Blue Monday 2017 could be bluest ever.

Discussion in 'Political Opinions & Beliefs' started by Blackbeard, Jan 16, 2017.

1. Blackbeard

Blackbeard Active Member

George Michael and Carrie Fisher both struggled with addictions that shortened their lives....did it really take these two passing to "remind us of our mortality?"

How silly.

Even more depressing because of Trump and Brexit.....except for those who voted for Trump and Brexit because of deep anxiety.

Gosh but Dr. Arnall is not very f'n smart.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/science/...ould-bluest-ever-says-expert-behind-equation/

2. God & Country

God & Country Well-Known Member

Sad but not surprising. We're a couple of generations in now with the MSM and pop culture dictating what young people think. I hate to admit it but I am the parent of a vacuous immature
    35 year old. This boy couldn't find his arse with a map and a flashlight. It's small a consolation but the youth in the UK are no brighter. I'm happy to say I'm not counting on any of them to finance my retirement.

3. crank

crank Well-Known Member

Surely the good doctor jests!

Both examples were deeply flawed people with drug/alcohol problems. What (*)(*)(*)(*)ing relevance does either of their deaths have in world which daily loses people who are actually role models. You know, philanthropists, paediatricians, cancer researchers, astrophysicists, green technology scientists, etc etc.

And the good doc might also like to know that some young people are highly positive and energised by the near future. Not because they like either Brexit or Trump, but because of their tempering effects on Progressive ideology.

4. Deckel

Deckel Well-Known Member Past Donor

Well, I woke up to find an injured neighborhood cat on my porch which I then had to find a vet who could see after which it was eventually decided it would probably not survive surgery and if it did I would end up with a three or two legged cat so I had it euthanized and the whole thing cost me a bunch of money in one of the most expensive months I have had in a few years already, so yes, Blue Monday was kind of blue for me.