The Scheme to Take Down Trump

Discussion in 'Political Opinions & Beliefs' started by Horhey, Jan 14, 2017.

1. Horhey

Horhey Well-Known Member

[video=youtube_share;ge_DuOy-CUM]https://youtu.be/ge_DuOy-CUM[/video]​

Presidents are like CEOs. They're expected to do their job or they're out. The foreign policy establishment expects Trump to continued what Obama started. They want to "neutralize" Russia and China as potential competitors and integrate the rest of the world into the "Free Trade" system.

2. Merwen

Merwen Well-Known Member

I like his conclusion:

"Trump is a rightwing blowhard whose absurd babblings about Saudi Arabia, Iran and Yemen reveal a man who is dangerously ignorant about how the world works. But he has managed to seize on one or two semi-good ideas over the years. One is that Obama administration’s confrontational policies toward Russia are a recipe for disaster, while another is that toppling Syria’s Bashar al-Assad with Al Qaeda and ISIS still up and about will only hasten their march on Damascus.

Both views are perfectly sensible. But because Washington’s endlessly bellicose foreign-policy establishment is wedded to the opposite, it sees them as high treason.

This is very serious. U.S. foreign policy has been marked by a high degree of continuity since World War II as Republican and Democratic presidents alike pledged to uphold the imperial agenda. But Trump, as radical in his way as William Jennings Bryan was in 1896 or Henry A. Wallace in 1948, is bucking the consensus to an unprecedented degree.

Even though its policies have led to disaster after disaster, the foreign-policy establishment is aghast. Consequently, it is frantically searching for a way to prevent him from carrying his ideas out. The intelligence agencies appear to be running out of time with the inauguration only a few days away. But that doesn’t mean they’re giving up. All it means, rather, is that they’ll go deeper underground. Trump may enter the White House on Jan. 20. But the big question is how long he’ll remain."

We got him in; now it's the job of every patriotic American to keep him there.

3. LoveRope

LoveRope New Member

It's pointless, I don't like Trump but he's president, we have to accept it

4. Texas Republican

Texas Republican Well-Known Member Past Donor

Trump is a breath of fresh air. He'll be fine. The people want him to shake up the liberal establishment that is entrenched in Washington.

5. Horhey

Horhey Well-Known Member

The problem is far beyond this. The Republican establishment agrees with Clinton & Co on most issues, including going to war with Russia. They will "fire" Trump if he doesn't cooperate. By impeachment or something more outragious. And the media will make sure they get away with it.

6. Conviction

Conviction Well-Known Member

We should of dismantled NATO long ago. Yet again an example of America over-posturing.

If we can find common opponents in terrorism I don't see why we can't have a mutually beneficial relationship.

7. Texas Republican

Texas Republican Well-Known Member Past Donor

I doubt Trump will launch nukes on Russia.

8. An Old Guy

An Old Guy Well-Known Member

The British bookies have the odds of Trump resigning or being successfully impeached before the end of this term at even up, 50/50. I haven't checked but it's got to be a new record......:wink:

9. way2convey

way2convey Well-Known Member

I agree. I have no doubt the whole Russian's hacked the election = Trump's illegitimate meme was created & purposed as a groundwork for future impeachment charges. And, because the allegations & so called "conclusions" are emanating from "classified" information, we the people will only hear what's leaked or information the intelligence community collectively decide to release...which naturally will support whatever "conclusions" they publicly espouse.
    Trump will be facing-off with some very powerful forces when he enters the WH and I firmly believe the entire framework surrounding Russian hacking is meant as a warning they're sending him.

10. TrackerSam

TrackerSam Well-Known Member Past Donor

The polls show it's Hillary in a landslide.