Liberals! What are your Beliefs as to Why You Are So Far Out of Power?

Discussion in 'Political Opinions & Beliefs' started by HB Surfer, Jan 20, 2017.

1. HB Surfer

HB Surfer Well-Known Member Past Donor

Liberals! What are your Beliefs as to Why You Are So Far Out of Power?

Presidency: Donald Trump

Senate: Republican with obvious gains in 2018

Congress: Overwhelmingly Republican

Governorships: (33) Republican / (16) Democratic / (1) Independent

State Houses: (32) Republican / (12) Democratic / (6) Split

Democrats / Liberals are far far out of power. So the question is why? Is everyone just racist? stupid? Or is it something else? Please share with everyone, if you are a Liberal "Why?".

2. cupAsoup

cupAsoup Well-Known Member

Simple. Our education system is a joke and the country is full of people with low intelligence who consistently vote against their interests. Welcome to the era of stupid where all you have to do is donate a few hundred million to campaigns and causes like gay conversion therapy to become the secretary of education. Holding a job in an actual school is not a prerequisite.

3. Balto

Balto Well-Known Member

People tend to forget America is a progressive nation, not a nationalistic one. The reason liberals were put out of power is not because of their ideas, Trump was elected off of emotion, its quite honestly I believe because people are afraid of progress. There were enough red flags during the last Bush presidency that should have shown everyone in America that a Republican majority fails. But it is obvious people have forgotten that lesson.

4. HB Surfer

Americans are dumb (+1 Liberal Vote)
    Public Educations sucks (+1 Liberal Vote)

Thanks for your input.

5. Hoosier8

Hoosier8 Well-Known Member Past Donor

Of course the education system is overwhelmingly liberal. Just sayin.

- - - Updated - - -

Easy, after Nov 9th, 2016.....RUSSIA!

6. HB Surfer

Americans are emotional and not thoughtful (+1 Liberal vote)

(I don't think that explains the Governorships too, but it's your call, not mine.)

- - - Updated - - -

Mr.! You do not count! You are not a Liberal.

I am here to step back and let Liberals have their say. Go for it Lefties, why are your leaders and ideas out of favor?

7. Balto

Balto Well-Known Member

You should ask the people of Kansas how well a Republican governorship has worked out for them.....
    Or the embarrassment of a governor the people of Maine have.

At the end of the day, not just liberals, but progressives as well, hold dear to 21st Century American values. They understand the importance of globalism, and the fact healthcare is a human right, not that if you bow to capitalists, you'll get your medication.

8. cupAsoup

Some Americans are dumb.
    It's about to get a whole lot suckier with the clown in chief's appointment to the department of education.

Any time.

9. cupAsoup

The majority of educators are liberal. It must have to do with being educated. Just sayin. Meanwhile, the secretary of ED. has never held a job in a school. Welcome to the era of stupid!

10. ArmySoldier

ArmySoldier Well-Known Member Past Donor

Power shifts happen every few years. It has nothing to do with that. That's an excuse.

11. Hoosier8

Hoosier8 Well-Known Member Past Donor

Those who can, do. Those who can't, teach. Just sayin.

12. Lil Mike

Lil Mike Well-Known Member

So far, from this thread I've learned that the reason the Democrats are out of power is because Americans are dumb and emotional.

Frankly, I like where this is going. I'm hoping you guys work that into a campaign theme for 2018.

13. Balto

Balto Well-Known Member

Emotion drove the Trump vote, there was some emotion in the Clinton vote, but not as much.

Clinton understood what Trump could not. The feeling of safety, and upholding American values,

14. EggKiller

EggKiller Well-Known Member

You claim educators are educated yet also claim they cannot perform thier job? WTF

15. wgabrie

wgabrie Well-Known Member Donor

They voted for Trump because he was an interesting character. And America is broken politically. So they voted straight Republican to give them a chance.

This was a chance swing. It could have easily swung to the left after Republicans shut down the government over budgeting quarrels in the Senate. One or the other group was going to win a majority.

But with the transgender bathroom thing people no longer felt safe with the direction Democrats were taking us, especially women.

And there were all the division groups like black lives matter and thugs roaming the streets protesting police and rioting and looting.

In a few years things might swing back towards Democrats but two things need to happen.
    1. Democrats need to learn their lesson about supporting anti-society fringe groups, and
    2. the Republicans will loose out if they make mistakes and Americans are in a worse position in a few years of their rule.

16. Lil Mike

I'm sure you can think of many other reasons that don't make sense.

17. Balto

Balto Well-Known Member

What you quoted was one of the most sensible reasons out there.

We got Retarded Trump, Retarded Pence, and officially being able to be ashamed of being American. Any other accomplishments you'd like to befall upon America?

18. Lil Mike

I just want you to keep posting your "sensible reasons." We'll probably get a lot of entertainment value for weeks to come.

19. Pollycy

Pollycy Well-Known Member

What? You're blaming the withering defeats that Democrats have had on the American Education Industry?! How?! The whole damned thing is staffed, managed, and run by liberal Democrats! C'mon, I dare you -- just try to name a more radically über-liberal power-group in the Democrat establishment today than these damned teachers' unions and school district administrators! I dare you! :roflol: They've all but completely wrecked the quality of education in the United States starting almost forty years ago!

Afterthought: want to have a truly disheartening experience? Have some casual wide-ranging conversation sometime with an American school teacher. The vast landscape of all that they do not know, and all that they completely misunderstand and misinterpret is astounding!

20. logical1

logical1 Well-Known Member Past Donor

Having lost so much in the way of political power both in Washington, and across the country, it should be apparent to everyone that democrats are so far away from mainstream American thinking, they will have to have search parties to find them.

21. FrankCapua

FrankCapua Well-Known Member Past Donor

Who has been in charge of the education system that has brought us to this state of affairs?

22. HB Surfer

It is a valid point you have made, I was hoping more Liberals to stand up and state why they are out of power. I appreciate those that did.

I can only surmise those not speaking up agree with those that had the courage to do so.

(1) Americans are stupid

I don't think that message is going to work for you Liberals. Also, if true, then what does that say about the election of Barack Obama? Were they "smart" then? How about the Senate, Congress, Governerships, and State Houses?

23. perdidochas

perdidochas Well-Known Member

8 years ago they were saying the above about Republicans--that we were out of power and would never get it back. They were wrong, and you are short-sighted. We have marginal majorities in the House and Senate, and in 2 years, we could have no majorities in either or just one (or greater majorities). Silly to crow so much when we lost the popular vote and had a net loss in seats in both House and Senate.Congress isn't as Republican as it was two years ago..... We've got work to do if we want to stay in power.

24. perdidochas

perdidochas Well-Known Member

And those who inherit usually can do neither. The proposed Secretary of Education, from what I can see, never did an honest day of work in her life. She's an heiress who married a rich man.

25. atheiststories

atheiststories Active Member

Trump did it. He captured the working class vote, which is typically reserved for the democrats because democrats support unions. That and Republicans are stupid. They'll vote for anyone who is republican... then again, so will most democrats lol. Either way, Trump was traditional republican talking points + working class vote. And everyone knows that the economy is going to rock over the next couple of years, so we might have to deal with 8 years of the guy. Then again, there may be giant losses due to his policies.