Place you're Bets

Discussion in 'Political Opinions & Beliefs' started by Scampi, Jan 22, 2017.

1. Scampi

Scampi Active Member

Odds on Donald Trump being impeached shorten amid flurry of bets on President-elect not serving full term
    Ladbrokes opened market on Trump leaving office early by impeachment or resignation at 3-1 but has twice cut its price as punters pile in
    Odds on the businessman-turned-politician getting impeached or resigning before the end of his term of office have halved with Ladbrokes, which opened its market at 2-1 in the wake of his election. The price has since come in to evens.

2. Lil Mike

Lil Mike Well-Known Member

That's one of my 2017 predictions. There will be articles of impeachment drawn up in committee. They are probably in draft form right now. I just don't think they are going to get the vote to take it to the House this year.

3. undertheice

undertheice Well-Known Member

i'm curious what, in your estimation, the grounds for impeachment would be. treason? bribery? high crimes or misdemeanors? not a shred of evidence has ever been put forward that president trump would even be prone to such actions. a lot of wild accusations have been tossed around by partisan hacks and there has been much ado about nothing where his private sector enterprises have been concerned, but nothing to suggest to a rational mind that he has done anything more dishonest than any other man. he is no more racist or misogynistic than anyone else, no cruder or duplicitous than most any other man. he is certainly no paragon of virtue, but he is not up for sainthood. he is a man whose past has not been scrubbed clean by the heavy hand of political operatives and he has still managed to come out smelling like a rose after some of the most critical examination any candidate has ever had to endure.

4. R Crusoe Esq

R Crusoe Esq Member

"Place you are bets" ?? What does that mean?

5. Scampi

Scampi Active Member

Just what it says. I managed a few quid on at 4 to 1 him lasting more than 4 months.

6. slackercruster

slackercruster Banned

You mean the dems would be drawing the papers up, not the reps or bipartisan effort. Would not surprise me. The reps just want power, prob not Trump.

7. US Conservative

US Conservative Well-Known Member Past Donor

In related news, Hillary will win in a landslide.

Check out the vegas odds.

8. Lil Mike

Lil Mike Well-Known Member

Well there are plenty of never-Trumpers still in the House and Senate. So I'm sure they'll help out. If it ever got to the Senate, a Trump Impeachment already has 3 automatic GOP votes, regardless of the charges.

9. R Crusoe Esq

R Crusoe Esq Member

But "Place you are bets" means, well, nothing.

Place.
    You.
    Are.
    Bets.

There's no way to make an intelligible sentence using all of those words in any sequence, viz.,

You are bets place; Bets place are you; Are you bets place; Place are you bets... etc etc..

You meant "Place your bets".

See, this is why people keep telling you to use correct English grammar. It would make you sound educated, and other people would be able to understand what you're (you are) saying.