Easier engineering.

Discussion in 'Science' started by Brett Nortje, Jan 14, 2017.

1. Brett Nortje

Brett Nortje Well-Known Member

Previously, i have cut through various engineering formulas to find the easiest way to calculate the angles needed for the gear or joints, and, the maths behind the pressure handling of these 'systems.' we must remember, after all, engineering is about creating ways to make labor easier for ourselves, of course. now i want to approach engineering from a theoretical point of view, maybe with some formulas included to illustrate how these sums can actually help us find out how to graft instruments and gears and so forth to make our lives easier.

So, if you have a sum, what does it mean? calculus is about creating cross sections where you have a circle, which represents the nuts and other things you will be working with to make the workings of the machine, the turning of the various parts, into a slick machine, a machine that will carry out these tasks for a long time, as quickly and cheaply and simply as possible, of course. these circles will show how long, in actual centimeters, or meters, the rivets need to be in to turn the wheels, so, that is what calculus is about, and you cannot do engineering without knowing these 'sums,' as they are the only way to take a measurement, work out what it needs to be, or, could be, maybe - if you are researching a new type of joint - and then applying it to a set of measurements where we can realize these goals.

Trigonometry is about triangles i think, which works like the circles or calculus, in the cross section, but these work with the actual inclusion of rivets and hinges and all that stuff you find on the circles to make them fit together. of course, sometimes there are things that are square or oblong that would also fit under trigonometry.

So, there is the basic justification of what engineering is about. if you find these formulas problematic, ask someone to teach you with what i just described and you will find it much easier.

2. Brett Nortje

While a lot of engineering is content, with the stresses of materials and how much load they can bear, which can always be fixed by making the load bearing structures bigger compared to the load inducing or parts that stress these 'circles' and so forth out - like building a brick house with bigger foundations, to make sure the house will stand, as the walls stress out the foundations? - there are certain theories and sums to learn too. i will now cover the fluid dynamics of engineering, where you take the things you are working with, assign them to the symbols of the sum, and work it out to find your values, of course.

Let's first look at the navier stokes equation? this is where you want to find the flow velocity vector, , or 'speed of the fluid traveling.' this is one weird formula, where you have quadratics and other funny looking things from the nightmares of a k.g.b. spy that had too much borsch. anyways, you need to find how much pressure a volume of liquid will place on the casing of the tubes that transport it, yes? this means you need to take the weight of the tubes, and divide it by 360 degrees. this is how much each degree can handle, as, each 'speck of weight' will displace an equal amount of it's value to the degree of pressure placed upon it. this means that a 40 kilogram tube divided by it's length and 360 degrees, will give you 'stress bearing to the area of the query.' if what i am saying is wrong here or there, it will be easy to work this out with this new way of looking at things, of course. i apologize if i have not taken enough factors into account, or, have taken too many, but this is the easier way to do things, and that other formula should be scrapped.

The way i would explain it is that if mass can displace mass, it is given 'a weight measurement.' this mass will displace less mass, and the fluids need to be weighed too. if the pressure of the water plus the weight of the fluid is less than the weight per length per degree of the 'tube,' it can handle it.

3. Brett Nortje

As with the steam powered combustion engine, there is also a electric engine. this would be where the actual friction becomes heat becomes power directly, but how? how can heat become electricity and turn things as if it were a steam engine?

If we were to observe the way a steam engine works, that is easy to understand, but making electricity... what the heck? if we were to observe that electricity actually only 'turns or affects things' because of the electricity turning things on or off. but, how does it turn things on and off?

Maybe we could better understand 'the turning of the joints' by seeing heat energy push, as if a 'charge,' from the 'friction,' we could see the parts getting pushed by the heat, or 'the heat potential' pushing through the devices, allowing charge to certain things and not others, of course.

If we were to take another look, as i still don't understand and maybe you don't either, if this is the first you have had about this sort of thing, we could say the heat travels along a conductor, and, then charges devices or circuits with the energy. there we go, got it now, how about you?

4. tecoyah

tecoyah Well-Known Member Past Donor

This is completely inaccurate and presents a fundamental lack of understanding. In fact heat is a byproduct of electric technology that is considered a detriment to be eliminated.

5. Brett Nortje

Do you have time to tell me briefly how it works then? if friction leading to heat is not the fundamental force, what is?

6. tecoyah

tecoyah Well-Known Member Past Donor

10 seconds and here it is:
    "An electric motor is an electrical machine that converts electrical energy into mechanical energy. The reverse of this is the conversion of mechanical energy into electrical energy and is done by an electric generator.
    In normal motoring mode, most electric motors operate through the interaction between an electric motor's magnetic field and winding currents to generate force within the motor. In certain applications, such as in the transportation industry with traction motors, electric motors can operate in both motoring and generating or braking modes to also produce electrical energy from mechanical energy."
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electric_motor

You may want to take a minute and research things before starting your next "interesting" thread.

7. Brett Nortje

Well, i can guarantee you i am not wrong about the combustion engine, that much i know.

As for the electric engine, i forgot it uses magnetism. do you know where magnetism comes from? it is from heat, converting into electricity. this would be where the heat is pushed into - if i remember correctly? - a metal that is a good conductor, to give off 'electromagnetic' energy. forgive me a second, friction leads to heat leads to 'thermal energy' leads to thermoelectric energy, and, if you touched a toaster, you would get a shock sometimes. this reminds me of static from rubbing your hands together - friction, yes? this means electricity is generated when heat is applied to a 'non metal.' well, flesh is not metallic...

8. tharock220

tharock220 Well-Known Member

The force you would be looking for is electromagnetism. Heat is caused by resistance in the electrical circuits in the motor.

9. One Mind

One Mind Well-Known Member Past Donor

Sometimes the by product is the desired end result, as in an electric heater or a stove. But Brett lost me with his comment on an electric engine. He seems to think the energy produced by an electric motor originates with the heat from the friction. Or perhaps he just wasn't clear in his expression?