Girl of Nigerian origin wins Miss Helsinki

Discussion in 'Race Relations' started by Ritter, Jan 11, 2017.

1. Ritter

Ritter Well-Known Member

Anyone of you thinking Finland was the least PC country in Scandinavia might want to think again - Recently the annual Miss Helsinki (note not Miss Finland) contest was held and 2017's winner is Sephora Ikalaba. Obviously, none of these girls are pretty in the standards of normal pageant contestors, but surely she was not really the prettiest contendor, was she?
    [​IMG]

Would you say she won because of her race?

2. rayznack

rayznack Well-Known Member

It's interesting how black privilege allows blacks to be uplifted in white majority nations at the expense of whites.

An extremely unattractive black beat more attractive white contestants.

This is why diversity hurts whites.

3. ThirdTerm

ThirdTerm Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    Former Miss Finland Ninni Laaksonen says Donald Trump sexually assaulted her.

More controversially, Miss Japan was won by an Indian woman. I think we tend to find beauty in exotic looks and the Finns may be bored with ordinary Finnish beauties. Finland and Japan are quite similar in this respect, where everyone looks the same.

[​IMG]
    Miss Japan 2015 Ariana Miyamoto faced a backlash.

4. HonestJoe

HonestJoe Well-Known Member Past Donor

Am I psychic or should I be answering “A black person was successful, it must have been because of racism”?

“Beauty” contests aren’t just about raw physical appearance. We (and that includes you) can’t possibly determine why she won without having any idea of what the judging criteria was and who made the judgement. Of course, that’s only relevant if you care about the real answer rather than a predetermined propaganda conclusion.

5. cerberus

cerberus Well-Known Member Past Donor

Political correctness, no doubt about it! [​IMG]

6. Ritter

Ritter Well-Known Member

If they wanted to go for exotic looks they could've gone for the Phillipino girl (left on the pic in OP). We also once again have to remember this was not the Miss Finland competition but a small local thingy. It is a business and they want profit. Crowing a black girl will - and have - cause big uproar and media attention to their stupid contest. Publicity=$.

No, you are not psychic. You are supposed to discuss the topic from your point of view. Nothing is rigged here except the competition. :p

I have done some research and apparently, Miss Helsinki is random garbage contest where they go more on your body than your face. There are no height/weight criterias and even plastic surgery is allowed. Lol.

Nonetheless, Sephora falls way outside the standards of normal beauty queens. I have nothing against black women it just happens to be this one is not attractive at all. Comparing her to other "Misses" from Africa, she is really ugly.

Anyways. She clearly did win because of her race. The organisers knew it would be controversial and they knew it would bring attention to their contest; interviews in tv and papers, people on forums who talk about it etc etc. Now they can be depicted as tolerant and inclusive whereas anyone saying she wasn't the prettiest one is a racist.

7. HonestJoe

HonestJoe Well-Known Member Past Donor

Sure, but the only relevant information you gave was a single picture of three women (presumably the top three with the winner in the middle, but who knows). That isn’t enough information to make an honest assessment of your accusation which is why I suspect that wasn’t what you wanted. That was the discussion from my point of view. :)

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and we still don’t know who the judges were and on what criteria they based their judgement on.

That’s perfectly possible. It’s also possible she bribed some people, that her father is a local gangster nobody wanted to (*)(*)(*)(*) off, she was sleeping with the organiser or all of the other contestants have horrible characters in person. It’s possible the organisers manufactured the result or that just one or two judges independently chose to go that way.

My point is that there is a difference between reasonable suspicion and conclusive proof of guilt.

8. Ritter

Ritter Well-Known Member

This Finn sums it up pretty well. She and I are of the exact same opinion.
    [video=youtube;uaS7dDMv2PM]https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=uaS7dDMv2PM[/video]

9. micfranklin

micfranklin Banned

Soooo.....you're whining about a black person winning.

Not a stupid thread subject at all.

10. Ritter

Ritter Well-Known Member

Whining? I am just asking if users think the nomination was ideologically based. I honestly could not care less about garbage competitions like this one, but am just curious what other people have to swy since I know people on the Internet love this type of discussions.

11. micfranklin

micfranklin Banned

I'm not a pageant watcher but I know beauty is in the eye of the beholder, as they say, and also that pageants involve a lot more than just looking pretty. Maybe they just liked her answers better.