Six Proofs the Earth is Flat

Discussion in 'Science' started by Olivianus, Jan 15, 2017.

1. Olivianus

Olivianus Member

1. No annual parralax.

2. Flat horizon with no progressive declination at 121, 000 feet of altitude:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WQITXbcz2hg

Notice how the footage actually looks real.

3. 100% exposure of the Chicago Skyline from 60 miles away.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=3&theater

4. Sun light reflection patterns on the ocean denoting a flat
    plane interface.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6nrGcJua5J4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F6ggiQt0jY8

5. The Solar Analemma proving the Southern hemisphere to be much larger than the Northern.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Analemma

6. Shrinking sun from noon to sunset which cannot be explained by a lack of solar filter for lack of experimental verification.

https://southernisraelite.wordpress....ing-not-glare/

https://southernisraelite.wordpress....way-its-glare/

2. tecoyah

tecoyah Well-Known Member Past Donor

This thread belongs in the conspiracy forum...its creator in school.

Guno likes this.
  3. sdelsolray

sdelsolray Well-Known Member

Olivianus and jrr777 should get a room.

4. tecoyah

6 proofs the Earth is a sphere.

1. Circumnavigation.
    2. Spacecraft observation and orbit.
    3. Photographs.
    4. Aircraft.
    5. Solar system observation.
    6. Common sense.

5. robot

robot Active Member

Just had a look at this youtube. The effect was achieved using a telescopic lens that showed only a very small part of the horizon.

6. Olivianus

Olivianus Member

You did not even try to address my arguments. Pathetic!

1. http://s39.photobucket.com/user/piplop9/media/Flat_Earth.png.html?w=240

2. CGI

3. CGI

4. Was that an argument?

5. Begging the question.

6. Was that an argument?

7. tecoyah

Ducking, Dodging, Dismissal in favor of conspiracy theory with nothing but opinion. The CGI stuff is the silliest considering there was no such thing when most things happened.

8. HonestJoe

HonestJoe Well-Known Member Past Donor

To be fair, you didn’t present any actual arguments, you just made a couple of brief statements with a couple of links, either to other people’s arguments or out-of-context evidence.

I’d suggest that if you really want a discussion about this kind of thing, you need to pick one “proof”, describe it in your own words so it’s clear you understand it and how you interpret it and offer some primary evidence with proper context (such as exactly where images are taken from, the kind of lenses used etc.). You can offer other people’s explanations and assertions as well but I think that can only be secondary to a discussion here. Those would mainly need to be discussed with them directly (especially when exactly what they’re claiming isn’t very clear or isn’t entirely consistent with what you are).

9. bigfella

bigfella Well-Known Member

If that map is part of your 'proof' then this really is a joke. It is hard to know where to start.

According to that layout Australia & NZ are the farthest places on the earth from Sth America, yet it takes less time to fly there than it does to Europe. Flights from Australia to Sth America go via NZ, which by this map would simply be impossible without further refuelling stops.

According to this the quickest way to get to the West Coast of the US from where I live is to fly north across Australia & PNG. Having made that journey numerous times I can assure you that the time over land is tiny. Of course, airlines could all be in on the conspiracy, which would be very expensive.

Where is the Antarctic? In the real world it is closest to Australia/NZ and Sth America. On this map that is simply impossible.

Oh, and why has no one ever found the 'edge'? It is pretty damned big. Surely someone would have flown an aircraft over it.

So many holes. Really the territory of the terminally delusional this. Certainly not 'science'.

10. Johnny Brady

Johnny Brady New Member

But scientists say the earth is round, so who are we to believe?
    Are they lying or what?

11. Olivianus

Olivianus Member

12. Olivianus

Olivianus Member

That was not in the op. It was a reply to a question <Rule 2>

You've done that yourself and took a compass with you? Can I see the video?

It is the ice circle wall.

We have. It's called antarctica.

Prov. 8:&#8220;When He established the heavens, I was there,
    When He inscribed a circle on the face of the deep,
    28 When He made firm the skies above,
    When the springs of the deep became [j]fixed,
    29 When He set for the sea its boundary
    So that the water would not transgress His [k]command,
    When He marked out the foundations of the earth;1111111

Address the op in 24 hours or you're getting blocked.

13. cerberus

cerberus Well-Known Member Past Donor

Even I agree with them on that!

14. tecoyah

As it would seem you only accept youtube as evidence....let's try this:
    [video=youtube;PLdReXQ_iX4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PLdReXQ_iX4[/video]

15. tecoyah

Generally speaking, when any individual feels the need to resort to infantile name calling in place of discussion they have reached a desperation point and any further discussion becomes futile.

Have A Nice Day:smile:

16. Olivianus

Olivianus Member

1. That video would contradict the image from Chicago. 2. Notice the buildings are not slanted over. 3. I could use this image as a proof that the earth is a banana.

That debunks this image as a proof for the globe.

The reason we have this eclipsing of the city is atmospheric distortion.

17. bigfella

bigfella Well-Known Member

I addressed a piece of proof you provided in support of Flat Earth theory. If you don't want it discussed then don't introduce it. <Reply to Deleted>

If this is real it should be possible to photograph all the continents of the earth from space in a single shot. Show us the evidence.

You provide a made up map as 'evidence' but demand I film a compass for an entire flight. Funny guy. You haven't personally gone into space and photographed the flat earth, so your proof fails by your own standards.

Planes have windows. I can tell if I am over land or sea, even at night. When I flew to Bali, which according to you map is in virtually the same direction as the US, virtually all of the flight was over land. When I flew to the US it was virtually all over sea. Similar story flying to Dubai. According to your map I should have flown over land virtually the entire time. Didn't. Not even close.

Here is some data on flights from Australia to Africa & Sth America. I know people who have taken these flights. They are real.

https://www.metabunk.org/flat-earth-theory-debunked-by-short-flights-qf27-qf28-from-australia-to-south-america.t6483/

It would be impossible to explain these flights travelling the distance they do in the time they do using a Flat Earth model. it can't be done using commercial aircraft. Keep in mind that the people on those flights are able to keep time, so they know how long the flight takes. That can't be faked in any way. The time elapsed and the departure and arrival points are known. So, either the aircraft is travelling at supersonic speed or the Earth is not flat. As the only commercial aircraft capable of supersonic flight lacked this range at supersonic speed and are no longer in service, the conclusion is clear.

What ice wall? Where is your evidence? photos from the air please. Given that people have crossed Antarctica by foot & vehicle it should be easy enough to show evidence of this huge wall. If it is big enough to stop people flying off the edge of the earth it should be easily visible and well documented.

People have crossed it & sailed around it. According to your map it should be impossible todo either.

I thought this was a science thread. Bible verse is not science. Provide actual proof.

I've addressed evidence you provided. If your response to a challenge is to name call & run away like a little child it just proves you have no evidence. This should be the easiest thing to prove. Just show us the photos.

18. tecoyah

Nevermind....I have dealt with this affliction before and realize the futility of treatment for uncurable lethality.

Have A Nice Day:smile:

19. Ritter

Ritter Well-Known Member

Is this ancient Greece or what? Flat Earth...<Rule 9>
    Tell me. If Earth is flat, where is North Pole and South Pole? How do you explain time differences? Where the heck is the sun in all this? :laughing:

20. Maindawg

Maindawg Account closed at members request

It's not round iether ,it's more like an egg. Or a pear. But there was a guy in 1492 who sailed right off the edge, and discovered India in the carribian he thought and then he killed as many of them as he could . Fed some to his dogs and enslaved the rest. His name was Chris and he was a Spanish guy. Some people think he was a jew as we're his crew and navigator. The crusades were going on and the Jews were willing to sail off the edge of the earth rather than hang around waiting for the Catholics to murder them .
    Seems like very one was into murdering very else in the good old days. Good times.....

21. Olivianus

Olivianus Member

No it wasn't. It was a reply to a question about circumnavigation. I gave the image to show how it works. The arrangement of the map is accidental to the reply.

I didn't introduce it you did. After I made the args in the op I replied to a question showing how circumnavigation is circular not spherical. You added in the map issue <Rule 2>

<Rule 2>

Wrong. The firmament keeps that from happening. <Rule 2>

Wrong again. I introduced the concept of circular as opposed to spherical circumnavigation.

<Rule 2> We have already proved anomalies with your map when people ride on board with a compass. Theses 219 of my book on the Flat Earth:

225 Reasons Why I Believe the Earth is Flat by Drake Shelton

First there is no evidence for what you call space. Second, I do not base my positions on theoretical science.

I never committed myself to any map. I made very clear in my book page 3:

I
    Theses 224 of my book:
    So why are we not allowed to explore it? Open it up and let us go. I have he money to do the exploration right now. Release the Antarctic treaty and I'll buy my ticket tomorrow.

I have no map as stated already.

I already did <Rule 2>

No you haven;t <Mod Edit>

22. tecoyah

If the earth is flat, please offer you explanation of Earthquakes, Volcanism, Tectonic Plate activity and Ocean currents.....by extension Hurricanes.

23. perdidochas

perdidochas Well-Known Member

24. perdidochas

perdidochas Well-Known Member

The degree of slant would be unnoticeable by the human eye. The reason you are so fooled by the flat earth bull(*)(*)(*)(*) is because at typical human walking scales, there is no difference between a flat earth and a curved earth. You have to go hundreds of miles to notice it.

25. Ritter

Ritter Well-Known Member

Let us not complicate things here, folks. We have to put ourselves on the same level of intelligence as the "Flath Earthers". Here is the best way of explaining things to meet their IQ. :nod:
    [video=youtube;Cbei3VZjZ48]https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Cbei3VZjZ48[/video]