Planned Parenthood...the facts.

Discussion in 'Abortion' started by tecoyah, Jan 15, 2017.

1. tecoyah

tecoyah Well-Known Member Past Donor

No federal funding can be used for the abortion process...by law.
    Great lengths are taken to assure this can be guaranteed.
    Every inquiry or investigation ever done has verified compliance.
    The vast majority of what the organization does involves womens health screenings and education as well as preventing unwanted pregnancy.

Considering these FACTS, why do so many people want to destroy it?

2. FoxHastings

FoxHastings Well-Known Member

People want to destroy it due to a combination of stupidity and misogyny ....there can be no other reason...

3. Kode

Kode Well-Known Member

Apparently the anti group don't want to confront the facts. That isn't surprising. But maybe we can get to the bottom line this way....
    I just request that all replies be serious, fact-based, and supportable.

1) What is a good reasons to oppose Roe v. Wade?

2) Why should your opposition be imposed on everyone?

Please just post brief, to-the-point answers without justifications to the extent reasonable. Let's keep it simple.

4. FoxHastings

Here's a Planned Parenthood fact.

Minneapolis/St.Paul yesterday......500 Anti-Planned Parenthood protesters protested outside the clinic.........5,500 PRO-Planned Parenthood people showed up in a counter protest....:)

I think that sums up how America feels....:)

5. CourtJester

CourtJester Well-Known Member

The desire to destroy Planned Parenhood is just part of the long term Republican drive to eliminate all social programs and especially those that help the economically disadvantaged. Abortion is just the smokescreen. Block grants for Medicaid, school vouchers, eliminating food stamps. The pattern is clear. And next they will come for your SS and Medicare.

6. Whaler17

Whaler17 Well-Known Member

Pure idiocy (this post) , The Republicans want to put people to work, not buy their votes with a gubment check.

7. btthegreat

btthegreat Well-Known Member

Its a fine organization. I can thank them in part for the presence of my youngest son in my life.

8. CourtJester

And speaking of idiocy, how does that rebut my statement.

9. Whaler17

There is no agenda to eliminate all social programs as you suggest. That is pure tin foil hat conspiracy theory lunacy.

10. FoxHastings

You haven't been paying attention if you haven't seen all the Republican's efforts to shut down Planned Parenthood clinics where women can access Birth Control and other health care.... denying it doesn't make it disappear.

..Republicans have tried to destroy Welfare and WIC and other programs that help poor CHILDREN (those precious LIVES you wail on about...)

It's REPUBLICANS who denigrate the poor....they cut off women's ability to get an abortion but then dump on her for being poor and having kids....that is how LITTLE they care about "precious lives"....

11. Kode

Kode Well-Known Member

An interesting theory. Let's see......

I guess it's true! Republicans want to:
    end welfare
    raise the retirement age
    kill unions and good wages
    kill any minimum wage
    tax the middle class more
    end SNAP
    defund education and privatize

It looks like republicans want to FORCE people to choose between being penniless or working for peanuts. With wages down to $2-3/hr or less, LOTS of companies would hire workers. That CREATES JOBS!!!! YAYEEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeee!!!!
    :wall:

12. Kode

Kode Well-Known Member

WAIT wait hold it stop..... Are you trying to tell us with a straight face that republicans don't want what CJ said: "Block grants for Medicaid, school vouchers, eliminating food stamps"?? And after Republicans ANNOUNCED it?? They have SAID that is what they want. And you want to tell us it isn't true??
    :wall:

13. Whaler17

Show me proof, notions in your head are not actual facts, you realize that right?

- - - Updated - - -

Once again, SHOW ME! Notions in your head just aren't enough to interest me in a debate about what others believe or want.

14. Kode

Kode Well-Known Member

So you're saying you aren't sufficiently informed that you know that some Republicans have called for

ending welfare: welfare has been divided into components (healthcare, housing, debt, and nutrition: http://www.welfareinfo.org/ ). And we all know of efforts to replace Medicaid with vouchers and such, have heard objections to low income housing, and objections to the SNAP program.

raise the retirement age: We all know about this.

kill unions and good wages: "right to work" for a lower wage without representation; undermined unions.

kill any minimum wage: We have heard some Republicans calling for a "free market" by eliminating the minimum wage.

tax the middle class more: Trump's plan of ending the ACA will hand billions over to the top 1% and tax the middle class more.

end SNAP: Again, we have heard Republicans call for an end to this.

defund education and privatize: Again, we have all heard of the Republican push to develop block grants and vouchers and to increase private education. DeVos has quite a history in this effort and little more.

You can go ahead and declare proudly that I have no evidence if you wish to confirm your lack of knowledge of these things. But I'm not going to waste my time digging up evidence on each of these things to prove what is already widely known.

Can you produce any evidence of Republicans advocating the strengthening and funding of these programs without substituting an alternative program and calling it "an improvement" when it is more likely to undermine the intent?

15. CourtJester

Obviously you are unaware of Ryan's agenda.

16. Whaler17

SHOW ME!!!!~!!!!!