Better microwaves and ovens.

Discussion in 'Science' started by Brett Nortje, Jan 18, 2017.

1. Brett Nortje

Brett Nortje Well-Known Member

The way microwaves work is that they heat things very quickly, as they use electricity, and it is very unhealthy. the better choice is to use ovens, but they are so slow. maybe we can find something in the middle, or, improve these two to make each more healthy or faster?

It would be much healthier for the microwave to use electricity that has no radiation in it, which comes from photons. this means there should be a light separate to the electricity for a start. then, the charge given to heat the food could be based on my understanding of fire, which is where one lone electron creates more lone electrons by borrowing the protons from them, leaving them unstable too. this would be where there is a lone electron stuck into the 'new microwave oven' where it will separate bonds in the food and quickly 'sew them up again.'

~ Sounds easy so far? well, believe me, this is not as easy as it sounds!

So, we need to separate the electrons from the protons - maybe we could use four 'magnets' to draw the protons out and destabilize the contents, where the electrons will go crazy without the protons. if we sucked all the protons to the outside of the inner oven, then they would bring the electrons with them, basically expanding the area of the food, making it larger maybe? maybe not, but the potential is there.

Anyways, then we need to introduce a lone electron to the foods, with or without the magnetism. this will ignite the food, and, putting it out would be as easy as using magnetism to stop 'the fire,' of course.

Now, the food will cook very quickly, and getting rid of the radiation will be easier because it will be radiated for such a short time. this is basically better than using a filament for a oven, or a hyper electric charge for the microwave.

2. perdidochas

perdidochas Well-Known Member

Microwaves use electricity to produce microwaves, which are a form of electromagnetic radiation (like light and radio waves). The electricity doesn't directly cook the food. Microwaves use less electricity than do conventional ovens, it's why they are so popular (along with their speed). There is something called a convection oven, which is a faster cooker than a conventional oven, but doesn't use EM radiation like microwaves. However, they use more electricity than do microwaves.

3. Brett Nortje

Are you saying that i have made a mistake somewhere?

4. perdidochas

5. HonestJoe

HonestJoe Well-Known Member Past Donor

No, you've made several as usual.

6. tecoyah

tecoyah Well-Known Member Past Donor

The "Mistake" it seems, began in the initial stages of neural function and spread from there.

7. Brett Nortje

Thanks.

I really do think we can use magnets to put out fires, and singing the food or other things for a few milliseconds could cook it just right?

- - - Updated - - -

Please show me where?

- - - Updated - - -

And you should check out stand up comedy, i think you would fit right in... not!

8. tecoyah

tecoyah Well-Known Member Past Donor

If by chance I could pick only lower intelligence crazies with an inability to separate ridicule from humor...perhaps you would have a point.

9. HonestJoe

HonestJoe Well-Known Member Past Donor

Microwaves aren’t quick simply because they use electricity (some conventional ovens are electric). Microwaves aren’t fundamentally unhealthy (they can actually be good for making some healthy food such as steaming vegetables). There is no “middle” between conventional ovens and microwaves – they’re entirely different technologies. Electricity doesn’t have “radiation in it”. Radiation doesn’t “come from photons”.

Your OP moves beyond comprehension at that point, probably because it is based on your fundamental misunderstanding of the basic principles. You only need to read some very basic level information about how microwave ovens actually work to identify where your misunderstanding starts. You’d have to develop a much deeper understanding before you could start proposing realistic improvements to the technology.

10. perdidochas

Magnets don't effect fires under normal conditions. Please show proof that they do.

Edit: Found some evidence that very strong magnets in microgravity can effect fire, however, the buoyancy effects of rising hot air are so much stronger than the magnetic effects, that in earth's gravity there is essentially no effect.

11. sdelsolray

sdelsolray Well-Known Member

I think he is saying that you made mistakes everywhere.

12. TrackerSam

TrackerSam Well-Known Member Past Donor

Yes. I've been working as a radio tech most of my adult life and have experienced RF burn many times. If you touch a bare antenna while it's transmitting, you'll feel like a red hot needle penetrated flesh and bone alike and hurts like you wouldn't believe. Micowaves are high frequency radio waves as perdidochas pointed out. I don't believe there is anything unsafe about it.

13. robot

robot Active Member

Just to correct your corrections. All electromagnetic radiation is radiation of some sort. This includes visible light and microwaves. This radiation is made of photons. Microwave ovens work by heating water that is in the food.

Yes the OP is full of rubbish. Microwave ovens do not produce food that is less healthy than the same food cooked by other methods. In fact if you cook vegetables in the microwave with only a very small amount of water (say 5mm deep, no more) they are more healthy than boiled veg as water will absorb the vitamins in the food. Magnets will not directly heat food. The only way they can work is if they heat metal first and the hot metal cooks the food somehow.