Trump on Twitter 1/18/17

Discussion in 'Political Opinions & Beliefs' started by Think for myself, Jan 18, 2017.

1. Think for myself

Think for myself Well-Known Member Past Donor

Another day, another Trump tirade. This, folks, will be the president in a scant 2 days. A man so wholly insecure in himself that when facts are pointed out in news reports, namely that his involvement in some of the jobs that he claims to have created is nonexistent, he goes on a epic Twitter rant using one of his two favorites descriptors, failing (the other is overrated), to describe the source of the information.

Totally biased @NBCNews went out of its way to say that the big announcement from Ford, G.M., Lockheed & others that jobs are coming back...

to the U.S., but had nothing to do with TRUMP, is more FAKE NEWS. Ask top CEO's of those companies for real facts. Came back because of me!

Yes, that is the soon to be president of the US whining because he feels he is not getting credit he is due for (*)(*)(*)(*) he had nothing to do with.

Oh, but he goes on to cite an alleged WSJ article where he got new jobs from the Bayer Monsanto merger, but it is actually financial analysts questioning him.

The tweet.

Bayer AG has pledged to add U.S. jobs and investments after meeting with President-elect Donald Trump, the latest in a string..." @WSJ

The reality.

"St. Louis to remain the headquarters of the North American seeds business has been the plan from the start," Bernstein analyst Jeremy Redenius said Tuesday in a telephone interview.

The research spending, as well, doesn't appear new, Redenius said. Bayer and Monsanto said in a joint statement after Spicer's remarks that the "combined company expects to spend approximately $16 billion in R&D in agriculture over the next six years with at least half of this investment made in the United States."

http://www.cnbc.com/2017/01/17/bayers-pledge-to-trump-has-some-analysts-scratching-their-heads.html

So was NBC supposed to not report a financial analysts findings, his opinion, because it runs counter to Team Trump's propaganda, namely that Trump was wholly responsible for this?

Unhinged, Trump continues on his tirade and attacks NBC's morning show.

No wonder the Today Show on biased @NBC is doing so badly compared to its glorious past. Little credibility!

Man, what is this fellow going to do when something that is real happens? If this man can not handle facts being pointed out to him, how on earth is he fit to lead this nation?

2. liberalminority

liberalminority Well-Known Member

the rich weren't going to bring jobs back without the threat of tariffs backed by the lawful force of the vote from Americans.

clinton never mentioned tariffs, they would have continued to get away with outsourcing as long as the people remain ignorant.

President Trumps tweets are legitimate like always.

3. Think for myself

You did make this perpetual grump smile with that one.

However, Trump's tweets are laden with juvenile bursts of outrageous lies. To call them "legitimate like always" is simply not an accurate portrayal of them.

4. Think for myself

In an amusing update, Trump's new tweet.

Writing my inaugural address at the Winter White House, Mar-a-Lago, three weeks ago. Looking forward to Friday.

Trump posted a picture of himself writing his inaugural address. Apparently Trump sits at an empty desk, in full suit and tie, at his winter estate, writing speeches. On a notepad that appears fairly blank. With no computer. Awkward photo op.

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/821772494864580614/photo/1

5. TomFitz

TomFitz Well-Known Member

Nobody is "bringing jobs back" in response to Trump's idiotic threats.

And only the adolescent minds in Trumster world are dumb enough to believe that a Twitstorm is governing,.

6. Curious Yellow

Curious Yellow Well-Known Member

Why did you vote for him?

7. Borat

Borat Banned

Sure they are... Look at the headlines, in just a couple of months the business climate and the mentality in the country have completely changed from "Outsourcing is fantastic" to "Creating jobs in America". It's a guaranteed precursor of things to come, when the mentality changes, things start happening. Lest we forget the tariffs, border tax adjustments and other "incentives" to make things in America