Are you enrolled in the ACA?

Discussion in 'Opinion POLLS' started by tecoyah, Jan 13, 2017.

?

What will you do after the ACA goes away?

1. I'm not enrolled.

64.3%
  2. I'm enrolled and healthy.

14.3%
  3. I'm enrolled and not healthy.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. I'm not worried.

14.3%
  5. I'm worried.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. I'm likely going to be fine.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. I'm probably going to die.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. ..other...I'll explain.

14.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. tecoyah

tecoyah Well-Known Member Past Donor

And if so...what are you going to do?

2. Hard-Driver

Hard-Driver Well-Known Member Past Donor

Not at the moment. At some point I plan to retire before 65, and before medicare. So I will need to purchase insurance without having a work provided plan, and being able to purchase through the ACA exchanges provides what I will need one day.

3. AlpinLuke

AlpinLuke Well-Known Member

I'm enrolled in NZ Aka ...

Being Italian I confess my proverbial ignorance: what's "ACA"?

4. Ole Ole

Ole Ole Banned

#1 What did that meant???

5. Ole Ole

Ole Ole Banned

I am only liked hard rock musicians + little trance. Not rap musicians they smell black crap. :gop:

6. tecoyah

The Affordable Care Act (Obamacare) is the healthcare program instituted in the United States to attempt price control, allow for millions to gain insurance, and eliminate many of the issues that prevented citizens from accessing healthcare.

7. Ole Ole

Ole Ole Banned

Healthcare is any with Trump. What is "Healthcare" in another thing, some evil for progressives??? I meant you can explinate to me threat man???

8. tecoyah

English is helpful when communicating on this forum.

knowing elbows seventeen documents white ordinary talcum service, telling dog even colder exhaust to second reclining toddlers.

9. Nordic Democrat

Nordic Democrat Well-Known Member

I was enrolled in 2014. The ACA helped me afford a better plan, but the issue I have with it is this..the tiered plans. Bronze plans are absolutely worthless, small premiums with HUGE co pays if you get sick. Gold plans a little better but much less affordable. The "affordable" in ACA is a joke, because I still dealt with an insurance company, Blue Shield. The regulations were so weak that after a year, CA insurance companies (Kaiser, Blue Shield) dropped these plans, as they were not forced to keep them by law. The ACA really screwed up my taxes, because nearly ALL the subsidy I received, was ultimately paid back. Didn't make much difference in price for me.

I switched careers and lost my job so I got COBRA in fall 2016. From SEPT-DEC, I paid $1724.36 to keep the insurance I had. I am lucky to be healthy, so I didn't go to the doctor ONCE, yet the insurance companies still collected their money. I paid all that JUST IN CASE an emergency, or else I would have gone bankrupt, or bankrupted my family if taken to the ER and admitted to a hospital.

The ACA didn't help much, and private insurance is a damn nightmare. Stop the madness, and allow me to enroll in Medicare, along with everyone else in the country. No mandate to buy, only pay if you get sick, and medicare will bargain to lower drug prices. It really is SO simple.

The party/President to implement Medicare for all will be elected for the next 30 years, as were the D's after Roosevelt. Republicans, you're chance is now....take it or lose everything as D's did in 4-8 years.

10. JakeJ

JakeJ Well-Known Member Past Donor

:roll: Bigots and xenophobes make fun of people for which English is a second language they don't know well.

11. tecoyah

Actually....people who participate in internet forums designated to use a particular language tend to indicate dissatisfaction when this request is ignored and when comprehension of discussion is impossible due to lacking ability in language it must be addressed.

12. JakeJ

That's not what you did. You mocked him.

I had no problem understanding what he was trying to communicate, which is the sole purpose of communication.

13. tecoyah

Please then decipher it for me:
    My "Mocking" was meant to be funny for people who have a sense of humor.

14. Ole Ole

Ole Ole Banned

No. Humor world exists. Very Racial ideology AND that you must accept when humor don't exist for many people. They think women is more humor but I never has a women in my life. Only cooked lunch and very small percentage more of my personnal in my house. Women except them large thing between their legs. I have smaller than medium hard rock. :angel:

15. tecoyah

I seriously do not understand you...the best I could figure is I am not funny and you have issues with females because of your penis size.

16. Maindawg

Maindawg Account closed at members request

I have united healthcare. I am older , in good health I take a mild statin . Without the statin I would likely suffer a heart attack eventually. It's just in my DNA. I work out ,eat right drink beer smoke weed ,pretty much healthy lifestyle. I work a little bit ,play guitar a little bit and walk every day.
    Before Obama care , I went to the clinic I go now to but you pay on a sliding scale. Not much difference.If you don't have insurance when you go to the hospital you ask for an H cap form.
    Before that I had medical mutual. Life was easy ,I had a wife , she was pretty but she was always mad at me. I still don't know why .
    I can talk about the time when I used to think I could just pay for my doctor visit with money. Silly me.

17. JakeJ

He disagrees with you, you are trying to be persuasive by making threats, and the word healthcare has become a false mantra of progressives.

18. AlpinLuke

AlpinLuke Well-Known Member

This point is interesting. I've always considered the "Obamacare" an oddity, a curious hybrid. It's not general and public and it's not selective [because of market rules] and private. What's it?

A well different matter is the "Medicare". As for I have understood the US Medicare is similar in its core to the Italian national sanitary assistance. We use an English word: "Welfare", since it's wider than US Medicare.

Anyway, workers and employers contribute to the assets of the Medicare, but the difference with the Italian Medicare [let's focus the attention on this sector of welfare] is that all Italian citizens [children included] can access hospital cures, get medicines, have a family doctor, have home assistance, call an ambulance ... all substantially free [there are some cases when we have to pay a little fee, called "ticket"].

Now, the level of sanitary assistance is good, if someone in Italy wants an excellent sanitary assistance there are the private structures [and also sanitary insurances] which of course are well expensive.

The Italian system has got some problems [the people tend to rely too much on the public Medicare generating increasing sanitary expenses for the government, corruption is present, bribery about public works to build hospitals is present ...], but it has ensured a global sanitary assistance to all. And also the presence of many not huge hospital in provincial areas. And those hospitals can do almost all [this is due to the political convenience, just to say, to spend money for a remarkable hospital in a town like this with only 36,000 inhabitants].

Personally I would enlarge the private sector in my country [to contain the problems I've mentioned above].

Regarding the United States, sure the Obamacare is not a lasting proper solution. The previous system worked in some way, I think it needs a pondered reform to become more functional.

19. Ole Ole

Ole Ole Banned

Medium penis size in Sweden are 16,3 and I have 6.

20. Greataxe

Greataxe Well-Known Member Past Donor

The ACA is a tax. It is also a power grab by US Leftists. It has mainly given free healthcare (Medicaid) to buy votes, and ensure dependency from the underclass.

21. Pollycy

Pollycy Well-Known Member

I provided for my own healthcare all my adult life. Now, I'm required by the Federal Government to enroll in Medicare, so I've just recently done that. If I had my way, the damned government would stay completely the hell OUT of anything having to do with people's health care/medical insurance. It's NONE of the damned government's business OR responsibility.

But, I don't rule the world. If I did, it wouldn't necessarily be a better world, but it would damn sure be a DIFFERENT one.... Much different.... :deadhorse:

22. Ole Ole

Ole Ole Banned

That are bad name on progressive Left. :weed: :beer: :beer: