Okay....now that he is President.

Discussion in 'Political Opinions & Beliefs' started by tecoyah, Jan 20, 2017.

1. tecoyah

tecoyah Well-Known Member Past Donor

Now that Donald Trump is officially POTUS and all the political BS can finally be put away. What do you seriously think about our new leader as a -person? Does he represent your values and would you be happy if the actions or attitudes were directed at your own family?

2. katzgar

katzgar Banned

He has about 200 executive orders that he's going to be doing in the first weeks so we can add up what's going to happen with this guy

3. Hedgology

Hedgology Well-Known Member

I don't think so. The Democrats aren't liking the fact that they lost the 2016 Election to Donald Trump's Twitter Account.

4. tecoyah

I take it then you like his personal life decisions and condone them?

Good to know.

5. Hedgology

I just gave you an opinion on what I think the state of politics will be after the inauguration. Any other information you've extrapolated from that view about Trump is your malfuction.

6. sawyer

sawyer Well-Known Member Past Donor

I take it then you liked Clinton's personal life decisions and condoned them? See what a stupid game you are attempting to play here?

7. Frank

Frank Well-Known Member Past Donor

He certainly does not reflect my values, Tecoyah, or the values of most people I know...INCLUDING (strangely enough) several of the people I know who enthusiastically voted for him.

I think he is a product of people who resent being governed at all. And I also think they are going to regret what they have helped to happen...regret it MAJOR LEAGUE.

I suspect we all are!

8. tecoyah

Actually it was an assumption based on your decision not to address the topic of this thread and instead sideline to something you are more comfortable with, it indicates either discomfort in dealing with it or condoning through omission.

9. tecoyah

No, I do not like HillBill but that is not the topic. I take it then that you like what Trump has done to people.

- - - Updated - - -

Thank you for the honesty.

10. katzgar

katzgar Banned

After the birther crap you can rest assured politics will not be as usual

11. Hoosier8

Hoosier8 Well-Known Member Past Donor

Well, the petulant democrats will still protest the free and fair election and bloodless transition of power. Hard to tell what they will do next.

12. Hedgology

I addressed what you wrote in the OP, and I am free to comment whatever you mentioned in the OP. If you didn't want anyone to talk about it, you should have omitted it. Ironically, the best poster on an internet forum doesn't know how to post on an internet forum.

Someone who doesn't give then answers you approve of condones Trump? Interesting. Why the president nominated you for Supreme Court justice, with your pristine observation skills?

13. sawyer

sawyer Well-Known Member Past Donor

I like Trump's policies and support him as I'm sure clintons supporters liked his policies and thus ignored his multiple affairs and oval office shenanigans. I do however think lying before Congress crossed a line that made him ineligible to be president. Talk to me when Trump does something similar.

14. YouLie

YouLie Well-Known Member

No, I never liked him as a person and never thought of him as anything other than a NY/Hollywood socialite liberal. I really don't care he's an a**hole. It's time we elect an a**hole, who will mow down everyone in our pursuit of American superiority. I'm totally ok with it. No more apologies. Just good old fashioned 'Merican ass kicking.

15. SillyAmerican

SillyAmerican Well-Known Member

And now it begins.

What do I think of soon-to-be President Trump as a person? Much better than the alternative I was presented with.
    Does he represent my values? (Sorry for the ringing echo...) Much better than the alternative I was presented with.

Would I be happy if the actions or attitudes were directed at my own family? You mean the actions of keeping jobs from leaving the country, securing the border, reducing unnecessary (over) regulation, and treating our veterans better? Why wouldn't I be?

Yes. Sad. Very, very sad.

16. PARTIZAN1

PARTIZAN1 Well-Known Member

As a person he is a low life and I base that on the way he handled the situation when that Veteran gave Trump Purple Heart medal. Trump fondled the Purple, dangled it and then said oh I always wanted one of these. That and the way Trump putting down John McCain's service to our country are enough for me to declare Trumpeizda to be nothing but a Turd.

Of he does not represent my values because I honor and value the service of all our military past, present and future. The Purple Heart is awarded posthumously to those who are killed by enemy action therefore when that Turd Trump did what he dud with that Purple Heart he figuratively spit on all who had been awarded the Purple Heart posthumously.

That act alone by Trump says it all about what type of person that Turd is.

17. tecoyah

Actually, as stated I was referring to the man vs. the policies. As in, would you be Okay with someone greeting your daughter/wife/mother in his self proclaimed manner? Would you find it offensive if someone made fun of your handicapped child? Do you see it as Okay to degrade and nlame people based entirely on religion?

The list goes on.

18. Greataxe

Greataxe Well-Known Member Past Donor

Trump is not Christ walking the Earth, but Pence is much closer to that standard. I elected a team.

When one looks at how many wives King Solomon and David took, I don't look at Trump's marriage failures as any worse.

As for his personality, he is not as big of an egotist as Mohammad Ali (I am the greatest!). He's a showman. So was FDR, Lincoln and Reagan.

19. squidward

squidward Well-Known Member

He's not a pathologic, war mongering, banking whore, neocon piece of (*)(*)(*)(*) like the Bushes, Obama and the Clintons, so it's an improvement

20. perotista

perotista Well-Known Member Past Donor

Trump is still an enigma to me. So I will wait and see how he performs before making any judgments. I don't really trust him, but I didn't trust Clinton either. But until Trump has had to to act, to perform, I think one should keep an open mind. Regardless of that, I am leery of him, but hope for the best. I think how Trump proceeds on those issues most Americans think as important will define his presidency. Here is Gallup listing those issues.

http://www.gallup.com/poll/202691/i...utm_content=morelink&utm_campaign=syndication

Notice only four issues do more than half of all Americans think is very important, they are:
    % Very important
    Enact a major spending program to strengthen infrastructure 69%
    Reduce income taxes for all Americans 54%
    Establish tariffs on foreign imports 51%
    Deport the more than 2 million illegal immigrants who have committed crimes 51%

Not exactly as Clinton supporters would have one think outside of our infrastructure. But her supporters are right on building the wall which only 26% of all Americans supports. Repeal and Replacement of Obamacare, 46% which is nearly 50-50.

So we shall see what he does, when and how.

21. ButterBalls

ButterBalls Well-Known Member

I don't understand why you guys "Beat around the bush" with these ridiculous lead in question threads when all they are is baited nonsense so you can accuse other of things they don't say. Really the mods need to get a handle on this type of baiting!

22. PARTIZAN1

PARTIZAN1 Well-Known Member

What is sad is how easily some peoplecaccept the lessor of two evils.

The fact that Hillary was a POS does not make Trump's behavior any better. Trump sill behaves like a Turd.

23. PrincipleInvestment

PrincipleInvestment Well-Known Member

"It is unfortunate" is the title of the thread you created 1/15, and to which I had just replied to, today. What a charade. So many liberals hyper-critical assessments of Trumps "pivoting" on his positions, practice the same tactics on this forum daily. 1/15 you claim to be disappointed in "degradation" today you try to assert your moral superiority through inuendo ... pointless.

"edit" corrected to reflect date of OP "It is unfortunate" ...

24. Borat

Borat Banned

What difference does it make what he is as a person, that's Melania's problem and his subordinates, and none is complaining.

The Republican party never cared about the working people, the Democrats have sold out and betrayed the working people, the middle class and the poor.

Trump ran on a populist America first, drain the swamp platform, and that's why we supported him on the election day. He was hired to do a job and his sunny personality is of no concern to us, in fact we want a pro american bulldog in the WH, not another mr. Spineless nice guy or Mrs. stay the course, pay back the donors establishment creature.

25. Papastox

Papastox Well-Known Member

You must have specific values in mind, otherwise, you wouldn't have started this thread. Spell them out....