"Russia": Anger at move to soften domestic violence law

Discussion in 'Russia & Eastern Europe' started by litwin, Jan 12, 2017.

1. litwin

litwin Well-Known Member

so Muscovy moves back to its Mongolian roots , a terrible news for many poor children but great one one for their alcoholic fathers ...what kind of "woman" this MP Mizulina? what else can Muscovy reintroduce, GULAG , slavery ?

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-38595993

2. vis

vis Well-Known Member

Of course, people should not be jailed and labelled criminal for slapping sometimes their kids. This law is much more human one then the ones that exist in Finland, where the parents can be easily deprived of their children only for being strick to their kids. Accoding to Finnish laws it is better that a kid is brought up by some strangers and not by his own parents. Stone age.
    http://greatest.info/new-juvenile-s...-of-petrozavodsk-has-deprived-three-children/

3. zoom_copter66

zoom_copter66 Well-Known Member

Something in that mongol gene pool of Muscovites that make them heavy drinkers and wife abusing alcoholics...

4. litwin

litwin Well-Known Member

Of cos you don't mind to be beaten . Or delver it to 2 year old boy. And of cos I am against it

5. ThirdTerm

ThirdTerm Well-Known Member

Hitting a wife for the first time and causing minor injuries would be decriminalised and the offender would not be prosecuted as long as her injuries are not serious. Repeat offenders would be jailed, according to Russian news outlets, which would prevent domestic violence against women. However, the new bill would preserve criminal liability for assaults against children, pregnant women, and persons who are in a helpless state, making sure that children would be protected. These crucial details are missing from the BBC report.

6. SvenO100

SvenO100 Member

Hitting your wife, child or pet is completely unacceptable. I can not seem to find the exact details of the bill that has passed and I would like to see if you are able to provide me a link with more detailed information, I want to see the exact changes that are being made before giving my final judgement. For the moment I am very dissapointed in Russia.