Donald Trump Will Not Release Tax Returns, White House Adviser Says

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by Think for myself, Jan 22, 2017.

1. Think for myself

Think for myself Well-Known Member Past Donor

Hilarious.

Remember when the president said he would release his taxes when the audit was complete?

Well, he lied.

Now, he will not release them according to Kellyanne "Alternative Facts" Conway.

Indeed, I am getting the impression Trump simply does not care what the public thinks considering he is so willing to do the opposite of what he said he will do.

http://www.nbcnews.com/politics/pol...lease-tax-returns-white-house-adviser-n710511

Kellyanne Conway, counselor to President Donald Trump, said Sunday that the president would not be releasing his tax returns, reversing months of repeated campaign-trail promises to do so after an audit is completed.

Conway's comments came in response to a Whitehouse.gov petition with more than 200,000 signatures calling on Trump to release his tax returns. Any petition on the site that receives 100,000 signatures in 30 days receives a response from the White House; this petition reached twice that in two days.

"The White House response is that he's not going to release his tax returns," Conway said in an interview on ABC's "This Week."

2. Bowerbird

Bowerbird Well-Known Member

They should be public record

What Donald is really doing is highlighting that there has to be more checks and balances surrounding the presidency.

3. War is Peace

War is Peace Banned

Call me crazy, but the only tax return I care about is mine. Anyone who can reduce my tax burden gets my vote.

4. Gatewood

Gatewood Well-Known Member

Why? The nation issued Obama a blank check for eight straight years and he produced crap. Let's see what a real president can do.

5. Electron

Electron Well-Known Member Past Donor

Trump has a mountain of alternate truths on his side. You can't deny that.

:)

Mr_Truth likes this.
  6. highntight

highntight Banned

He never had any intention of releasing them, he just is the biggest liar the white house has ever seen.

Mr_Truth likes this.
  7. Think for myself

I tend to agree with you on that one.

8. Steve N

Steve N Well-Known Member Past Donor

It took Obama 4 years to release his freshly printed birth certificate and he never did release his transcripts, in fact, he used an executive order to seal his entire life.

And there isn't a smidgeon of proof he didn't pay his legally required taxes.

9. Think for myself

Hilarious!

Truman's blatant lie is justified and excused because of bad right wing conspiracy theories?

10. AtsamattaU

AtsamattaU Well-Known Member

Nobody should be surprised that a guy who acted like a dirtbag during the campaign would turn out to be a dirtbag president.

My favorite, though, is how he whines like a little (*)(*)(*)(*)(*) about the media trying to "delegitimize" his presidency when he spent all that time claiming President Obama wasn't even a U.S. citizen. I have no sympathy for the Whiner-In-Chief.

11. jerrybob

jerrybob New Member

Now that Kellyanne has officially said.....Trump will not release his taxes......I say.....congrats to all who had Jan 22 in the pool.

12. doombug

doombug Well-Known Member

This is what lefties are terrified of. They saw him not spend near the money the establishment did and he beat all these candidates. The man is talented at getting things done. They are horrified that he may be successful.

13. Maxwell

Maxwell Banned

Good for him. It's not anyone's business.

14. Think for myself

Awesome!

No issue with him lying to the American public?

15. Steve N

What blatant lie? I believe, and correct me if I'm wrong, that Trump said he would release his taxes if Clinton released her Wall St speeches, which she did not do.

And what right wing conspiracy theories are you referring to? Did it not take 4 years for Obama to produce a document every other American is required to produce for a job or passport? Was it not freshly printed? Are Obama's transcripts not sealed?

16. Maxwell

Maxwell Banned

I agree. They're scared to death Trump will actually accomplish something. If he makes improvement in the Democrat run black neighborhoods with failing schools, crime and drug gangs, the Democrats know their game is over and they're finished.

17. Think for myself

You are being too polite.

Trump is a man of demonstrated low character. He his no honor nor morals.

18. Maxwell

Maxwell Banned

LOL. Are you a Hillary supporter?

19. perotista

perotista Well-Known Member Past Donor

So what? All the one's who want him to release his tax returns just want a gotcha. I didn't vote for Trump, but whether or not he released his tax returns had nothing to do with that decision. Hillary Clinton released hers, I didn't vote for her either. It was irrelevant whether they did or didn't. I know of no one who voted against Trump because he didn't release his tax returns or have I ever read of a single person who voted against him for that one reason.

Most who voted against Trump, didn't like him to begin with. The same is true for Clinton, tax returns or no tax returns. Those who were originally undecided made up their minds whom to vote for a bunch of different reasons other than tax returns. 8 million of us voted against both Trump and Clinton and tax returns had nothing to do with that either.

Too much gotcha was going on in this election and not enough substance. The bottom line as far as I see it, if the democrats didn't want Trump as president, they should have nominated a decent candidate. They chose the only Democrat alive and perhaps dead that could have lost to him. Instead of trying to find a gotcha, perhaps it is time to look inside as to the reasons why Trump is now president.

20. Think for myself

Trumped he would release his tax returns when the audit was complete. His supermodel now says he will not.

Trump lied. He is a liar. Obama is just a lame excuse to divert attention away from Trump playing people for fools, for preying on them for votes.

21. Gatewood

Gatewood Well-Known Member

Yes because if Trump is a successful or even a great president then not only will he get re-elected in 2020 but unlike Barack Obama he will actually have real political coattails to ensure that a GOPer president succeeds him. Potentially the leftists could be out of power from 12 to 16 straight years. It's enough to make them puke and . . . panic.

22. Oldyoungin

Oldyoungin Well-Known Member

Good to hear, no more caving to left wing loonies.

23. Think for myself

That is awesome!

Trump.lies and folks rush to justify it.

24. Steve N

Did you call out Obama for his lies, or did you think it would be racist to do so?

25. Mircea

Mircea Well-Known Member

Remember that the Constitution does not require the release of tax returns or any other data, save birth data, to be president.