+ Reply to Thread
+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Meryl Streep and Barack Obama: Two aspiring Role Models

Default Meryl Streep and Barack Obama: Two aspiring Role Models

Both, in their respectful communities and positions, have put holes in the glass ceiling. Both have worked to rise to the status they are at today. Both from middle class or poor families who breathed only passion, and followed every breath along the way. These are the people both millennials, and the next generation should be looking up to. Much like Hillary Clinton, who worked her way up from the daughter of a small businessman to be one of the most powerful, inspiring politician, these individuals do not come from wealth, or name recognition in Hollywood. Much like Obama's inspiring farewell address last night, or Streep's noteworthy performance at the Golden Globe awards, these are the last, intimate moments to know what it means to be American. We've gone through a period before of where it was meaningless to be a American, that period was from 2000 to 2008.

But this thread isn't about the inevitable lack of value in being American for the next 4 years, its about looking up to inspiring, role models like Streep and Obama. Not to hate, or ridicule these elites, but to cherish and work to become like them. Their passion, and activism should be a inspiring jolt to all of us in these dark times, and work to become like them.
    America is now in a period of shame. The meaning of being a American is meaningless. We experienced this same shame when Bush was elected, now we are experiencing it again. We now have to apologize to every foreigner, foreign nation, and adversary for being a American, because in reality, our country has reached a new low in intelligence.

Shame on us.

Bless California, the most American state in the union.

Quote Originally Posted by Balto View Post
    But this thread isn't about the inevitable lack of value in being American for the next 4 years...
    This is only true for people who haven't gotten over the fact Hillary lost the election.
    If the anti-gun side could not argue with fallacious appeals to emotion, ignorance and/or dishonestly, they'd be silent.

Freedom, according to the left:
    Health care: the right you have no choice but to exercise in whatever way the federal government tells you it will accept. Resistance is taxable.

3. Likes ButterBalls, nra37922 liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by TOG 6 View Post
    This is only true for people who haven't gotten over the fact Hillary lost the election.
    Do you copy and paste what you like to read, or derail threads for a living?

This is about Streep and Obama. Stay on topic.
    America is now in a period of shame. The meaning of being a American is meaningless. We experienced this same shame when Bush was elected, now we are experiencing it again. We now have to apologize to every foreigner, foreign nation, and adversary for being a American, because in reality, our country has reached a new low in intelligence.

Shame on us.

Bless California, the most American state in the union.

I fully addressed the quote I cited.
    Fully.
    If the anti-gun side could not argue with fallacious appeals to emotion, ignorance and/or dishonestly, they'd be silent.

Freedom, according to the left:
    Health care: the right you have no choice but to exercise in whatever way the federal government tells you it will accept. Resistance is taxable.

This is about Streep and Obama. Stay on topic.
    Ok. Streep and Obama can ASPIRE as much as they want, BUT they will never INSPIRE. Nothing inspirational about a woman who pretends to be other people for a living and gets paid outrageously for it and a man who has divided this nation terribly and caused more harm than good...
    If you have to tell everyone how smart you are, you probably aren't.

7. Likes RedStater, ButterBalls liked this post
  8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Papastox View Post
    Ok. Streep and Obama can ASPIRE as much as they want, BUT they will never INSPIRE. Nothing inspirational about a woman who pretends to be other people for a living and gets paid outrageously for it and a man who has divided this nation terribly and caused more harm than good...
    In the OP's defense, they are both very good actors.

Obama's tissue moment really tore at my heart strings. Oh man I made myself laugh again.

9. Likes RedStater, ButterBalls liked this post
  10. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Papastox View Post
    What??? She was one of Donald Trump's favorite actresses in 2015. What happened?????

11. Default

Quote Originally Posted by After Hours View Post
    What??? She was one of Donald Trump's favorite actresses in 2015. What happened?????
    Liked movies she was in, or liked her?

12. Default

Quote Originally Posted by vman12 View Post
    Liked movies she was in, or liked her?
    I just find it interesting that she could go from being one of his favorite actresses to "overrated" in less than two years. Wait, she did badmouth the messiah, right? Can't do that. Guess she learned.
    Last edited by After Hours; Jan 11 2017 at 01:07 PM.

13. Default

If I were to run, I'd run as a Republican. They're the dumbest group of voters in the country. They believe anything on Fox News. I could lie, and they'd still eat it up. I bet my numbers would be terrific."
    - Donald Trump
    Why does your sig line have a fake quote? (Fake, as in, he never said that.)

14. Likes ButterBalls liked this post
+ Reply to Thread
+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast