The numbers are in Trump beats Obama's numbers in 2013

Discussion in 'Elections & Campaigns' started by APACHERAT, Jan 22, 2017.

1. APACHERAT

APACHERAT Well-Known Member Past Donor

Trump inauguration draws nearly 31 million U.S. television viewers

So Trump has the third highest viewers of a Presidential inauguration since 1969.

Reagan still # 1 at 42 million back in 1981.

Trump beats Obama for the 2013 inauguration by 10 million.

2. Penrod

Penrod Well-Known Member

Oh no now you have done it. His PS said it was the most ever to watch . However there is still hope as these days there are other ways to watch other than TV. Are there any streaming figures ?

3. AlpinLuke

AlpinLuke Well-Known Member

Yes, to compare Trump's inauguration audience with the past ones, we need to add internet viewers [I personally saw it on the net]. Overall to compare it with Reagan's one [no internet in that time].

In any case, looking at sites here and there, I note that the evaluation of the viewer changes a lot from a source to an other. So numbers are not that reliable.

4. toddwv

toddwv Well-Known Member Past Donor

Well, that certainly is a second prize... beats Obama's SECOND inauguration but is off the numbers for Obama's FIRST inauguration? :roflol:

Here's your trophy.

[​IMG]

Oh and we'll just ignore the little part mentioned in the OP about how Trump's inauguration couldn't even pull Jimmy Carter numbers back in 1977 when the use had about 100,000,000 fewer people. :cool:

Congratulations on the "victory".

5. APACHERAT

I concur, how many watched the inauguration on their computers and i-phones ? Had to be in the millions. Trumps inauguration could be the most watched inauguration in history.

6. Penrod

Penrod Well-Known Member

Only liberals accept trophies like that. You can keep it along with the rest of your participation trophies

7. lemmiwinx

lemmiwinx Well-Known Member Past Donor

Friday was a workday so a lot people couldn't get the day off to attend. He should have his next inauguration on the weekend when more people have the day off.

8. One Mind

One Mind Well-Known Member Past Donor

Of course it was. More people have the hand held computers today than 4 or 8 years ago. I watched it online. Being a controversial figure got him views another candidate would not get. He probably made history, or should have.

Schools here watched it online. Years ago they used television.

9. APACHERAT

Here on the Left Coast any student who watched the inauguration was labeled a racist, bigot, xenophobe, homophobe, Islamophope and a deplorable and expelled from school.

10. MVictorP

MVictorP Well-Known Member

Even my totally apolitical mother watched Trump's entry on a french-canadian channel. I bet worldwide results would be high, too.

He is quite the event.

11. APACHERAT

I hope Trump holds a yuuge number of Presidential press conferences for the next eight years.

12. Penrod

Penrod Well-Known Member

Heck you could watch it on your phone

13. APACHERAT

You also were able to listen to it on the radio if you were stuck in traffic.

Unless you listen to Mexican radio.

14. HereWeGoAgain

HereWeGoAgain Banned

He comes in behind Obama's 2009 numbers. ;) Too bad he's a big loser!!!

15. Penrod

Penrod Well-Known Member

Pay attention. Those figures dont include those who used the internet to watch it

Looks like he won to me he is president

16. APACHERAT

But Obama's inauguration back in 2009 looked more like a cross between a 1930's banana republic South American and a 1950's eastern European political rally.

Even the city of Washington was plastered with signs where Castro, Mao and Stalin's faces were replaced with Obama's face. Remember ?

17. cupAsoup

cupAsoup Well-Known Member

I like these "alternative facts" you've presented. A re-election inauguration numbers are always lower. Just like reagan in 85, Clinton in 97, and Obama in 13. Compare the FIRST term Obama numbers against FIRST term Trump numbers.

I'll await your "alternative facts."

18. Zorro

Zorro Well-Known Member

Counting online viewers, it was probably the greatest of all time.

President’s speech a ray of light for millions.

My favorite was when the new president said, “Washington has prospered, but the people have not.”

Amen. Every time you come down here, all you see is cranes and construction. Doesn’t matter if there’s a recession or prosperity — D.C. grows, or maybe the word is “metastasize.” As in cancer.

“Power is being transferred to the people,” he said. Instead of people, he could have said “deplorables,” but everybody knew who he was talking about.

Another great line: ripping the public education system as being “flush with cash” while children go uneducated. How many years have you heard these teachers’ unions and educrats talking about how they need more of your tax money “for the children.”

How out of touch can anyone be to be offended by a president who says: “It is the right of all nations to put their own interests first.”

http://www.bostonherald.com/news/co...ent_s_dark_speech_a_ray_of_light_for_millions

19. JoeB131

JoeB131 Member

Getting people to watch your inauguration to see if you are going to say something crazy isn't an accomplishment.

20. shades

shades Active Member

There is no question Trumps was the most watched.

And as far as the physical attendance numbers remember it was a work day, and most Trumps supporters were at work, Obama's inauguration on the other hand, being a work day probably mattered little.

This argument is over:cool:

21. APACHERAT

How many attended a inauguration or watched it on television or today streaming on the internet doesn't mean jack (*)(*)(*)(*).

But it was the MSM in particular the fake news CNN and MSNBC who played the "crowd card" as if it's a big deal.

In my life time I've watched every Presidential inauguration since Eisenhower except for Nixon's in 68 because I was preoccupied being in the pits at MCRDSD doing squat thrust.

I was to young to remember or understand Eisenhower's inauguration speech but I do remember Eisenhower's outgoing speech and his warnings.

Most memorable Presidential inauguration speech has to be JFK.

I only remember one sentence from Reagan's inaugural speech.
    Back in the day (1980's) it was said that Reagan "saved America." No he didn't, he gave America a second chance and America blew it.

Don't remember a single word said from Obama's inaugural speech, probably because he didn't deliver.

22. APACHERAT

The attendees at Obama's inauguration were expecting free Obama phones.

Remember Obama's military photo ops and to get the soldiers to attend they gave away free cameras to everyone who attended.

I wonder who paid for the cameras ?

23. Bluesguy

Bluesguy Well-Known Member Donor

Except the federal DC workers who vote over 90% Democrat and live right there.

24. An Old Guy

An Old Guy Well-Known Member

Trump just couldn't leave it alone. We wouldn't even be discussing this if Trump had just moved on but he is incapable - ratings and "numbers" matter so much for him. So, we can find all kinds of inauguration issues to quibble about, however the number of spectators who turned up in person for Trump's inauguration pales in comparison to Obama's. This is a fact. It's also very likely a fact that, all in (in person, TV, streaming etc.), more people around the globe saw at least some part of the Trump inauguration more than any other. So what.....Trump needs to move on from this, his actions on the weekend about this were childish and petulant and he drags his own staff down with him. Quite embarrassing....

25. fizbo

fizbo Well-Known Member

You're right -- we do need to move on from this. It's stupid to have been a topic of conversation in the first place.

Trump took the bait, but why did the MSM make this a story in the first place? They've been like a relentless rash that exists to do nothing more than irritate, and this is just another example of focusing on the benign and controversial instead of the meaningful and substantial. This is almost on par with the headline news that the bust of MLK is missing. :roll:

Unbelievable....