A Mosque in the Seattle area was burned to the ground

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by Space_Time, Jan 14, 2017.

1. Space_Time

Space_Time Well-Known Member

Vandalism is never the right thing to do regardless of how anyone fells about an issue. Is this really Islamophobia? Or is this another hoax?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry...ned-to-the-ground_us_587a6b5ae4b094e1aa9dc6a8

A Mosque in the Seattle area was burned to the ground.
    01/14/2017 02:59 pm ET | Updated 1 hour ago

PHOTO FROM LAUNCHGOOD CAMPAIGN SITE.
    This is a photo showing the aftermath of the arson that destroyed ICOE early in the morning of January 14, 2017.
    Joseph Shoji Lachman

Freelance writer, editor, and translator
    This post is hosted on the Huffington Post’s Contributor platform. Contributors control their own work and post freely to our site. If you need to flag this entry as abusive, send us an email.
    At 2 AM on January 14, 2017, the Islamic Center of Eastside in Bellevue, Washington was burned to the ground in what appears to be an act of domestic terrorism and act of cowardly Islamophobia. The suspect’s motive is not yet entirely clear, but regardless of motive, the fire completely gutted the ICOE.

The mosque has been subject to numerous acts of vandalism over the past six months, finally culminating with this arson. To reiterate, this appears to be an act of domestic terrorism committed against peaceful American Muslims attempting to freely practice their religion, a right guaranteed to them under our Constitution.

While Seattle does have a reputation as a progressive, open-minded city, it is not immune to the wave of Islamophobia seen throughout much of the nation and the rest of the world in recent years. In December, the Muslim Association of Puget Sound sign was destroyed again after being rebuilt with support from the community. The Redmond Police say that this domestic terrorism was committed by a young adult white male, tall and thin, wearing dark clothing, but as of now no suspect has been apprehended.

PHOTO BY REDMOND POLICE DEPARTMENT VIA FACEBOOK
    The sign at MAPS was destroyed a second time after being rebuilt.
    Video of the fire in the early morning was captured, and posted to Twitter, as seen below.

Follow
    John Danielson [MENTION=117]bronze[/MENTION]fireJohn
    @komonews east belluve mosk
    4:05 AM - 14 Jan 2017
    6 6 Retweets likes
    Don’t let hate win. Join in solidarity marches. Visit a local mosque and get to know local leaders in the Muslim American community. Report hate crimes if you see them. Be an ally even in small ways on a regular basis. We also need to signal to law enforcement that they must take these threats seriously. Even in a city with as liberal a reputation as Seattle, people of Middle Eastern descent fear for their lives simply because of their appearance and religion. I say people of Middle Eastern descent, because many people in the Middle Easter American community, such as Sikhs, are also victims of hate crimes stemming from the same prejudice and bigotry, and we must fight to protect all of them, or no one is safe.

Please consider donating to help rebuild the Islamic Center of Eastside, a registered nonprofit. You can donate here: Rebuild the Islamic Center of Eastside

In general, you can also help defend the civil rights of Muslims in the U.S. by supporting the Council on American Islamic Relations, a national network of nonprofit organizations that are dedicated to providing free legal services to Muslims in the US who have suffered some kind of discrimination, whether it is at work, at school, or on the street, or anywhere else. CAIR has local offices in major cities, including Seattle, where I am in charge of conducting donor relations. We are a part of the largest organization in the U.S. dedicated to protecting the civil rights of people in the Middle Eastern American community, and we will continue to do so no matter what happens. 2015 and 2016 have seen a dramatic rise in hate crimes reported to our Seattle office, and throughout the country. CAIR-WA and other chapters of the organization help educate community members by teaching them their legal rights and how to report hate crimes, arrange for speakers to improve community relations and conduct educational outreach, and provide legal services free of charge to those who have nowhere else to turn.

Please refer to the CAIR national website and local chapter websites for resources on how to be an ally and friend to the Muslim community in the U.S.

I will update this post when more information becomes available.

2. Steve N

Steve N Well-Known Member Past Donor

The police have arrested a person they suspect was behind the fire. No name or pictures of the person have been released.

3. zbr6

zbr6 Banned

In typical Leftist fake news fashion Huff-N-Cuck has already told you that it is "Islamophobia".

Never mind the fact there is literally not one piece of evidence.

But then to these Leftists the facts couldn't matter one damn bit.

You can see the real point of this article: "join marches" "protest" and of course "donate donate donate".

And I love how Huff-N-Puff-N-Puke-N-Cuck isn't afraid to use the phrase "domestic terrorist" when zero information about the act has even been discovered yet when their rabid BLM buddies go around executing cops they .../sigh ...I'm not even going to bother finishing the sentence we all know damned well what Leftists are.

4. trucker

trucker Well-Known Member Past Donor

isnt well plan he waited around for the cops to showup why not no bike or car to escape:confusion:
    http://www.seattletimes.com/seattle-news/crime/bellevue-mosque-damaged-in-suspected-arson-fire/

5. lemmiwinx

lemmiwinx Well-Known Member Past Donor

Seattle is a well known hotbed of anti-Muslim bias. Obama should send in the National Guard to make sure this kind of thing doesn't spread down the coast to Oregon and California.

6. trucker

7. trucker

8. lemmiwinx

lemmiwinx Well-Known Member Past Donor

9. notme

notme Well-Known Member

Typical right wing behavior to deny reality when it doesn't serve their agenda.

http://q13fox.com/2017/01/14/man-arrested-after-overnight-fire-at-bellevue-mosque/
    ^^
    Bellevue police department press conference about the arson

10. trucker

11. nra37922

nra37922 Well-Known Member

Anyone make any Smores?

12. ararmer1919

ararmer1919 Banned

13. Deno

Deno Well-Known Member

This will be a beautiful thing to behold...

America has been saved....

14. doombug

doombug Well-Known Member

Do not use the word Mosque. You will only make it worse right? Isn't that why libs won't say Radical Islamic Terrorism?

15. Steve N

Steve N Well-Known Member Past Donor

Yeah, I saw that but didn't comment because I was using a phone. It's odd how Fort Hood wasn't domestic terrorism or any other kind of terrorism, but this fire was. Do ya think Huff & Puff would call BLM terrorists? PETA? Greenpeace? ELF?

16. therooster

therooster Banned

Probably 2 supreme Court justices. Maybe even 3 , wouldn't that be great?

17. zbr6

zbr6 Banned

Oh, you again.

Ok I'll bite - what "reality" am I denying?

Lets itemize the series of events in chronological order, ok?

1. Mosque burns down.

2. Huff-N-Puff-N-Puke-N-Puff-N-Cuck, feat. Fake News Network & CO. report it as 100% confirmed inequivocabile hate crime.

3. Police arrest a suspect.

4. Police release suspects name and statement saying "no hate crime motivation is indicated at this time".

So yea I guess I did display some "typical Right wing behavior" because I didn't put my own triggerisms ahead of the facts and police investigations.

I didn't assume I knew exactly what had happened because I had "muh feelz" about the situation.

Typical Right wing behavior, INDEED!

:roll:

18. BroncoBilly

BroncoBilly Well-Known Member Past Donor

What a great way to get a new mosque, burn it down, collect on the insurance, and then blame it islam-o-phobes.

19. PrincipleInvestment

PrincipleInvestment Well-Known Member

20. Texas Republican

Texas Republican Well-Known Member Past Donor

The West Coast is the most intolerant region in the U.S.

21. straight ahead

straight ahead Well-Known Member

If it's terrorism evidently he has now.

22. Space_Time

Space_Time Well-Known Member

Here's more:

http://www.seattletimes.com/seattle...reatening-to-kill-members-of-bellevue-mosque/

Man charged with hate crime in alleged assassination threats at Bellevue mosque
    Originally published January 12, 2017 at 3:30 pm Updated January 12, 2017 at 4:07 pm

Members of a Bellevue mosque said they felt threatened and terrified when they were allegedly approached by a 36-year-old Auburn man who made comments about assassinating Muslims.

Share story
    By Sara Jean Green
    Seattle Times staff reporter
    A 36-year-old Auburn man was charged this week with malicious harassment, a hate crime, for allegedly threatening to kill members of a Bellevue mosque and declaring “there is no place in America for Muslims,”according to King County prosecutors.

Kamal Samater — who Bellevue police say self-identifies as Muslim — was arrested Jan. 6 in the parking lot of the Islamic Center of Eastside, also known as Bellevue Masjid, in the 14000 block of Main Street. Members of the mosque were preparing and serving food as part of a service when the incident occurred just after 1:30 p.m.

Jailed in lieu of $250,000 bail, Samater was also charged with felony harassment, accused of threatening to kill the first man he encountered in the mosque’s parking lot, court and jail records show.

What is a bias crime?
    Under Washington state law, the malicious harassment — or hate crime — statute provides protections for people attacked over race, color, religion, ancestry, national origin, gender, sexual orientation or mental, physical or sensory handicap.

Here’s an explanation of what "bias crime" actually means.

According to the charges, the alleged victim recognized Samater, who had previously shown up at the mosque asking for money. Samater aggressively approached the man and told him, “I’m going to take care of you and sweep you,” say the charges.
    The alleged victim says he felt threatened and terrified as Samater closed the distance between them and told him he was “going to assassinate every one of us” and yelled that “there is no place in America for Muslims,” according to charging papers.

The man called 911.

A witness told police he also felt threatened and “feared that Samater would attempt to carry out his threats due to his aggressive demeanor and persistent, directed statements,” say the charges.

After his arrest, police say Samater said he’d asked people for money but they’d said no and he told them only that “the hell gates have opened on you,” according to the charges.

Sara Jean Green: 206-515-5654 or sgreen@seattletimes.com

23. The Wyrd of Gawd

The Wyrd of Gawd Well-Known Member

It's a federal crime so the perp will be in tried in a federal court.

24. notme

notme Well-Known Member

I commented to "In typical Leftist fake news"
    Not really fake when the police make a press conference about it.

25. notme

notme Well-Known Member

My link shows it did happen, according to the police. While he claims its fake news.
    Dunno how you think my link proves his point.