How was your day?

Discussion in 'Member Casual Chat' started by cerberus, Jan 12, 2017.

1. cerberus

cerberus Well-Known Member Past Donor

I popped into Marks & Spencer yesterday to buy a few belts – well they don’t last forever do they! On the racks were about fifty thousand of them from anorexic to morbidly obese but not one 34”-36”. I asked the assistant why there wasn’t even one of what I’d guess is the most in-demand size of all. Yours truly expected her to say ‘Well it’s the most popular size of all so we’ve sold out.’, but not a bit of it, she said they ‘don't stock that particular size’. I entreated, ‘Can you get me six of them on special order then?’ ‘I’m afraid not,' she rejoined, 'look, why don’t you buy the 38”-40” and just snip off the excess?’ Quoth I, ‘Yes, I thought of that ( :roll: ) but I was rather hoping you would give me a logical explanation as to why what I’d have thought was the most regular size off all apparently isn’t even manufactured?’ To cut a long story short, I bought them from Ebay! Stop the bloody world, I wanna get off!! :blankstare:

2. Johnny Brady

Johnny Brady New Member

Oh just great, I set the shoplifting alarms off in WH Smith!
    It's happened before and every time I'm not guilty but it's embarrassing having to empty my small rucksack to prove it.
    Apparently some items I'd bought from other shops hadn't had their electronic tags properly deactivated!

3. cerberus

How embarrassing! With all the customers gawping I'll bet you wished the ground would open up and swallow you didn'cha JB?

4. Johnny Brady

Johnny Brady New Member

Not really because I secretly like being the centre of attention..:)
    PS- I dropped WHS head office a complaint in the hope they'd send me a voucher as compensation, but the cheapskates didn't, huh!
    Here's my email and their reply-

To: WHS Customer Relations-
    Hi,
    I'm fed up with the shoplifter alarm sometimes going off when I try to leave your store in New George St Plymouth even though I haven't pinched anything.
    Your staff ask me to empty my bag and then apologise when no stolen items are found but it's very embarrassing in front of everybody.
    Obviously your alarm system must be malfunctioning in some way.
    Yours red-facedly
    Mick, Plymouth.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear Mick
    Thank you for your email. I'm sorry to hear that your visits to our Plymouth store are sometimes spoiled by the security alarms triggering.
    By copy of this email, I will ask our Store Manager to check the alarm system is working correctly so that any system issues can be dealt with immediately.
    I am very sorry for any embarrassment caused but I do appreciate the time you've taken to write us. I hope that your next visit to our store will be a more enjoyable one and if I can help you at all in the future, please do let me know.
    Kind regards
    Caroline Morse
    Customer Service Coordinator

5. cerberus

You should have mailed back with 'Never mind all the blandishments, how about some compensation?' :mrgreen:

6. Johnny Brady

Johnny Brady New Member

Maybe the next time I complain I'll lay it on thicker and say something like I had a heart attack when the alarm went off blah blah..:)

7. ArmySoldier

ArmySoldier Well-Known Member Past Donor

You ever walk into a store and not buy anything? Then when you're walking out, you for some reason feel guilty and hope they don't think you're a shoplifter? Happens to me all the time

8. Nightmare515

Nightmare515 Ragin' Cajun Staff Member Past Donor

lmao Hell yeah that happens to me all the time. Especially in smaller stores like gas stations where the clerk can see you the entire time. I'll walk in there and not see what i want then leave and since I feel weird I always make eye contact with the clerk who is staring at me which makes me look even more guilty. Especially since I don't "shop" I tend to just quickly walk right to where I need to go then walk quickly out after paying. So walking quickly out of a store while locking eyes with the clerk after not buying anything makes me look guilty as hell lol.

9. ArmySoldier

ArmySoldier Well-Known Member Past Donor

Yea I hate that feeling. I was in CVS looking to see if they had this pre workout stuff. Looked around for 15 minutes and started to walk out. Their loss prevention employee was staring me down. Could see him through their horribly installed "one sided" mirror