My renewable energy science and engineering concepts

Discussion in 'Science' started by Scottish Scientist, Jan 17, 2017.

1. Scottish Scientist

Scottish Scientist New Member

2. Johnny Brady

Johnny Brady New Member

Hi mate, you said this in one of your posts-
    "My thanks to our beloved First Minister Sturgeon for her inspirational rhetoric."

As you know, she's pro-EU, so don't you mind that she'd like Scotland's freedom to be taken away by the Brussels EU halfwits?
    What on earth would Braveheart have said?..;)

3. Scottish Scientist

Hi Johnny.

That would be from my post

Scotland - Sturgeon's dream & the nightmare police state

but while your selective quote is accurate it totally lacks balance and paints a misleading impression of my whole post because you didn't quote anything I said about the nightmare police state.

Why not? Don't you think living in a nightmare police state in Scotland is a political concern of more importance that is worthy of quotation?

Well I voted REMAIN, still wear a REMAIN badge but I am for a "FIGHTING" Remain not a "Door-mat" Remain.

Whilst I agree that Scotland should remain in the EU or seek independent membership of the EU, I don't agree with Scotland or Scots being treated like doormats by the EU halfwits, no.

What you need to appreciate if you don't already is that 99% of Scotland's freedom is taken away by the nightmare police state - the police, the prosecutors, the courts, the prisons - all of whom are not run by the EU but all of whom are run by the UK's puppet devolved governments of Scotland, such as the SNP government under First Minister Sturgeon whose officers and officials - like Chief Constable and chief prosecutor - are the really dangerous half-wits.

No, of course I don't agree with the EU taking that last 1% of our freedoms away but the real problem for us Scots is the 99% of our freedoms that the UK takes away, using puppets like Sturgeon to do it.

What I want a "Fighting Remain" for is to ask the EU to help us Scots to fight the UK to get us Scots back our freedom from the UK police state - issue European arrest warrants for the Queen and the Queen's officials who run the nightmare police state here in Scotland.

Braveheart would have said the bits from my post that you didn't quote, which I will do now.

4. Johnny Brady

Johnny Brady New Member

Sorry mate but your post was so long that it'd have taken me all day to reply to each of your points, especially as i've got an inbox full of other people to reply to as well..:)
    In 15 years of debating in assorted forums I find the best way is to present one point at a time (or possibly 2 or 3) so that they can be surgically and precisely dealt with, rather than fire a big blunderbuss of points all at the same time.
    Your comment about Sturgeon caught my eye, so that's the one I selected to ask you about first. I was simply surprised that you like her even though she wants to let Scotland be ruled by the EU twits in Brussels, and I was hoping you'd explain why you think that's a good thing?
    PS- perhaps we could talk about the scottish police later. Our english police can be pretty krap too, for example I once tipped them off about black drug dealers selling drugs to kids at the school across the road, but the police arrested me instead and i got 3 months jail, you couldn't make it up..;)

5. Brett Nortje

Brett Nortje Well-Known Member

Scottish scientist;

Your ideas are good improvements on old notions. if you continue on your 'path' you will build on them even more, yes? i mean, first there was the power of steam, then there came more powers, then came the power generators that are one generation behind your ideas, and now we have your ideas, yes?

If you were to ask the ex military engineer on this forum, starts with a "p" i think into peter, i have seen his interlocking diagrams - they are like very advanced fractals - and he has come a long way by not relaxing and calling it a day. i am sure you can do more, yes?

6. Brett Nortje

Brett Nortje Well-Known Member

Actually, it would take electricity to make the 'hydrogen power,' as the hydrogen needs to separate from the hydrogen, yes? this boiling will let off steam for the water vapor and then the rest, a miniscule amount, will become hydrogen gas to power the balloon thing.

I cannot think of a way to improve the process, but i hope you can?

7. Scottish Scientist

OK.

We, the people, need some kind of international, supranational help to take down the UK's nightmare police state, bring the bad officers of the state to account for all their abuses against the people, help that a good head of state would do for the people, but can't because we aren't allowed to elect a president as our head of state or even allowed to have our own nation states - a Scottish nation state, an English nation state etc. because we are stuck with the UK, which isn't even a British nation state because as a kingdom, the UK is a monarch's state and the Queen is not helping us.

That's terrible Johnny. I feel solidarity with you as a fellow former political prisoner in Her Majesty's prisons. This is what we need help with, from the EU, from NATO, from the United Nations, from anyone who can get the Queen arrested and get us a right to elect a president as head of state, help the people with the nightmare royalist, fascist police state that violently abuses us whenever we do our duty in a way that doesn't please the Queen's officers.

Stay strong Johnny. Don't let the bastards grind you down.

8. Johnny Brady

Johnny Brady New Member

Interesting mate, how long before all the water drained from the high to low lagoon and the turbines stopped spinning?

9. Scottish Scientist

Thanks. :cool:
    It all depends -
    • on the system design details - how big are the two lagoons, how powerful are the turbines & the transmission connection, and
    • on the circumstances of the day - how big are that day's tides, how do the power station operators want to manage the limited energy that is available that day - use it greedily for demand spikes and running the power flat out until the water drains out or instead use the energy available steadily for baseload and ensure continuous power all day never letting all the water drain out

The big advantage with this Double Tidal Lagoon Baseload Scheme is that the operators have a choice and they have complete control - whether to run the scheme to provide baseload and supply power all day or whether to service customer demand spikes.

The big disadvantage with the inferior single tidal lagoon schemes is that there are 4 crisis times a day when there definitely will be no power at all available.

Discussing the inferior single lagoon scheme being proposed by Tidal Lagoon PLC for Swansea, the Energy Matters blogger Euan Mearns said

"The model shows that the ideology does not work in practice. In fact, UK tidal lagoons will produce more intermittent electricity than any other form of renewable generation providing four spikes separated by four periods of zero production each day. It is often claimed that the predictability of tides is a virtue. This also means we can predict with certainty that this energy source will be a disaster for the public as well as the environment."