How Fake Outrage Fuels the Corrupt Center Left

Discussion in 'Political Opinions & Beliefs' started by US Conservative, Jan 17, 2017.

1. US Conservative

US Conservative Well-Known Member Past Donor

The Democratic 'distract and avoid' strategy will cost them in the long term

In spite of the fact that this behavior lost them the White House and both houses of Congress, the center left of the Democratic Party continues to rely on manufactured outrage based on misleading claims in order to distract the public from its corruption and rally support from its base.

During the 2016 election, whenever there was an opportunity to create an outrage campaign based on an isolated event, the center left exploited it regardless of the facts. During the state Democratic Party convention in Nevada, a chair-throwing claim (which turned out to be false) evolved into a decree against all of Sen. Bernie Sanders’ supporters. Based on the incorrect account of a second-hand source, pro-Hillary Clinton journalists dramatized the event and were goaded into doing so by Sen. Barbara Boxer and former Democratic National Committee (DNC) chair Debbie Wasserman Schultz.

Throughout the Democratic primary, Clinton partisans spread the “Bernie Bros“ narrative, which was based on the misconception that all Sanders supporters were sexist, white males. At its core, “Bernie Bros” was weaponized identity politics used to whitewash the Sanders campaign...

http://observer.com/2017/01/democratic-party-fake-outrage/?hl=1&noRedirect=1

Leftists seem determined to send the Democrat party further into the political wilderness.

They just don't see how destructive they are, and its to their detriment-I welcome the mistake.

2. sawyer

sawyer Well-Known Member Past Donor

They are a one trick pony and the trick is the politics of personal destruction. Hillary and the DNC based her entire campaign on that and were defeated in a landslide. They have learned exactly nothing nor has their media which has even doubled down on their failed attempt to destroy Trump

3. US Conservative

US Conservative Well-Known Member Past Donor

Glad to see Obama's staff is packing it up.

4. Quantum Nerd

Quantum Nerd Well-Known Member

LOL! 8 years of fake outrage over everything Obama and Hillary apparently didn't hurt the right. Now get ready to taste some of your own bitter medicine.

Your side now has full control of government and will be under the microscope. That means that things will crop up that will make the public sour on the party in power. And so the pendulum will swing back again to the Dem side.

5. logical1

logical1 Well-Known Member Past Donor

Just go with it. Everyone knows that the left is "outraged" about something. It happens so often it has become meaningless.

6. Kranes56

Kranes56 Banned

Yeah, PF wasn't outraged over every little thing Obama did? Last time I checked there's still a war on Christmas.

7. Kode

Kode Well-Known Member

Is this about the Democratic Party's "center-left" or is it about "leftists"?

- - - Updated - - -

More slanderous insults. Do you ever have a cogent argument?

- - - Updated - - -

The media was busy bankrolling the controversy. Sheesh

8. Kranes56

Kranes56 Banned

9. Quantum Nerd

Quantum Nerd Well-Known Member

Thanks for holding the mirror up. Isn't is funny that one of the most prolific slingers of fake outrage against Obama/Clinton on this forum now feels that outrage becomes "meaningless" when is is slung against his hero?

10. navigator2

navigator2 Banned

No no. Trump ended that war. Christmas is Great Again. :grin:

11. grapeape

grapeape Well-Known Member Past Donor

First off, she won the popular vote, so your "landslide" was nothing of the sort.

But, keep in mind that in the modern era, the ruling party almost always looses control on the 8 year cycle in favor of "the other party". This is due to the fact that most people think the government isn't doing anything for them, and therefore "change" will make it better. Just like in 2006 when the repubs lost control, it wasn't a vote for the democrats, it was a vote against the republicans. The same is true today, it wasn't a vote for Republicans, it was a vote against democrats (i.e. change)

12. Kranes56

Kranes56 Banned

Well he certainly made sure of it. I hear he's even making it rain gold now.

- - - Updated - - -

It's what has to be done.

13. Texas Republican

Texas Republican Well-Known Member Past Donor

Obama wanted to take America on a hard left turn. I didn't have phony outrage over that; my outrage was real.

I (and most Americans) didn't want to "fundamentally change" America.

14. Kranes56

Kranes56 Banned

That "hard left turn" isn't that far left. It's more like a nudge. Some differences yes, but for the most part he's been following the neoliberal model from the 1990's that Reagan and Bush Sr. put into motion.

15. sawyer

sawyer Well-Known Member Past Donor

We have an electors based system and are a democratic republic not a democracy and in that context it was indeed a landslide victory. Democrats from dog catcher on up have been losing elections constantly since obama moved in the white house and the Democratic party is now a party of high population cities mostly along the coast which is where the popular vote numbers come from. They have lost America as a whole.

16. ImNotOliver

ImNotOliver Well-Known Member

Kind of funny. Doubled over rolling around on the floor funny. Here you are harping about so-called fake outrage from the left. And what is your example? Being a long time Bernie Sanders supporter, long before he decided to run for president, I might be a bit biased in this, but the outrage, the fake outrage is entirely from the right, in large part fueled by the endless stream of right wing mis-information.

So go ahead and outrage away. It is kind of funny.

17. ImNotOliver

Your outrage may have been real but the issues you have been outraged over have been mostly foney baloney right wing silliness. For instance, can you tell me what Obama's economic plan was that so 'outrage' conservatives?

18. Texas Republican

He wanted to expand the federal government's share of the GDP, which I oppose. Our goal should be to minimize government, not grow it.

19. Texas Republican

When he was in the senate, he was the farthest left senator among 100. Obama was no moderate.

20. Robert

Robert Well-Known Member Past Donor

Go way back in the history of Democrats. I recall since at the time I still was a loyal jackboot member of the Democratic party.

Remember when Biden as a Senator created the term "Borked?"

This has long been the tactics of the Democrats Bork should have been on the supreme court. Not trashed by Democrats.

21. ImNotOliver

I guess that explains why he worked so hard to reduce the deficit.

[​IMG]

22. ImNotOliver

The problem with liars is that they have problems keeping track of all their lies. Previously you claimed that you had been a Democrat but switched to Republican when Reagan came along. Here you are talking about being a jackboot Democrat (whatever delusion that is) when Bork was nominated yet that was at the end of Reagan's term in '87.

23. Robert

No meetings in Congress nor at the electoral college are over popular votes.

They however do meet over the collective known as states and their decision.

The collective of the USA picked Donald Trump.

We in CA did all we could for Hillary. If failed.

24. Robert

Read my actual comments and not what you imagine they were.

You will see Friday what a Jackbooted Democrat looks and sounds like. They promise to destroy the inauguration.

I did not name a time frame that Bork got Borked, But you did. Thanks.

25. Lesh

Lesh Banned

If you indeed claimed to become a Dem when Reagan came along then you have indeed been caught in a lie.

As far as touting your despicable behavior as a Dem...the behavior is the same the team has changed.