Trump Critical of Pope Francis

Discussion in 'Latest US & World News' started by Media_Truth, Jan 16, 2017.

1. Media_Truth

Media_Truth Well-Known Member Donor

An in-your-face back-stab at the Catholics who voted for him. Trump portends to be an expert at everything. Now he make believes that he knows more than the Pope about uniting the world, and Christian morals and ethics. How dare the pope pray with Mexicans along the border, and get in the way of Trump politics.

https://www.nytimes.com/politics/fir...r-mexico-trip/

Donald J. Trump has a message for Pope Francis ahead of the pope’s trip to pray with migrants along the Mexican border: You don’t get it.

The pope is planning to go to the Rio Grande next week while on a visit to Mexico. He plans to offer prayer and show solidarity with suffering refugees.

Mr. Trump does not approve. In an interview with the Fox Business Network on Thursday, the Republican presidential candidate, who has proposed building a wall along the United States’s southern border, suggested that Francis was serving as a pawn of the Mexican government.

“I think that the pope is a very political person,” Mr. Trump said.......

2. KAMALAYKA

KAMALAYKA Banned

45% of Trump supporters are white Protestants who think the pope is the Antichrist.

3. Thehumankind

Thehumankind Well-Known Member

4. petef56

petef56 Well-Known Member

I was raised a Catholic and I agree with Trump.

It's become obvious that the pope is part of the NWO agenda and the group otherwise known as "those who oppose Trump".

5. SiNNiK

SiNNiK Well-Known Member

I wonder which refugees he's speaking to.

[video=youtube;5kIojy3vfec]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5kIojy3vfec[/video]

6. Aleksander Ulyanov

Aleksander Ulyanov Well-Known Member

Not all Protestants are Chic Young. Americans are Denominational, as long as St Alfonso's doesn't hold the Pancake Breakfast at the same time as Franklinville Presbyterian's Morning Bazaar then theological questions can be put aside. The Pope is this universal symbol of goodness for everybody and yet again Trump seems totally unaware of how much you lose by attacking such people and gain by going along with them in regard to PR, something he should be trying to bank now while his followers still agree with him. Eventually, not even his sycophants are going to continue their support, especially while he continues to attack more and more people more and more as time goes on.

7. snakestretcher

snakestretcher Banned

Is there anyone left that Trump hasn't pissed off yet? Way to go Donnie; what a genius.:roll:

8. Gatewood

Gatewood Well-Known Member

Not really. Conservative minded Catholics long ago got this Pope's number and know that he's really just a Marxist. So the only time they HAVE to pay any real attention to his pronouncements is when he is officially speaking as the human mouthpiece of God; a process with quite strict requirements for a Pope, and one that not even this fellow can flout. Why non-Catholics think that Catholics are automatically mind-slaves of whatever Pope is sitting on the Papal Throne is an ongoing mystery.

9. snakestretcher

snakestretcher Banned

The Pope is a Marxist!:roflol: We really need some evidence for the most ludicrous assertion you could come up with. Thanks:roflol:
    Now, while I have no great love for any organised 'faith', and I despise Catholicism especially, there really is no need for this kind of absurd hyperbole. It doesn't help your cause.

10. Johnny Brady

Johnny Brady New Member

Let's not forget the Bible says there are many antichrists-
    "Dear children, this is the last hour; and as you have heard that the antichrist is coming, even now many antichrists have come. This is how we know it is the last hour" (1 John 2:18 )

And who exactly are the antichrists? Just look around..;)

11. snakestretcher

snakestretcher Banned

The bible also says there are talking snakes, unicorns and flying chariots. You will forgive me if I don't take it as a serious or credible source for, well, anything really.

12. Jason Bourne

Jason Bourne Well-Known Member Past Donor

I find it reassuring that Trump sees fit to denegrate Pope Francis for wanting to pray with those along the southern border. It reassures me that Trump is likely the most consistently bizarre and paranoid President that this country will ever have the misfortune to experience.

Regards,

Jason Bourne

13. Johnny Brady

Johnny Brady New Member

1- Only fundy xians and some atheists take every word in the Bible literally mate, for example the snake in Eden is just a metaphor for the personal demons that poor Evey was struggling with as they tried to make her eat that juicy apple-
    SATAN - "Hmm, that apple looks yummy.."
    EVE - "I'm not supposed to touch it"
    SATAN - "Don't be daft, if you don't have it Adam will, and then laugh at you for being a dumb little girly, you know how men are"
    EVE - "I'm forbidden to have it"
    SATAN - "Hmm...Your skin looks a bit dry, fresh fruit would work wonders for your complexion"
    EVE - "Leave me alone!"
    SATAN - "It'll just rot if left on the tree, what a waste.."
    EVE - "Shut up"
    SATAN - "Apples are good for teeth, you don't want yours to turn black do you?"
    EVE - "Oh be quiet!"
    SATAN - "You'll get scurvy without vitamin C and your gums will puff up like a boxers gumshield"..
    EVE - "Clam up!"
    SATAN - "Okay okay, scuse me for breathing, none of my business if you want to end up looking like a cross between Mike Tyson and Ugly Betty"..
    EVE - "Hmm okay, I'd better eat it, but don't tell anyone"
    SATAN - "Sure, sure, you can trust me"..

2- The word unicorn is only in the old King James Bible and could mean rhinoceros, but later more modern versions regard the word as meaning "horned animal".
    3- As for "flying chariots", ancient people had no word for 'UFO' so that was the nearest they could come up with. For example they had no idea what this was, so they slapped the word "angel" on it..:)-

"And God sent an angel to Jerusalem to destroy it. As he was destroying, the Lord looked and relented of the disaster, and said to the angel who was destroying, “It is enough; now restrain your hand.” Then David lifted his eyes and saw the angel of the Lord standing between earth and heaven, having in his hand a drawn sword stretched out over Jerusalem" (1 Chron 21:16/16)
    [​IMG]

14. snakestretcher

snakestretcher Banned

A metaphor? Primitive Bronze Age people didn't know what a metaphor is. Everything was explained away the simple, and only, way that folk who had no idea about science or the way in which the natural world works, could; invoke a deity as the answer. It is only modern Christians who have decided to take the immutable word of their god and the frankly idiotic bits of the bible, and tell you what they think it means. Doesn't 'god' say somewhere in the bible that you can't mess with his word and it must be taken literally? If you do not then you cannot call yourself a Christian, and no excuses!
    Anyway, that's what this lot say: https://www.gotquestions.org/Bible-literal.html

15. Papastox

Papastox Well-Known Member

I am Catholic and am not enamored with this pope. And some of the cardinals aren't either...

16. Papastox

You're entitled to your opinion, as others are to theirs..

17. Jim Nash

Jim Nash Well-Known Member

This implies the pope would be expected to get it. The Pope's the figurehead of a large organisation of perpetrators of nonsense. Why anyone would expect him to "get it" seems more remarkable.

18. Mr_Truth

Mr_Truth Well-Known Member

That reminds me of something I read about Hitler a long time ago: he hated Jews so much and anyone who dared to sympathize with them in any way that he called the Pope a Jew!

Hilarious!

19. Blackbeard

Blackbeard Active Member

Well.....why not become a hero for the Left and rip his picture up. Look how that made a hero out of Sinead O'Conner.

20. perdidochas

perdidochas Well-Known Member

Your link doesn't work. That said, I think the above is an old article--almost a year old.

- - - Updated - - -

Nothing that Pope Francis has said is counter to the centuries of teaching of the Catholic Church. He has changed nothing.

Jason Bourne likes this.
  21. Talon

Talon Well-Known Member Past Donor

Not hardly. I'm a former Catholic and I never considered any pope - past, present or future - above and beyond criticism.

Really? I wonder why he even bothered to form a cabinet, much less one that includes people who don't agree with him on everything...

He does? Where did he say that?

Yes, how dare Trump criticize the pope and how dare the pope criticize Trump! This is fauxrageous! :omfg:

22. Papastox

Why would I do that? I am as far from the Left as you can get...

23. Maindawg

Maindawg Account closed at members request

This Pope has worked to help the poor he has worked to rid the church of pedophiles. He is very loved by billions of people. He has spoken often about brotherly love and acceptance of other religions . The past couple Pope's, not so much. That girl who tore the picture of the Pope in half was wrong to attack the Pope. She says she regrets it. But it may have saved some child some how.

The drump is a dim witted failed business person . Insulting people is never a good idea , never.

24. Brewskier

Brewskier Well-Known Member

Many on the left despise Christianity, but ever since Pope Francis came along, they have developed a real soft-spot for Catholicism. I find it hilarious.

I hope Trump continues to criticize the Marxist pope.

25. Brewskier

Brewskier Well-Known Member

She would have never done that with Pope Francis.