaningless. We experienced this same shame when Bush was elected, now we are experiencing it again. We now have to apologize to every foreigner, foreign nation, and adversary for being a American, because in reality, our country has reached a new low in intelligence.

    Shame on us.

  5. #64
    Location: In the land of Deplorable Trump
    Posts: 2,817

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ellesdee View Post
    Stay on topic.



    This is insane. We need a working class people just as much as innovators (I refuse to call them elite because I respect the working class). No one's frowning on innovators. We're just criticizing your bigotry toward the working class, and I'm not one to throw that word around lightly (this may be the first time I've actually accused someone of it personally). Without the working class, none of the ideas of the innovators would ever see fruition. What do you think? They're going to mass produce it themselves? Hehehe...

    The working class are very happy, and have great respect for themselves as for their hard work making ideas reality. Maybe you've forgotten people have different values about quality of life. Much research has shown that even the superpoor around the world are among the happiest people in the world. The American Dream is whatever you want it to be for yourself.

    You won't have a party left to cling to if you keep acting this way. It was the working class who put Obama in power, and it's the working class who turned on the Democrats after 8 years attitudes like yours.
    There is some truth here.

    You need some people to sacrifice themselves to a life of normalcy, in order to keep the gears moving smoothly. And that sacrifice, like the sacrifice people make going into the military, should be recognized. I don't have intolerance for the working class, I simply want to see people reach their fullest potential, and more often than not, that fullest potential cannot be achieved through participation in the Rat Race. And as an educator, you should want to see people reach their fullest potential as well, and let's just call it for what it is, elitism, offers a pathway to reaching that full potential. The reason I disagree using "Innovator" as a term to replace "Elite," is because not everyone who reaches elite status is an innovator. They are not abnormalities like Mark Zuckerberg or Elon Musk, elites are simply people who have reached the status to be able to live a extraordinary life, not an ordinary life.

    The American Dream is subjective, not objective-however, I cringe when people who specialize in real estate advertise it as investing in your own American Dream. Because homes are liabilities that suck in money, but not spit that money out.
    Back on topic though.

    Bottom line is Meryl Streep should be same as a role model because she worked hard with a passion to get where she is today. She is truly a woman who has begun to break the glass ceiling.
    America is now in a period of shame. The meaning of being a American is meaningless. We experienced this same shame when Bush was elected, now we are experiencing it again. We now have to apologize to every foreigner, foreign nation, and adversary for being a American, because in reality, our country has reached a new low in intelligence.

    Shame on us.

  6. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by After Hours View Post
    Actually, you're missing the point.

    He could have bashed her personally, criticized her politics, etc. But he called her "overrated"...less than two years after calling her one of his favorite actresses. It's a contradiction, something the orange messiah does pretty much daily.
    And it's not just that, it's that he acts like a little (*)(*)(*)(*)ing kid.

    He could have said, "I'm surprised that an actress of such caliber is apparently unaware of the film editing tricks that made it look as if I was mocking someone I wasn't". I came up with that just now, off the top of my head, it takes the high road and also mentions what he could be a victim of, but no, he's like, "She's a poopoohead and has cooties", and he's the (*)(*)(*)(*)ing PRESIDENT? This is the guy who's going to be our main voice to the world? Our top DIPLOMAT fer crissake? Thanks Republicans.
    Last edited by Aleksander Ulyanov; Jan 13 2017 at 08:23 AM.
    Cheat on his taxes, cheats his wives, cheats his contractors, cheats elections, we're next.

+ Reply to Thread
+ Post New Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 1
    Last Post: Feb 25 2015, 11:32 PM
  2. Replies: 13
    Last Post: Jun 01 2014, 12:42 PM
  3. George Bush and Barack Obama ... TEAMWORK!
    By Yeshua_Lives in forum Political Opinions & Beliefs
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: Jan 18 2013, 08:39 AM
  4. Replies: 3
    Last Post: Sep 14 2012, 02:14 AM
  5. Bill Clinton and Barack Obama -- "Now C'mon, Boy, speak!"
    By Miss J in forum Elections & Campaigns
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: Sep 07 2012, 03:15 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Bookmarks