Trump's Treasury Secretary forgets $100 million & Cayman Islands job

Discussion in 'Political Opinions & Beliefs' started by Ronstar, Jan 19, 2017.

1. Ronstar

Ronstar Well-Known Member Past Donor

2. JIMV

JIMV Well-Known Member Past Donor

Good luck with that bit of faux 'news'....

3. Lesh

Lesh Banned

Looks like Trump is "draining the swamp" from elsewhere and depositing it in DC

4. Ronstar

Trump picked his racist real estate lawyer to be Ambassador to Israel.

5. Hedgology

Hedgology Well-Known Member

Everyone avoids taxes; elected officials avoid taxes; we elected a man who has been avoiding them sense 1995; I think we can manage one more tax avoider.

6. toddwv

toddwv Well-Known Member Past Donor

7. Ronstar

"fake news" is the GOP codeword for news that violates the GOP narrative

8. vman12

vman12 Well-Known Member Past Donor

Did you miss the part where it as a 5000 page document he turned over?

9. Fisherguy

Fisherguy Well-Known Member

Trump's followers are perfectly happy to staff his cabinet with billionaires. They see themselves as billionaires, some day, just not this week. That's the kind of twisted logic the rest of us have to face. Trumpkins are post-reality....

10. Ddyad

Ddyad Well-Known Member

Trump's opponents have expended almost all of their energy pushing this kind of irrelevant nonsense since Trump announced his campaign. No wonder he won so easily.

11. One Mind

One Mind Well-Known Member Past Donor

The swamp is filled with these people, in fact, it would be hard to find someone who is not a part of the problem. But now we know about at least one of them. DC is filled with such people, and if you use people who know the financial sector, by working in it, you can bet they are crooks. So what is one to do? If you take your lamp and look for an honest man, you would walk yourself to death. Yet if you want to fix some things, the best people to use are the people who know how the system is gamed, and you get them to tackle it. FDR was faced with the same dilemma But wanting to drain the swamp and being able to do it are separate things. I can only wish trump luck, and since I believe he is dead serious he will do the right thing.

I knew that Obama was gonna let these crooked banksters walk free when he appointed Holder as AG. And that is what holder did, for Obama had to pay back the money coming from wall street that financed his election. This is the way DC operates today, and is part of this swamp. Too bad we do not have scores of trumps which trump could then appoint. So he had a monumental job ahead of him. If you care about our nation you will wish him luck, and then support him when he gets up to his arse in alligators as he works to drain this huge swamp. But of course the dems would rather he fail than be a success. Sick bastards that need someone to beat some sense in their empty heads. Disgusting bastards is the way this sanders supporter sees them. I wanted sanders, his kind of anti oligarchy change, but if trump will take these treasonous bastards on, I will back him all the way. For you gotta start somewhere. Trump needs to do what sanders said was essential in bringing change from a sold out congress. When he meets the inevitable resistance from both corrupt parties, he needs to go on national tv and the net and rally the people to help him pressure congress into acting in the interest of this nation instead of in the interest of few rich families. I hope he listened to sanders, which I think he did. Trump, much to the chagrin of both parties understands much more than Hillary supporters are smart enough to give him credit for in their blind tribalism. Yet I would have preferred sanders, yet trump a bull in the china shop may be what the People need right now. Might be Providence at work here.

12. cjm2003ca

cjm2003ca Active Member

Cayman islands?..isn;t there where Hillary Clinton deposited the 15 million dollars she got from el chappo and then she didn't declare it on her slush fund...

13. Ddyad

Ddyad Well-Known Member

You may be onto something there.

“It was not an isolated case. A review by The New York Times of thousands of court records and internal agency documents showed that over the last 10 years almost 200 employees and contract workers of the Department of Homeland Security have taken nearly $15 million in bribes while being paid to protect the nation’s borders and enforce immigration laws.
    These employees have looked the other way as tons of drugs and thousands of undocumented immigrants were smuggled into the United States, the records show. They have illegally sold green cards and other immigration documents, have entered law enforcement databases and given sensitive information to drug cartels. In one case, the information was used to arrange the attempted murder of an informant.
    The Times’s findings most likely undercount the amount of bribes because in many cases court records do not give a tally. The findings also do not include gifts, trips or money stolen by Homeland Security employees.” New York Times, The Enemy Within: Bribes Bore a Hole in the U.S. Border, By RON NIXON, DEC. 28, 2016.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/12/28/us/homeland-security-border-bribes.html?_r=0

Homeland security employs 250,000 - a good place for Trump to start cutting.