$1.9 billion error adds to California deficit projection

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by Professor Peabody, Jan 20, 2017.

1. Professor Peabody

Professor Peabody Well-Known Member Past Donor

Surprise, surprise! It's always easy to tell when the illegals are flooding in. There are dozens of tour buses with Spanish names on the sides all over the place. I've seen them pull into a shopping center parking lot at 2 AM where everybody piles out meet guys with several plain passenger vans. They hand him an envelope and pile on in. Seems like they get visitor visas, cross the border legally in a tour bus, then split up into vans what takes them the rest of the way to their destinations. This is the very reason I am not in favor of the border wall. Once they get here they ASAP file for as many government benefits as they can.....

http://www.dhcs.ca.gov/formsandpubs/forms/Forms/ENG_DRA_Flyer3.pdf

Read the above flyer from Medi-Cal (California's Medicaid). They are on the honor system when signing up, so if they don't have their citizenship documentation they can always bring it in later. More like NEVER!

This is why I believe making eVerify absolutely mandatory for employment and Government benefits. No more of that "If you do not have proof of citizenship and identity now, you can provide it later". If you don't pass eVerify you will hear....."Please step out of line.....NEXT!". The more scary Jerry jacks up the taxes the more flood in to soak up the newly funded programs. It has to stop. Making eVerify MANDATORY to get a job, drivers license, register to vote and when applying for ALL (city, state and federal) government benefits would put the skids on most of it. Make the cubicle mice processing the government benefits absolutely responsible that the rules are followed or it termination time.

I tried to search by the article title, but it just returned an error each time. If I duplicated an existing thread....sorry about that.

2. Texan

Texan Well-Known Member

So how long until California asks to be bailed out?

3. Professor Peabody

They need not ask the Trump administration.

4. Angrytaxpayer

Angrytaxpayer Banned

I keep hearing how great their GDP is they should have no problem bailing themselves out.

5. vman12

vman12 Well-Known Member Past Donor

Their unfunded pension debt is approaching ONE TRILLION and isn't even in the calculation.

http://www.ocregister.com/articles/pension-716785-public-nation.html

6. jthorp24

jthorp24 New Member

Would love to see that state leave.

7. Professor Peabody

8. Papastox

Papastox Well-Known Member

Gee, that's just too bad...

9. Your Best Friend

Your Best Friend Well-Known Member

It's California. An absolutely beautiful place taken over and ruined by leftists and the Trump wall should be around the state of fruits and nuts too.

10. War is Peace

War is Peace Banned

A couple billion here, a couple billion there. After a while it can add up to real money.

Just wait till Trump cuts off Federal funding to all the California "sanctuary" cities.

11. RodB

RodB Well-Known Member Donor

So, Brown can't count, either!

12. Professor Peabody

I believe that is encompassed in he can't think. When it was announced he won Governor...again, a collective groan went out from those that remembered his last disastrous Governorship.

13. Professor Peabody

I just can't wait to hear them scream. They need to cut any federal funds to Universities that claim to be sanctuary institutions.

14. JakeJ

JakeJ Well-Known Member Past Donor

California is already over ONE TRILLION in debt. Per Californian is it over 400% greater than the USA's federal national debt - and California is just a state with no expenses for military defense or many welfare programs.

15. HB Surfer

HB Surfer Well-Known Member Past Donor

This is exactly right. I am fortunate enough to have a house in Huntington Beach, CA, which is not Liberal, but it is being over run as the Federal Government forced a bunch of low income housing high rises being built here. Suddenly, we have really bad traffic and crime has went up. Thank goodness for my homes in Costa Rica and Henderson, NV. I may decide to sell out of HB, as I can get all my surfing in Costa Rica.

16. Ctrl

Ctrl Well-Known Member Past Donor

Long time no see brother wb!

17. Steve N

Steve N Well-Known Member Past Donor

What happened to California's budget surplus? Oh, that surplus existed before the election.

As California tries to raise taxes Californians can expect to hear that without those taxes they'll be raped, robbed, murdered, their homes will burn down and the kids will have no schools. I've lived there, I heard the cries myself.

18. Your Best Friend

Your Best Friend Well-Known Member

I was in the beautiful Napa Valley from the early sixties just until a couple of years ago and saw the rise and fall of California from Golden State to failed welfare
    state under a bankrupt one party ideology that has hollowed out the state and mired it a sea of red ink with makers fleeing and takers flooding in behind them.

19. Steve N

Steve N Well-Known Member Past Donor

California needs to come up with ways to attract businesses and jobs, other than giving Hollywood huge tax breaks I can't think of anything else they've tried.

20. liberalminority

liberalminority Well-Known Member

when President Trump makes America great again the property value in California will get higher from the huge wall, and it will lower in third world countries like costa rica from the tariffs.

please stay in America and consider that your real estate holdings here are a good investment, we need patriotic rich people like you to help create high wage jobs for the poor in return for lower taxes.

21. Mircea

Mircea Well-Known Member

Nation, and many others, don’t think it’s realistic to expect 7.5 percent returns on investments.

There's a theory that as Boomer's sell off their assets, the value of assets will decline by 20% or more.

https://www.cbo.gov/sites/default/files/111th-congress-2009-2010/reports/09-08_baby-boomers.pdf

22. War is Peace

War is Peace Banned

I remember a time when you could actually tell whether you were in LA or Tijuana.

23. The Wyrd of Gawd

The Wyrd of Gawd Well-Known Member

Accounting is about the only profession where there are no right or wrong answers. Whatever number the accountant comes up with is good enough. How stupid do you have to be to be off by $1.9 Billion?

24. APACHERAT

APACHERAT Well-Known Member Past Donor

As soon as there are no more Republican taxpayers left in California to support illegal aliens.

25. APACHERAT

APACHERAT Well-Known Member Past Donor

California Moonbeam stupid.

Gov, Brown had the numbers but waited until after the elections. That's how Brown and liberals do things.