It Is Unfortunate.

Discussion in 'Member Casual Chat' started by tecoyah, Jan 12, 2017.

1. tecoyah

tecoyah Well-Known Member Past Donor

It would seem the problems in our citizenry that are ripping apart the unified nature of being an American have become extreme in this forum. This has manifested as immediate and brutal degradation of anyone who does not ignore the faults found in our President elect or god forbid has the audacity to attempt discussing them. It is very disconcerting to see members I respected become pissy little children and thus is my motivation to contribute fading daily.

Likely this commentary will fall prey to exactly what I refer to.:wall:

2. ArmySoldier

ArmySoldier Well-Known Member Past Donor

Our country divided around 2012. Welcome to the party, pal

3. HereWeGoAgain

HereWeGoAgain Banned

It isn't just about divided politics. This place is like a Jr High School.

Joking around is fine but the posts and responses in politics are ridiculous about 70-90% of the time, depending on the day.

I hope a lot of people here are teenagers.

4. Gatewood

Gatewood Well-Known Member

You mean sort of like eight years worth of fanatical Obama supporters calling anyone and everyone not actively worshiping Barack Obama a racist? That sort of an, "immediate and brutal degradation of anyone who does not ignore the faults found in our President or god forbid has the audacity to attempt discussing them."? Yes, that IS . . . rotten.

5. AmericanNationalist

AmericanNationalist Well-Known Member

Let me see if I could go on the high road: I could say that it took two sides to blame, and if I take that side, it suggests that we both need to make up in order to start loving each other and loving this country again. I think both sides recognize at least this basic truth. But here's the harder question: Who bites first?

If it's like teenagers, then we can compare it to a young couple dating and having its first argument. Neither side wants to break it up, but neither side wants to take responsibility. Furthermore, the side that takes 'responsibility' will be seen as the political lesser and thus lose influence in the country. That's how polarizing it is.

I think the best and only way, is if both sides take responsibility for what they've done. I'll take responsibility and say that we overly criticized President Obama. We turned our dislike of his political decisions, into a more personal level then it should have been. We didn't give the country or the President the opportunity he rightfully deserved.

But I think the Left(or rather, at least the Left Media) should take responsibility for the insensitive comments we'd seen. Whether it was the FBI suicide plane, whether it was Towns Square, or the Boston Marathon. Everywhere the Left looked for "Lone-wolf white extremists", which would later become "white privilege" or "angry white men", or "uneducated voters".

Even as the SAME party pointed out higher tuition costs, which by nature will hold people of ALL races in this country outside of Academia. Race relations "had gotten worse" because Whites were indiscriminately targeted, not unlike how the Nazis scapegoated the Jews for all of Germany's problems. And this isn't a Godwin, I'm not referring to the man himself. I'm referring to Germany's politics in the mid-20's. It's entirely symbolic to our politics today.

The moment the Left can show us a REAL, actual multiculturalism that doesn't revolve insulting around 40-45% of the electorate, they may in fact regain the advantages they got in 2009. That left coalition didn't disappear, the left broke it up.

6. cerberus

cerberus Well-Known Member Past Donor

As I said on another thread, America is a liberal country - about 80% I'd guess - so what do you expect? [​IMG] It's why I was so flabbergasted when The Donald won.

7. Robert

Robert Well-Known Member Past Donor

Everytime we tried to talk about the lousy politics of Obama, we got told off that we did it because we are racists.

I should be shocked the Democrats are crying, but expected this very thing to take place.

8. Robert

Only a few states can be labeled as liberal.

They use the term liberal when they mean Democrats. Supposedly by claiming to be liberal, it means Democrats are all for freedom

But they are not for freedom.

They want more and more of what we earn. And how can that be liberal?

Check out my state, while services suck, this state's liberals have raised our taxes sky high and this year they go higher yet.

You want to find out about high crimes?

Go to where liberals are. They are havens of high crime rates.

9. Robert

Had we gone into full blown hysteria as the Democrats have, we might have earned being called racists.

My god. Hollywood totally backed Obama but day by day like children, they refuse to be part of the inauguration.

We never did that to Obama. How many more racists slurs must we endure against Trump?

John Lewis gets all racist and the media blames Trump for what Lewis says. I am stunned.

10. tecoyah

tecoyah Well-Known Member Past Donor

I was unaware this was occurring.....must need more coffee.

11. Gatewood

Gatewood Well-Known Member

That or simply have paid attention to what was happening for the last eight years. Holy crud!

12. PrincipleInvestment

PrincipleInvestment Well-Known Member

I try to limit my thoughts, observations, and remarks to those events / topics that are the substance of the thread. Only when a poster questions my intelligence, my knowledgeability, or my humanity, do I feel it necessary to opine my judgement of an individuals character. Some threads are clearly created to elicit incendiary rebuttals, and one can either oblige, or decline to participate. Mutual respect is the foundation of thoughtfull debate

13. atheiststories

atheiststories Active Member

I can't remember what Thomas Penn said about Benjamin Franklin, but it was pretty awful. And he printed it in a pamphlet. That's like broadcasting on cable news.

14. Maindawg

Maindawg Account closed at members request

America died November 23 1963. This board ,like all message boards has been invaded by right wing trolls who are interested in disrupting and kind of conversation. They will use common propaganda tactics like gas lighting where they deny reality.reality like the fact president Obama is very popular. facts like the 72 months of economic and job growth the most since WW2.
    They will use the term liberal as a weapon . A common propaganda tool used by the right wing hate machine that never sleeps. They are here. They need to be rooted out. They are more dangerous than you know. America has always been contentious always been agressive .But the non stop right wing hate machine has gained momentum. Millions of people are now victims
    I fear it's gone too far.

monkrules likes this.