The Media will never report this, and the left will never admit it, but...

Discussion in 'Abortion' started by Whaler17, Jan 17, 2017.

1. Whaler17

Whaler17 Well-Known Member

Hillary lost the election largely due to her expressed stance on abortion verbalized in the debate. The overwhelming majority of American women find late term abortion acceptance appalling. Women and minorities voted Trump in, it seems so obvious yet the left still refuses to see it has moved so far to the extreme that these folks do not relate anymore.

2. HonestJoe

HonestJoe Well-Known Member Past Donor

There are all sorts of polls and surveys after an election looking in to exactly why people voted the way they did, what issues and policies they considered most relevant and the like. If abortion was such a significant key issue, presumably that would come out in those surveys. Do you have any examples of that?

3. FoxHastings

FoxHastings Well-Known Member

No, she didn't.

Yes, there may be one issue voters who fall for the Repub's "we will end abortion if you vote for us" but polls have always shown that most Americans believe abortion should be legal.

BTW, I did notice how you use "abortion" and "late term abortion" as if they are the same thing...that's sneaky and dishonest.

Any woman who finds herself facing death or a late term abortion will always WANT A CHOICE.

4. Whaler17

Clearly I did not say they are the same thing, but it actually is. No doubt about it. Women facing death have always had the option, claiming they don't is what is dishonest.

5. tecoyah

tecoyah Well-Known Member Past Donor

It is not reported because it is not true.

6. FoxHastings

Trying to take away that choice is what is dishonest and appalling. Dishonest is what Trump said about abortion, that it's ripping a baby apart at 9 months, THAT is dishonest....and YOU did the same thing by interchanging "abortion" and "late term abortion"....they are not the same thing nor the same issue.

7. Whaler17

It appears as though an English lesson is in order. A late term abortion is an abortion, you see the words "late term" merely modify the word abortion to indicate you are referring to a specific type of abprtion. All abortion is horrific and immoral, unless the mother's life is in imminent danger.

Once again, the only one being dishonest here is the one who suggested late term abortions are not currently allowed in cases where the mother's life is in imminent danger, and that wasn't me.

8. FoxHastings

Late term abortions are legal if the life or health of the woman or fetus is in jeopardy.

It is NOT done as the lying Trump said, a 9 month fetus ripped apart.

If you refer to me as "punkin" again I will report it. Name calling is against the rules.

9. Whaler17

Killing is killing, sorry I hurt your feewings.

10. FoxHastings

WOW! (sarcasm alert) What a brilliant observation! Killing is killing....as if anyone said anything different !!:roflol:

11. JakeJ

JakeJ Well-Known Member Past Donor

I am a Trump supporter and do not agree.

It was Clinton's arrogance that cost her the election and the overall actions of radicals. Trump's "bring jobs back" and his message to blacks of "what do you have to lose" that made the difference. I do not think abortion was a significant factor. Militant pro-life will vote Republican and militant pro-choice will vote Democrat IF that is the decisive issue.

BTW, I am very "pro-choice" - but also recognize that all the talk in elections add up to nothing after the election.

12. Doofenshmirtz

Doofenshmirtz Well-Known Member Past Donor

Not buying it. She lost due to the over reach of her party. If Trump messes with abortion rights, he will hand a victory back to the dems.

13. Whaler17

Nope, despite her obvious corruption and her horrific personality, she was still leading by any measure you could find prior to her abortion revelation.
    Was her party overreaching? Absolutely! Was that anything new over the past 8 years, Nope!
    - - - Updated - - -

So you agree an abortion is a homicide?

14. HonestJoe

Can you avoid getting in to the circular arguments about the rights and wrongs of abortion and actually try to back up your assertion that abortion was primary factor in the election result? That would suggest that all the things Trump promised and all of the controversy that came out of the release e-mails were entirely secondary to this single issue in the minds of most voters.

15. tecoyah

Perhaps you should consider the "Feewings" of the animal that was killed for your dinner as it had more mental ability than the VAST majority of ZEFs aborted.

16. Junkieturtle

Junkieturtle Well-Known Member Donor

No, abortion has nothing to do with it, especially considering Donald Trump's pro-choice history and next-to-no support for actual pro-life views during his campaign outside of Mike Pence.

Clinton lost because of a combination of her more recent scandals and because people still harbor grudges and dislikes from the 90s. She's a corrupt dishonest person, although that itself is not a disqualifier on it's own or we wouldn't have the current president-elect either.

17. FoxHastings

LOL, I knew you thought you were being clever and , of course, missed the mark.

I knew you would have to lie and twist what was written because you have no facts or logic to back up what ever your argument is.

"Killing is killing" is NOT saying abortion is homicide anymore than saying "killing is killing" means war is homicide....

"killing is killing" is saying killing is killing....that's all...

If you want to go into every type of killing and what it's called for some really strange unrelated reason go ahead....it has no interest for me and no relation to abortion.

18. Whaler17

Who made mental ability the threshold? Humanity is the threshold. You cannot wantonly kill someone with diminished mental capacity. All the thresholds created to justify abortion homicide are easily shown to be arbitrary, the humanity of an animal is clearly not.
    - - - Updated - - -

Many post election studies show suburban women were a key factor in electing Trump and rejecting Hillary. Abortion at will with no oversight by anyone was something Hillary promoted and they vehemently opposed.

19. FoxHastings

"""Abortion at will with no oversight by anyone was something Hillary promoted and they vehemently opposed. """

WHERE DID SHE SAY THAT?

. """Abortion at will """"

IS LEGAL.

20. tecoyah

I see...so your argument lies in emotion vs. logic. Sounds rather arbitrary.

21. HonestJoe

Even if those statements are true (and you’ve still not supported any of them), that wouldn’t automatically mean abortion was the primary issue for that sub-set of voters supporting Trump, let alone that abortion was the primary issue across all voters. As I said, there are all sorts of studies directly looking at why people voted (not just presuming on the kind of basis you are here) so it should be really straight forwards for you to back-up your assertion that abortion was the primary issue that led to the election result.

Alternatively, you could take a step back and acknowledge that while abortion may well have been a key issue for some voters, there are likely to have been lots of other relevant issues that will have influenced people and most voters will have reach a conclusion on the basis of a wider combination of them rather than focusing exclusively on a single statement about a single issue.

22. Whaler17

It was substantial in the defeat of Hillary. I don't remember saying it was primary. Here is the thing, the majority of voters would have voted for Hillary or Trump no matter what due to party loyalty, making history electing a woman, etc.... So the election was decided by a very small group of voters that could have been swayed either way. Many of those voters were swayed by Hillary's horrific stance on abortion expressed in the debate.

23. Whaler17

Did you watch the debates at all?
    Abortion at will is not legal!!!
    It is actually illegal after an age threshold (age of the child in utero).

24. Whaler17

Nope! Wanton homicide is mortally wrong, other homicide laws on the books prove we, as a society, believe this to be true.
    Abortion is the only homicide that is allowed at will with no oversight (such as determination of self defense, etc...). There are some restrictions, but those are blatantly arbitrary as is the allowing of abortion based on unverifiable things like cognitive ability, etc.....

25. FoxHastings

Yes, abortion is legal at will.

LATE TERM ABORTION ISN'T....

but if you don't know there are stages in pregnancy and what those stages are you won't "get it"....

- - - Updated - - -

(Blue bolding above, mine)
    Getting confused ? :)