'Numercy' replacing binary.

Discussion in 'Science' started by Brett Nortje, Jan 18, 2017.

1. Brett Nortje

Brett Nortje Well-Known Member

Binary works on either on or off switches, but, if we want to save space, we could make more switches fit into one circuit. a circuit is used in binary to indicate if a byte is on or off, and the more you have on, the stronger the 'message' or charge is. if we were to make stronger circuits, we could vastly improve the charges carried, and, then strengthen the charge with one action instead of about six or so, so, the computers would be six times faster, theoretically from my side.

So, how would we do it? would we make more hair like circuit bonders, or would we make them broader or thicker? the answers to this i do not have, but i can try to help with theory, of course. with graphics we could color code the circuits to display analogue colors directly to the devices of a computer, and, there are sixteen base colors which could be mixed and so forth, maybe with a bonus color of a seventeenth being white, to bring the tone down, yes?

Now, for this to work, all we need to do is let analogue circuits play a role in binary. this is somewhere between what i wanted to do long ago, and new rational of what we have and how we can improve it, of course.

2. Brett Nortje

This could be especially useful on the c.p.u. where all the calculations are done. basically, the c.p.u. counts up all the little bytes of information, and then processes them to come up with the answer to feed back to the bus, yes? well, with this new idea of mine, we could easily make the c.p.u. take information directly from the bus and count it as one chunk of data, to be kept together, as, usually it is taken in, broken down, then rearranged to it's old self, then broken down again, and so forth, until it gets back on the bus.

~ For those of you laughing at the state of things, yes, it is a sad joke. we mastered the binary system and never thought of upgrading it, which is what i am trying to do presently, of course.

So, we want to take the whole chunk, but there is no way to keep it all together. this could be made possible by having 'templates' for common things, where the whole chunk of data is kept together to be processed by the c.p.u. in a new chunk processor, of course.

Now, if we want to make this work, we merely need to load a 'filter' physically or programming wise, let us try the physical circuit first? this would be where the filter is set by about sixty four bits of transistors, where they are there for ques, maybe [sixty four by sixty four] - coming to 4096 circuits, of course.

3. Brett Nortje

Half the battle could be won on the motherboard, in particular the bus. the bus controls the flow of electricity from device to device on those colorful lines you see on the mother board. basically, it is like a 'wire' inside the computer with plastic coverings and separators around them to make sure there is no direct contact. obviously insulating this bus with rubber would lead to higher data flows or current allowances and then we could super charge the bus to deliver a better charge to the devices.

The devices are these bigger weirdo black boxes and stuff on the motherboard. these devices are more advanced circuits, basically, that regulate bigger operations than merely going on or off. these will be for regulating the operations of the computer, mainly with the device to device communications, as, it is not merely a set of circuits to control some things - some things have 'more complex devices,' yes? these would be for storage for instance, the b.i.o.s. is the constant that you will find in every computer. this b.i.o.s. thing is there for the base operations of the computer, especially on starting the computer up, or, having a base for the operating system to load from. in truth, when you put your computer on for the first time, all it will have programmed into it to work from the start is the b.i.o.s. which stands for basic "input output system" where the 'computer' recognizes certain things being put in or loaded.

There are other devices, like the ones for storing information or charges of electricity. while the bus merely counts and sends charges of circuits, the storage areas - those black chip things - store information, and this is call r.a.m. or "random access memory." these are actually chips that you place into 'chip holders' that connect them to the bus, what i was talking about was the black chips on the motherboard that store information, but the r.a.m. chips also store stuff. they will be like the 'brain mass' of the human body, where everything is stored, while the c.p.u. calculates and counts very quickly.

4. Brett Nortje

Maybe we could improve the computers more if we were to observe the electronics? electronics has had a separate path to computers, as their functions are specialized to certain things, and, this makes their chips specialized to certain functions. if we could incorporate or include some of these functions into the computer, it could simplify the computer no end.

The first thing i want to deal with is power levels, which means we could learn from refrigeration, yes? if we could put a c.p.u. inside a freezer, a very small freezer, we could over clock it NOW as is to basically quadruple or times it's output by four or so, yes? this little freezer could be placed around the devices that would overheat, or, we could put a panel into the case that keeps the whole computer cool, of course. this function could be granted by replacing the fan with this cooling device, and, i know they get them into little bar freezers, so this will not be 'a big ask.'

Then, we could also observe the graphics allowed by cell phones or high end digital cameras, yes? with this technology, we could NOW improve the output of graphics for the computers no end, replacing graphics cards with these mother boards, set into the board. this would not have to be converted much at all, if they need to be, and produce photograph quality graphics, yes?

The sound, the sound! what can we do for the sound quality? we could easily get the little digital radios to take the chips out of them, reduce them in size with a miniscule amount of research, or, we could, from cell phones or those little hand held televisions, get the chip right NOW for them to be set into the motherboard and then have these quality sounds right away, yes?

I hope you can see how these devices could add to the quality of the computers that are ready or being built right now?

5. Aleksander Ulyanov

Aleksander Ulyanov Well-Known Member

How much of the actual science of this field have you studied or read about and have you taken these speculations to actual science/computer boards? They're interesting ruminations but I don't know enough about the Art myself to know if they have any validity or not.

6. Hoosier8

Hoosier8 Well-Known Member Past Donor

The main limitation for cpus is heat. Switching to optical flip flops at a molecular level will reduce heat and improve speed. The usual limitation for speed is the buss speed but just using more power does nothing to improve speed and in fact is detrimental to operation. The math functions in binary are fairly simple operations and masking bits improve complexity. Binary limits analog sound output to minute steps that are smoothed by analog amplifiers. Reducing binary files for storage means making those steps bigger. At my age I can't tell the difference between compressed files and uncompressed files unless they are super compressed.

7. Brett Nortje

With mother boards, we can say that everything is built in, yes? this means that it cannot be changed, yet, there are certain slots to place more ram and cards and the like. each time you add a 'device' you boost the number of circuits in the computer and they may be used to add to the 'output' of the computer. that said, you still need to use the same bus for these things, slowing it down, of course.

Enter my new idea, 'customized mother boards.' these would come with the latest graphics cards built into the motherboard, with the customized bus to carry information synced into the circuitry. this would boost the graphics by some, as, even with the latest cards, the limits of the computer means that it has to travel twice as much to get these graphics. mix that with binary turning the enemies on and off while you blow them away, and you have a serious problem with performance compared to having a decent graphics engine, of course.

So, if we were to have either the bus boosted with more wires, or, have the cards built into the board, there would be better interface with less stalling. add to that the addition of more b.i.o.s. chips, and we could have a basic input output for the whole deivce - each device in fact, making it much more powerful.

~ I remember not so long ago, i proposed to a company to load b.i.o.s. chips for cad key and accounts popular accounts programs onto the b.i.o.s. chips separately. the result was a older mchine with more power for those programs than the latest ones with them build in.

Hey! This gives me a new idea...

You know how u.s.b. devices work? we could insert b.i.o.s. chips into these ports! this will leave us with far more power than a conventional computer, and, we could also load it like a removable hard drive...

8. tecoyah

tecoyah Well-Known Member Past Donor

Nonsensical in theory, ridiculous in practice. Physical circuitry is not a major limitation at this point and replacing binary across the board is logistically impossibly useless.

9. GrayMan

GrayMan Well-Known Member

They will be hybrid. Analog is less accurate. It is better for estimations, audio, visual etc than strict calculations.

A more important binary 'switch' replacement would be synthetic neurons. Their signals would eventually be as efficient as a brain.

Just thinking about quantum bits now... I think funding quantum computers is okay but synthetic neurons off more usability in medical applications due to the fact that it functions like a real brain.