White House press secretary attacks media for accurately reporting inauguration crowd

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by 3link, Jan 21, 2017.

1. 3link

3link Well-Known Member Past Donor

http://money.cnn.com/2017/01/21/media/sean-spicer-press-secretary-statement/

I think this pretty much demonstrates what we have to look forward to in the next four years. Republicans are convinced of one thing at all times: they are victims. This is why they relate so well with Trump--the biggest victim and greatest hero of all time. Trump thinks the media treated him unfairly yesterday by downplaying the size of the crowd. I don't know about anyone else, but I wasn't even thinking about the size of the crowd as I watched CNN's coverage. It looked pretty big to me. I just assumed it was a good turnout.

But Trump had to go on the offensive anyway by claiming that the LIEberal media downplayed the size of the turnout. Trump even went so far as to claim that his crowd was bigger than Obama's--claims which this article shows are completely false.

So why is Trump going on the offensive even though he really has nothing to be "offended" about? Because his supporters like to think they are victims, too. Victims of the LIEberal media. It's how they delude themselves into ignoring facts.

2. WillReadmore

WillReadmore Well-Known Member

He's the most thin skinned narcissistic egomaniac I've ever seen in a leadership position in America.

All he has to talk about is the size of his crowd!

Unbelievable.

Jason Bourne likes this.
  3. Ronstar

Ronstar Well-Known Member Past Donor

Spicer sounds sooo butthurt.

:)

4. One Mind

One Mind Well-Known Member Past Donor

Trump and patriotic americans do not see themselves as victims. They will not be a victim. Trump knows he is not gonna get a fair shake from msm. Their bias is so overt as to be absurd...for they are supposed to be journalists, not advocates for the establishment. So, knowing they are coming after him, he does a preemptive strike, and willl probably be fighting their lies and dishonesty for his entire term. As he should, since they are anti trump. Hopefully CNN will go under in a couple years.

5. Borat

Borat Banned

LOL, if a CNN article says CNN and liberal media aren't biased, then they aren't, no doubt if they were, they'd readily admit their bias.... The fact that this unbiased cnn article about unbiased non-liberal media "forgets" to mention the MLK bust anti-Trump lie and smear is merely an irrelevant detail and certainly not media bias cause the article says it does not exist.

You libs and your irrelevant media that cost you the election are a riot. :roflol:

6. HTownMarine

HTownMarine Well-Known Member Past Donor

That's not what he did at all.

Classic CNN.

7. 3link

3link Well-Known Member Past Donor

Just quoting this piece because it's so hilarious. HE'S NOT A VICTIM!11 EXCEPT WHEN HE IS.

8. randlepatrickmcmurphy

randlepatrickmcmurphy Well-Known Member

It's either that or he will talk about the size of his yuuuuuuuuuge.........hands.:smile:

9. Eyeswideopen1989

Eyeswideopen1989 Banned

More nonsense fueled not by truth, or reason but simply a hatred for trump.

10. Margot2

Margot2 Banned

Trump has a long, long history of playing the victim.. or perhaps he really believes his is. IMO CNN has made a mistake.. They should air his press conference.. the grandiosity the exaggerations and his accusations against them. Let it stand and let the American people see for themselves.

11. doombug

doombug Well-Known Member

The crowd thing was just an example of how dishonest the media is. Spicer also brought up how the media made false claims about a MLK bust in the White house. I see how these idiots in the media are spinning their own spun stories. I am glad to see President Trump not taking their garbage.

12. therooster

therooster Banned

Tell your media gods to stop making stuff up. You see when you lie your credibility suffers . How many lies must the free Press be caught in before you sense a problem ?

13. notme

notme Well-Known Member

Indeed. The press got caught photo shopping out them 100.000's of bikers for Trump! lol

14. garry17

garry17 Well-Known Member

Honestly, is this all there is to discuss??? We are all well aware the Media embellish the news so the everyday people buy their product. But seriously, I would have thought the President of the USA has far more to be concerned with. After all the nations is apparently so fractured that it will take a good president to fix it and America is weakened so much that it must withdraw from the global scene to build itself anew.

and it appears the first thing is to force the media to toe the line... seriously... What a waste of time

15. ChiefSeattle

ChiefSeattle New Member

That's all he really cares about; his own image.

- - - Updated - - -

Where is the proven lie?

16. notme

notme Well-Known Member

It wouldn't be such a deal, it Trump didn't react to it. I think he claimed even he had more ppl there than Obama. So now it's much more, who can we trust? The media, or the President. Because it's obvious that somebody is lying.

17. superbadbrutha

superbadbrutha Banned

So in other words the Trump Administration is trying to bully the press. Bad move.

18. The Original Birther

The Original Birther New Member

Obviously trumpbots are on overdrive to falsify claims of actual facts....

19. lemmiwinx

lemmiwinx Well-Known Member Past Donor

A better thread title would've been "White House press secretary attacks media for attacking Trump".

20. The Original Birther

The Original Birther New Member

A picture is worth a thousand words or in this case a Spicer meltdown....
    [​IMG]

21. Hoosier8

Hoosier8 Well-Known Member Past Donor

LOL, day one the media pushed how large the crowds were at Obama's inauguration. The media is having an awe full time and may not recover from their liberal bias.

22. Fisherguy

Fisherguy Well-Known Member

Ha ha, nobody knows how to play the victim card more than the white crowd supporting Trump. And he plays to them at every stop. Watch how more erratic he becomes, and assumes a bunker mentality. This entire country will want to be rid of him within six months.

23. Deckel

Deckel Well-Known Member Past Donor

This whole penis measuring contest on crowd size between both sides is really insane. It is disheartening that Trump appears more concerned with the showmanship than he does governing, but it is also sad that the press is so obsessed with this particular aspect of things considering there are so many political issues that they could be discussing that have actual relevance to the lives of Americans.

Trump didn't turn out as many people on a rainy day as Obama did on a sunny one. BFD. :roll:

24. ChiefSeattle

ChiefSeattle New Member

I think the title should have been "Press Secretary gets the numbers wrong".

25. Eyeswideopen1989

Eyeswideopen1989 Banned

I am sure you hope as much. But this is no more than your own hatred and intolerance, hoping that you will get a chance to be even more hateful and intolerant.