Fake News

Discussion in 'Political Opinions & Beliefs' started by CrankyPant, Jan 11, 2017.

1. CrankyPant

CrankyPant New Member

That's now the Trumpette's excuse for anything they don't want to talk about.
    The Washington Post is fake news. So is CNN and the New York Times, and briefings from our intelligence community.
    Yet their leader elevated one of the originators of dishonest internet news to be his senior adviser, and praises the 'excellent reputation" of conspiracy nutcase Alex Jones. (Did you know that President Obama personally arranged the Sandy Hook massacre so he could take away all your guns?) All the while making up stories about sending birth certificate investigators after President Obama and seeing cheering Muslims on 9/11, and retweeting fake statistics.
    Last week we heard The Donald lie about Chicago's "record-setting" murder rate.
    Word of advice - when Trump and his Trumpettes are complaining about fake news, look for what they are trying to hide.

2. mbk734

mbk734 Well-Known Member

Politics as usual. Obama gave Fox reporters the cold shoulder all the time. It's the liberal media's turn to get shafted.

3. Gatewood

Gatewood Well-Known Member

This week the Left and the nation's intelligence community got punked by 4-chan into BELIEVING without research an accusation about Donald Trump and his people pertaining to golden showers. The Left and the CIA and et.al. KNEW that the accusations were true and then the 4-chan site proved that they had punked the intelligence agencies and the Left; the Left that was so EAGER to BELIEVE fake news that they never even bothered to ask pertinent questions before going with it as fact. So, yes, the Left and their NEWS OUTLETS are total propagandists . . . but just not very good.

4. Medieval Man

Medieval Man Well-Known Member

I agree; many of these leftist mainstream media news organizations you mention have, indeed, become very similar in their reporting to the rubbish one might hear from Alex Jones.

Perhaps it was ratings; perhaps it is left-wing ideology. But you are correct that the NY Times, Washington Post, CNN and other biased news organizations have lost their way...

5. CrankyPant

CrankyPant New Member

Real presidents aren't afraid of the press.
    Trump is.

6. RPA1

RPA1 Well-Known Member Past Donor

Real Presidents stand their ground. That's what Trump did...good for him.

7. ziggyfish

ziggyfish Active Member

I actually think the Press is afraid of Trump, to be honest. That is why they made up all those fake stories about women and twisting his words.

- - - Updated - - -

To me that means you have lost the argument.

8. CrankyPant

CrankyPant New Member

OH BS.
    Trump is the weakest excuse for a president this country has ever seen, and that includes his fear of the press.

9. RPA1

Not really...With some of these Trolls, no matter what you post they will just post garbage and flamebait, changing the subject, and generally just waste my time. If they continue to post like that I put them in my 'ignore' pile. There are plenty of folks here I disagree with and respect. I do edit their 'ignored' posts once in a while and sometimes I even re-instate them if I feel I have acted prematurely or they seem to be maturing.

10. CrankyPant

CrankyPant New Member

Actually it was John McCain who passed the golden showers story along to the FBI. And I'mm pretty sure he wasn't trying to punk anyone.

John McCain Started A Civil War Among GOP With Urine-Gate
    http://newcenturytimes.com/2017/01/11/john-mccain-started-a-civil-war-among-gop-with-urine-gate-heres-his-response/

11. RPA1

Correction...the current President is "the weakest excuse for a President this country has ever seen." BTW in the U.S. we CAPITALIZE the word President when it refers to our POTUS even if we have our panties in a wad.

12. CrankyPant

CrankyPant New Member

Over here in the real world, surveys around the world show President Obama to be very highly respected.
    And the worldwide reaction to president-elect Trump runs the gamut from mockery to horror. Except in Russia. They love him in Russia.
    Make Russia Great Again!

13. RPA1

'Surveys show?' You have GOT to be kidding...:roflol: I mean when you gotta have a 'survey' to see how popular you are....You're already in serious decline. The thing I like about Trump is he doesn't give a flip what the 'world' thinks....I like that it's refreshing. Geez...you guys are really shook up aren't you? :eekeyes: :roflol: This is soooooo much fun!

14. Steady Pie

Steady Pie Well-Known Member Past Donor

I heard of survey which showed Trump to have the most support for President of anyone.

I think it was called the 2016 US Presidential Election.

15. Wehrwolfen

Wehrwolfen Well-Known Member Past Donor

Obviously you didn't view Trump Standing tall and spanking the CNN reporter at his press meeting.... 1/11/17.

16. Just A Man

Just A Man Well-Known Member

People hate the man and he hasn't been sworn in yet :)