George Will out- Nigel Farage In

Discussion in 'Media & Commentators' started by Lil Mike, Jan 22, 2017.

1. Lil Mike

Lil Mike Well-Known Member

Maybe the Trumpening is taken hold of never-Trump Fox News.

Noted Never-Trumper George Will is not having his Fox contract renewed. And former UKIP leader and Trump ally Nigel Farage is getting a Fox contract.

I think this is a case of Fox News bowing to reality and deciding to follow it's audience, or risk losing them.

2. Balto

Balto Well-Known Member

Nice joke. Fox News is a Pro-Trump network, Roger Ailes advising Trump on the campaign. This move is not surprising in the least. Adding another far-righter to the network. The audience Fox News broadcasts to are nationalists, which tinkers with fascism.

3. lemmiwinx

lemmiwinx Well-Known Member Past Donor

Looks like Fox news is not happy just being number one they want to destroy the competition. Couple this news with Tucker Carlson replacing she who bleeds out of her "whatever" and they're well on their way.

4. Lil Mike

Lil Mike Well-Known Member

The Republican Party is not yet a populist nationalist party, and the GOP establishment isn't that by a long shot. So I think you're jumping the gun a bit on that. As far as fascism goes, haven't we seen enough of that from you guys during your Inaugural Day Kristalnacht? In the current year, the brownshirts wear black shirts. That's your guys.

5. Seth Bullock

Seth Bullock Well-Known Member Past Donor

Good. George Will represents "permanent Washington" and everything that's wrong with it. He is certainly entitled to his opinions on things, but who and what he represents is the question. I think he represents a small minority of Republicans, the very faction that was so soundly defeated in the primaries. So if I am Fox News and I want a pundit to discuss things from the Republican side, George Will is not my man because, clearly, he doesn't represent rank and file Republicans.