Some interesting revelations about the NRA

Discussion in 'Political Opinions & Beliefs' started by navigator2, Jan 22, 2017.

1. navigator2

navigator2 Banned

I'm a pro guns rights citizen, always have been. For some time I contributed to the NRA. Then I realized they were endorsing Harry Reid. I immediately stopped, and when the phone rang requesting more I told them no and why. Obama was the biggest fund raiser for the org ever and should have been nominated "Man of the Year" by the firearms and ammo industry each year he was in office. :roflol:

Now with no threat from the gun snowflakes in the foreseeable future, sell those stocks pronto! My phone has been blowing up lately since the election, I'm guessing with the threat of gun snatchers drying up, membership is waning. There is still a need for them, just not an imminent one. Hopefully they don't go the way of the Clinton Foundation................ extinct. :grin:

2. HereWeGoAgain

HereWeGoAgain Banned

No kidding! It shows what a bunch of damned fools the Obama haters are. He was never a threat to the second amendment and he said so all along.

I too am a 2nd amendment supporter, a lifelong gun owner, a former member of the NRA, an Independent, and an Obama lover.

Why an Obama lover: I care about facts and I didn't lose my mind.

I also campaigned for Reagan and Perot.

3. HereWeGoAgain

HereWeGoAgain Banned

The real threat to the 2nd Amendment was the amendment itself. It was unclear if it was meant to protect the private ownership of guns. Only during the Obama administration did the SC rule on this. It was for the first time decided that private gun ownership is a protected right.
    I've given a half dozen public speeches making this argument beginning in the 8th grade. I'm glad the SC finally caught up with me! :D

It's sad that the right wing has gone over a cliff on this. It makes all gun owners look like idiots.

4. navigator2

navigator2 Banned

Actually Obama talked tough about gun control and would have signed a lot of anti-gun legislation if he had congressional support. It was Obama that coined "clinging to guns and religion". He threatened to use executive orders for such things as magazine limitations but never did. Why, I'm not sure, maybe because the Dems were afraid of being slaughtered further in the Senate and House elections. Guess we'll never know that, but the fear of Obama's pen and phone kept gun and ammo sales soaring.

5. Balto

Balto Well-Known Member

Taking down the NRA would be a good accomplishment, and a running start for the reformation of the democratic party. The fact membership is waning is brilliant news, the next step is to cut off funding for the NRA.

6. navigator2

navigator2 Banned

The NRA has been in existence for quite a long time. Their visible presence won't be necessary again for quite a while, but they will continue to exist. The gun alarmists and 2nd amendment haters have effectively been shut down a minimum of 4 years, probably 2 decades. The slaying of the Beast and alignment of the SCOTUS was BIGLY! :clapping:

7. Fisherguy

Fisherguy Well-Known Member

Fear is the biggest salesman of all, and the NRA demonizing Obama and Hillary made the gun industry billions. You people never learn, do you? Any day, they were going to knock on your door and confiscate 330 million guns. Any day...It was never said who was going to knock on your door, of course. But it doesn't matter, to the paranoid. They are out there, waiting to get you.

8. navigator2

navigator2 Banned

Have that conversation with a gun owning Aussie. Then get back to us.

9. Maccabee

Maccabee Well-Known Member

Now is not the time to relax. Now its time to go on the offensive. The NRA should be even more hardcore than it is now. The moment we let our guard down the anti gunners will strike back with a vengeance.

10. mbk734

mbk734 Well-Known Member

The NRA is currently pushing for the right to bear rocket launchers. They will then be pushing for ICBM's.

11. Bowerbird

Bowerbird Well-Known Member

What he wanted, and what most of us posting in the gun control forum want, is a reduction in the mass shooting rate

Too many innocent victims

12. Bowerbird

Mack - you been listening to me about who brought in gun control here ?:D.

Yeah - here it was an ultra conservative (by our standards at least) John Howard who enacted the Federal gun reform

With Trumps penchant and prediliction for grandstanding I can see him emulating Howard as a way to enter his own name into history irrevocably

13. navigator2

navigator2 Banned

Meh...........the most mass shootings were occurring in his own backyard, his hood. Chicago.............by people who were criminals with illegal firearms. No amount of laws will fix that. Someone from Australia has no clue about restrictive firearms law. lmao The worse you have to worry about are bows, arrows, and spears from the crazies in your country. :roflol: Thank God for the 2nd amendment, it's there to protect the innocent. Ever hear the statement, when guns are outlawed, only outlaws will have guns? That rings true in this country. No idea what happens in your bush country.

14. Bowerbird

Since 1996 we have only had one mass shooting before that about one a year

15. navigator2

navigator2 Banned

Gun ownership is more than about safe spaces. The majority of gun owners are highly responsible citizens. Taking away guns in the US only helps criminals. The second amendment is in place for an entirely different reason anyway. It is in place to protect the populace from a tyrannical government. We do not care what globalists believe, and the recent election affirms this.

16. 1up2down

1up2down New Member

i love the NRA. They have their ups and downs but when the chips are down they step up.

JPFO is excellent as well.

LOL..... also Tom Selleck and Kurt Russel

Charlton Heston is a god who graced our presence while he was with us. I believe he might have provided some divine intervention on election night.

17. ButterBalls

ButterBalls Well-Known Member

Well brother, there are members and there are members of crisis. Sort of like the folks that only attend mass or Sunday services when a love one is sick or that one time a year on xmass.

But thanks for your contribution and glad we could provide you with some reassurance :applause:

18. Bowerbird

True but what stops your criminals getting those guns? Here - you own a gun you are RESPONSIBLE for that gun not falling into criminal hands

So, here at least, an aspiring crim cannot easily get their hands on a gun - they can't walk down a street yelling "gun! Gun! Wanna buy me a a GUN!!"

So, organised crime can get some guns but even there there are restrictions. To buy a high powered weapon illegally is thousands of dollars - more than you would earn unless you have a really really good plan

19. navigator2

navigator2 Banned

I've never sold a gun. Traded up on a few, but never sold any. Most of the ones used in crimes are STOLEN, or cheap assed saturday night specials. Hardly the guns used for mass murders. 99% of all gun murders are with guns that couldn't shoot straight enough to kill a rabbit at 20 paces. Guns that are used by thugs for killing other thugs. So it's kind of a wash.

20. 1up2down

1up2down New Member

Americans have a love for guns and weapons in general that a lot of other countries will probably never understand. We dont look at them as evil killing devices. More a tool of Freedom and Liberty. Most owners carry now. Its not as much out of fear.... we just love guns. Its in our genes.

We (citizen gun owners) are not a violent bunch though. If we were there would not be anyone left here. In fact I think the citizens gun owners of the united states (and maybe canada) are some of the most peaceful people on the planet. We pack a lot of firepower. My daily carry load is almost 50rds of 40s&w. Plus a shotgun in the trunk.

I mean..... the citizens have A LOT of firepower in the USA. Considering the size and population density we are ridiculously safe. Once in a while we have a bad apple though. Usually they are criminals.

You aussies are a cool bunch in my book though. I watch Patrick Rafter matches every day. Rod Laver is the greatest tennis player to ever walk on a court IMO. I wonder why he lives here now...maybe he is a gun lover. Great history in your country and great people. Maybe after globalism is defeated we can help you get your gun rights back. Its a shame they were taken from you. I think your culture is more than responsible enough to own any guns you want. Same for England.

21. CrankyPant

CrankyPant New Member

The NRA used to be dedicated to gun safety and education and responsible ownership. But somewhere around 1980 a bunch of conservative political operatives got hold of it and turned it into a lobbying organization for gun and ammo manufacturers. Their underlying purpose is to flood the streets with as many guns as possible. They make the occasional token stab at sounding responsible, but in reality they're working hard to make sure that every criminal, drunk, mental misfit, and potential terrorist can get their hands on unlimited weaponry.
    The US has the worst gun violence problem of any civilized nation, and you can blame a good chunk of that on the NRA.
    And no, the Clinton Foundation is not going anywhere. They'll continue to save millions of lives around the world.

22. 1up2down

1up2down New Member

LOL... yeah the NRA is a terrorist organization.

Do me a favor. Dont become a gun owner.

NRA still is involved in gun safety and education and always has been. they are one of the best Rights groups on the planet.

23. navigator2

navigator2 Banned

The Clinton Foundation is toast. Finito. The powers that donated millions and millions will dry up now that there is no "pay for play" carrot. Mark it. Even Snopes says in business "for now". Not a ringing endorsement by one of the most leftist fact checking sites ever put together.:roflol:

24. JakeJ

JakeJ Well-Known Member Past Donor

In fact, Obama tried to backdoor outlaw ALL private gun ownership via a UN resolution and treaty, which the US Senate would not ratify or even allow a vote on. When asked what he most regretted not accomplishing, President Obama's response was failure to pass anti-gun legislation. His #1 regret.

That means I don't believe you are a "pro gun rights citizen."

25. 1up2down

1up2down New Member

Hillary will be asking Donald for a spot on the apprentice before its over