Mukasey offers comments about the IG's investigation of Comey...

Discussion in 'Political Opinions & Beliefs' started by SillyAmerican, Jan 16, 2017.

1. SillyAmerican

SillyAmerican Well-Known Member

On the January 15th episode of Journal Editorial Report, former Attorney General Judge Michael Mukasey offers his views on the following topics.

On whether the investigation by the Inspector General into Comey's activities while investigating Hillary Clinton's private email server is justified:
    On whether the IG would broaden the investigation to include how Comey investigated things:
    On Comey's pre emptying of the Attorney General and the prosecuting attorneys in his making the decision of whether or not to presecure:
    On whether Comey should resign:
    Do you agree or disagree with what Judge Mukasey has to say? I'm especially interested in comments concerning the conclusion reached by Comey that no reasonable prosecutor would bring the case, as well as the many shortcomings of the investigation...

2. Stevew

Stevew Well-Known Member

I totally agree with Mulkasey, and Comey stepped outside his authority by making the judgement "no reasonable prosecutor" would prosecute the case. He should have just presented the facts as he did, and THEN let attorneys take over. When he said that, at least a dozen attorneys disagreed and said they would have prosecuted. I personally was shocked the democrats nominated her to run for president in the first place, but I certainly didn't protest because I thought Clinton was the easiest candidate to beat in the election. It's too bad dems are so brainwashed by the media to think Clinton even had a chance of winning. Now they are getting brainwashed into thinking Trump isn't legitimately elected, what a crock. The media and dems are killing this country trying hold on to their power.

On the brighter side, at least Comey allowed U.S. citizens to weigh in on Clinton by casting votes for her opposition. The people have spoken.

Steve

3. SillyAmerican

SillyAmerican Well-Known Member

One other data point. On the January 15th edition of Fox News Sunday, Bob Woodward states the following:

I do agree that Comey has done an exceptional job with counter terrorism.

4. Stevew

Stevew Well-Known Member

Speaking of Bob Woodward, the Watergate Scandal results show the glaring malpractice of today's mainstream media's failure to go after Obama and Clinton for their multiple scandals yet to be indicted. If the media made half the effort it did with Nixon against Clinton and the Obama administration, many in the democrat party would be in prison today. The only thing working in the people's favor is we still have freedom of speech while dems are attempting to push once again the "fairness doctrine." Like the "Affordable Care Act" not being affordable, there is nothing fair about the "fairness doctrine."

Steve

SillyAmerican likes this.