I'm Alright With Trump Tweeting Stuff.

Discussion in 'Political Opinions & Beliefs' started by MVictorP, Jan 18, 2017.

1. MVictorP

MVictorP Well-Known Member

I think our present medias believe they have the task of educating people more than the task to tell them what really happenned. Condescendance.

I really, really don't give a fack about how one type of pampered elite sees the world - it will always be some kind of disconnected to me. They should apply their talents to describe facts, in the somewhat dull yet neutral manner they had when they were credible. That's what they are paid for, and paid well.

Every bit of information nowadays is also an editorial. Makes me a sad panda.

Until the medias found renewed value in fair and balanced information, for profits or by law, as long as they are an un-necessary buffer between events and the public, tainting info with conotation if not downright dishonesty, public men like Trump are right to jump the middlemen and talk directly to the people, even if it's limited to 140 chars.

I'd welcome him on this board any time. How about you?

2. Fisherguy

Fisherguy Well-Known Member

When a pampered elite acts and Tweets like a 13-year old, and is somehow moving into the White House this Friday, that is a major concern for the entire world.

3. therooster

therooster Banned

Absolutely! Obama been yapping for 8 long years, what did he even say? Who cares?

- - - Updated - - -

No, he's moving out Friday. You confused?

4. MVictorP

Trump was irrelevant pampered elite talk as well - up until the day he (will) becomes president. It then becomes a pampered elite about which you are forced to care.

He is the Event.

5. yardmeat

yardmeat Well-Known Member

I have no problem with a President tweeting or otherwise interacting directly with the public, but he needs thicker skin if he is going to do it. The whole fragile snowflake thing is already old. I had said several times during the election that I almost hope he wins, just so I don't have to hear him whine anymore . . . turns out that didn't help.

6. Seth Bullock

Seth Bullock Well-Known Member Past Donor

That and posting speeches to YouTube instead of the MSM is fine too.

7. MVictorP

The tweeting only makes these traits apparents - and I am alright with that.

I doubt his attitude will change if he ever stops tweeting.

8. yardmeat

yardmeat Well-Known Member

I agree. It is now apparent that he can't follow through with his promise that he would be able to "act presidential" once in office.

9. smallblue

smallblue Well-Known Member

I've be fine with it too, if it was actually intelligent statements befitting to position of the President of the United States of America and not the host of Celebrity Apprentice trying to boost his rating thru shock value.

Problem is, he is now the face of America. He is no longer just representing himself when he makes a stupid immature tweet, his is representing the country. His lack of class is boorish and disappointing.

10. RedWolf

RedWolf Well-Known Member

Agreed. I actually think he's more thin skinned and narcisstic then Obama and that's saying something. I don't care if he tweets but act like adult for god sake.

11. Balto

Balto Well-Known Member

Well, it will give us more to have to apologize for this retard tweeting to the world.

Is that a acceptable answer?

12. MVictorP

That's what Trump is, right not from the horse's mouth, but from the horse itself. Would you rather have hypocrisy?

Obama would have been much more popular if he tweeted.

13. Balto

Balto Well-Known Member

And have someone vent on social media? Call leaders losers, and cry he's being treated unfairly by North Korea or China. Other countries will have a field day. Most of Trump's tweets are random rants and idle threats on countries and corporations anyway.

This would be the #1 way to make us more laughable now, than Trump has already made us out to be. Or have you not seen the Trump rooster statues in China and Germany? You can't be serious. And Republicans have already given us a fair share of their hypocrisy, downplaying the investigation of foreign interference, yet beating a dead horse named Benghazi.

14. CrankyPant

CrankyPant New Member

It's unbelievable that this great country is about to install a president whose preferred style of communication is to sound like a pissy teenage brat.
    The Donald - Making America A Laughingstock.

15. CrankyPant

CrankyPant New Member

President Obama's approval ratings are currently 20-25% higher than Trump's.
    And he has 60 million more Twitter followers.
    Possible because he doesn't tweet like a whiny little beeyotch.

16. HereWeGoAgain

HereWeGoAgain Banned

I haven't met a Trumper who disapproves of anything Trump does.

Why tweets? At news conferences you get questions. Trump wants one-way communication so he can't be asked to explain himself. It is just another means of removing THE PEOPLE from the process.

By this point in time, Obama and other Presidents had given almost 20 news conferences. Trump has had one. ONE!

17. ABikerSailor

ABikerSailor Active Member

I find it interesting that Trump is going to keep his personal tweet handle and not use the one that is for the president. Maybe it is because his personal account has more followers, and he can't be seen going down in twitter followers.

But.............if he was smart.................on the day he swears in, he could COMBINE the 2 accounts by having his personal account follow the POTUS account, and then when he leaves office, he could simply un-follow the POTUS account.