Dear President Trump,

Discussion in 'Political Opinions & Beliefs' started by Gatewood, Jan 20, 2017.

1. Gatewood

Gatewood Well-Known Member

Forget about your leftist critics. They are not important since they not only are out of political power very nearly across the board but also due to the fact that they have made themselves irrelevant in the eyes of the average citizen due to all the rioting and acts of violence they have performed since your election.

Leftists are now irrelevant. You are, however, answerable to the citizens who voted for you. Probably a third of us voted for you simply so that Hillary Clinton would not become president. We voted for you but we are not your devoted anything. We are your most important critics. You better not screw this up.

That’s the deal that you’d best keep in mind, because we are fed up not only with eight years of having radical and – frankly – insane leftists defecate all over this nation but we are fed up with the ‘go along to get along’ RINOs in the Legislative Branch as well. You, Mr. Trump were elected to effect changes that WE can believe in, and – take this to the bank – we are both a critical and unforgiving bunch. We don’t just expect you to try like hell to keep most of your campaign promises to us and to this nation, we damn well DEMAND it of you.

There will be no free rides and no automatic guarantee of our support come 2020. If you want us to vote for you a second time then you have four years to earn that support.

That’s all I have to say, except that you had better NOT have been yanking our chain. Do not . . . mess . . . with . . . us.

2. Vernan89188

Vernan89188 Well-Known Member

Heh...nice try...we are going to get exactly...EXACTLY what is coming to us.

I would have preferred anyone...to Trump...a vacant seat even.
    Republicans own... no wait, actually real republicans fought this... Alt-rights! yep them, own everything from this point forward.

Only you can effect changes you believe in...asking any president to do that is just naive.
    Fixing a broken economy a previous administration screwed up is one thing, and despite all the push back, former President Obama did that nicely..but we all know this crap Trump supporters want to rewind to...it's laughable really...
    He got alot of the naive vote I guess.

Nice try though :) I am not Irrelevant.

Funny stuff... "insane leftist" "defecate all over this nation" heh if anything, If many couldn't make it these last 6 years in the growing economy...nothing Trump does is gonna improve that...that is unless some prefer working double overtime with no mandatory time and a half regulation in factory's/manufacturing...hell bringing those jobs back would require getting rid of min wage as well correct? Some thought part time at $15 was bad huh?

Guess some live to work rather then actually work to live. Oh well.

3. Conviction

Conviction Well-Known Member

Agreed. And I think Trump will deliver.

If he does what he says he will, we will reinvigorate the economy and invest in every American, and to empower them.

We need to be firm, with how his economic policies will benefit all Americans. And don't let left steal our economy boom because "Obama laid the foundation"

4. Gatewood

Yes, so far as President-elect Trump has been doing the right things; but now that he's president, now he flat out has to produce. I will have a sense of who and what he really is as the chief executive at the end of his first 100 days in office.

5. Conviction

Indeed. It would be nice to have an accountable media to help keep him accountable. But this is luxury we do not have. They've been proven useless.

6. Gatewood

Alas, I agree. One is forced to ignore what the big three broadcast networks report since they are as much in the pocket of the DNC as MSNBC. Also Fox News has essentially become full blown RINO, being so anti-Trump on the whole that they have tossed Fair and Balanced out the window where he is concerned. Pretty much only Sean Hannity sticks to the truth where Trump is concerned and he is an editorialist and an entertainer, not a hard news guy.

7. Conviction

I used to be a Larry Kudlow guy. Lou Dobbs is not bad, but its slim pickin's to be sure.

We are going to learn a lot about fox these next few years.

8. Conviction

What's your take on this Carlson guy? A lot of people like him.

Greta is with MSNBC, too. It will be curious to see how the media shifts.

9. After Hours

After Hours Well-Known Member

Considering the fact that Trump received roughly the same amount of support, give or take, that previous GOP candidates such as Bush, McCain, and Romney did, DESPITE being the least popular Republican candidate ever, the chances of Trump losing support among his low information supporters is VERY slim, even if he manages to crap all over the nation like most people expect him to.

GOP voters would vote for Daffy Duck over any Democrat. Hell, if Hillary Clinton wasn't as old as she is, she could have probably waited 8 years and ran as a GOP candidate in 2024 spouting the same drivel Trump did, and she would in fact likely WIN the nomination. Heck, if Trump could spend his entire life being a liberal, and suddenly pretend to be a conservative in his late 60's to fool a bunch of right wing zombies, who says Clinton couldn't?

All that said, what Trump really needs to worry about is those Democrat voters who didn't vote for Clinton in 2016. The ONLY reason Trump won is because Hillary lost support from key Democrat voting blocs that Obama had, particularly in battle ground states that Trump managed to win by razor thin margins. If those Democrats come back to support the Dem nominee in 2020...then Trump is toast. Of course, this is assuming the Democrats don't screw up and force another bad candidate down the throats of their voters. Then again, if Trump takes massive p!ss all over the nation, it may not matter WHO the Democrats run, they'll win any way.

- - - Updated - - -

You guys are going to be shrieking "FAKE News!" like the good little Trump voters every time the media reports on his failures, eh?

10. An Old Guy

An Old Guy Well-Known Member

This is so sad, you will be disappointed. It is inevitable, as once someone so unfamiliar with public service is about to embark on a public service mission will find, it isn't as easy as one might have thought. I wish Trump the best but he is woefully ill equipped for this role. Ironically, the big question is who will he anger more - the Democrats or the Republicans.

11. After Hours

it would be amusing that if at the end of four years Trump ended up being favored more by Democrats than Republicans. He did spend most of his life being a liberal. But considering who he is surrounding himself with, and the fact that conservatives were the ones who put him into office, I'm afraid he'll govern like a typical Republican president because he basically has no other choice. Which, if the last few GOP presidents are any indication...will be a disaster. Then again, with Trump, you never know. But let's pray he doesn't get impeached or something happens to his health...because if that happens we are stuck with Pence, who is 500 times worse than Trump.

12. SuperfluousNinja

SuperfluousNinja Member

So what metrics will you be looking at? Be specific!

13. After Hours

most of them will be drooling over the articles at right wing rag websites such as "Breitbart" and "The Blaze" for "information" on how Trump is doing. When the rest of the media points out his failures, they'll just cover their ears and shriek "Fake News!".

14. An Old Guy

An Old Guy Well-Known Member

LOL, I hope Trump stays healthy. I agree, the thought of Pence becoming president is abhorrent however I do not believe Trump will finish his first term. He will resign or be impeached - and we are left with Pence. No matter which, it is a disaster......

15. Steady Pie

Steady Pie Well-Known Member Past Donor

Realignment in media will occur. It has to or the main networks will lose viewership. MSNBC will continue its journey to the far left, CNN will take up a facade of "real news", Fox will alternately defend the President from the left and attack him from the neo-con right, etc.

Tbh I'll be watching mostly MSM as their heads exploding is just too damn fun.

16. Genius

Genius Active Member

I'm going to like and support everything he does simply because he will be doing it to better America.

17. Ronstar

Ronstar Well-Known Member Past Donor

Democrats still have the filibuster against SCOTUS judges and non-budgetary bills.

that's a lot of power, and we will gladly use it to (*)(*)(*)(*) Trump's agenda if he forces us

18. After Hours

you may be right. Then again, I believe it's possible that we will be living with a Pence presidency any way, as I suspect Trump wanted the "title" of the president more than the actual Job. Pence will probably be running the show behind closed doors, pulling Trump's strings, and Trump will just be the mouthpiece pushing Pence's agenda. If that's the case we are REALLY screwed.

19. Marcus Moon

Marcus Moon New Member

Honestly, I cannot tell how well equipped he is, nor do I think anyone can. None of the last three presidents were ever public servants, but rather they were self-serving politicians. Obama and W. Bush were both disasters, despite experience in government. With Trump, I suspect it will primarily come down to the people to whom he delegates particular tasks and missions. Administering through delegation is Trump's wheelhouse, and that may be the most important requirement for a successful presidency.

It is hard to tell how he will do, or who he will tick off the most.

For example, a lot of his plan for his first hundred days is right from the Bernie Sanders playbook (term limits, lobbyist restrictions, etc.) and those things are going to tickoff the entire political establishment, Republicans and Democrats alike. I think he will have a hard time getting ANYONE on either side of the aisle in Congress to support term limits with anything other than lip service.

On the other hand, I think he has a lot to offer both Republican and Democratic voters. He said, "It does not matter which party controls our government, but whether our government is controlled by the people."

That is something that I think all voters can support, regardless of party.

20. robini123

robini123 Well-Known Member

Dear President Trump. Represent us all or risk loosing the House and the Senate during the midterms and being hamstrung for the remainder of your Presidency.

21. AmericanNationalist

AmericanNationalist Well-Known Member

How effective was Ted Cruz's filibuster? *crickets*. Yeah, he just wasted nearly a day of his life. The filibuster used to be meaningful, now it's just a delay tactic.

22. Brewskier

Brewskier Well-Known Member

And how's he going to represent the conservatives who put him in office and the far-left radicals currently smashing buildings and setting things on fire in DC?

23. Sam Bellamy

Sam Bellamy Well-Known Member

You can't go on the internet without seeing a new story on the hour about how terrible Trump is as a President. The media jackals and you snowflakes must be freakin nostrildumbass's

24. therooster

therooster Banned

I just hope he never ever trusts those progressive liberal Democrats. They will never do what they say. It is proven they will do anything to get the means .

25. After Hours

Did you ever think the reason why you see so many news stories about how terrible Trump is...is because he really IS terrible?