Immediately release Donald Trump's full tax returns, with all information needed to v

Discussion in 'Political Opinions & Beliefs' started by StillBlue, Jan 23, 2017.

1. StillBlue

StillBlue Well-Known Member

https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/immediately-release-donald-trumps-full-tax-returns-all-information-needed-verify-emoluments-clause-compliance

"Immediately release Donald Trump's full tax returns, with all information needed to verify emoluments clause compliance."

"The unprecedented economic conflicts of this administration need to be visible to the American people, including any pertinent documentation which can reveal the foreign influences and financial interests which may put Donald Trump in conflict with the emoluments clause of the Constitution."

This petition was started two days ago and cleared the requisite 100K signatures in hours. Will Trump respond or will he shut down the We the People petition site at WhiteHouse.gov?

2. RP12

RP12 Well-Known Member

http://www.cnn.com/2017/01/22/politics/kellyanne-conway-trump-tax-returns/index.html

Seems he has already.. Nevermind the EO's previous Presidents had on "President records".

3. snakestretcher

snakestretcher Banned

He'll just tell you he's being audited as usual. How many years has this alleged audit been going on for now? Furthermore we don't even know that he actually is being audited. So far we have nothing but his word; and in Trumpworld his word is as worthless as his serial lies have proved over and over again. The astonishing thing is that his supporters don't appear to care, or see this as deeply disturbing. As long as they hear the words, 'make America great again' they'll remain mesmerized and immune to reality.
    http://europe.newsweek.com/where-trump-irs-tax-audit-letter-488904?rm=eu

4. RP12

RP12 Well-Known Member

To be fair the IRS under Obama had what over a year to clarify this issue and chose not to.

5. StillBlue

I'm betting the petition will top a million soon and Trump himself should respond, not Kellyann "alternative facts" Conway.

"The White House response is that he's not going to release his tax returns," Conway said.
    "We litigated this all through the election. People didn't care," she said. "They voted for him, and let me make this very clear: Most Americans are very focused on what their tax returns will look like while President Trump is in office, not what his look like. And you know full well that President Trump and his family are complying with all the ethical rules, everything they need to do to step away from his businesses and be a full-time president."

I do? Then why is it that I have serious doubts about what they're doing if I know that "full well"? Alternative facts again?

6. StillBlue

The IRS is not supposed to divulge information about specific taxpayers without a court order. It's a sign of their professionalism that they haven't leaked.

7. RP12

RP12 Well-Known Member

I am willing to wager you would have doubts no matter what is presented to you.

- - - Updated - - -

Trump himself went public and discussed he was being audited.. Confirming or denying it either way would not break any privacy or ethical rules. They could say it openly perhaps there have been so many *leaks* the last few months you think that is SOP?

8. AlphaOmega

AlphaOmega Well-Known Member Past Donor

The same IRS that targeted concervatives or another IRS.

9. RP12

RP12 Well-Known Member

Yep so logic would dictate that that very same IRS would have no problem coming out saying there was no Audit.. As again Trump has publicly discussed it.

10. StillBlue

The IRS can neither confirm nor deny anything about ANY individual taxpayer in the USA unless it files a tax lien which goes thru the court system. To do otherwise is to risk 5 years in prison as it would be a federal crime.

11. Gatewood

Gatewood Well-Known Member

Oooooorrrrrrr unless it is a leftist administration in charge with a president using them as a weaponized system to go after political opponents and groups that threaten his chances at getting re-elected; in which case the IRS can do ANYTHING and the guilty people involved are allowed to resign and get full retirement benefits several decades early and for the rest of their lives. Sweet!

12. snakestretcher

snakestretcher Banned

Well he eventually did. Trump appears singularly reluctant to do so.

13. doombug

doombug Well-Known Member

This is the lefty version of the birthers.....hahahaha!

14. AmericanNationalist

AmericanNationalist Well-Known Member

I do care. I decided to put country before party, country before myself. That's what it means to be devoted to the Third Position. Country, unto death. If he were the one to lead the revolution for America to recognize itself as a worthy country as any other, so be it. But if he were to be the one, he must ethically qualify for that position. Which he honestly doesn't.

I myself am however powerless to do anything about it, so my hope is that A: He succeeds in making America great or B: That the law enforcement officials have been ontop of everything and will take the necessary steps if he's broken the law.

15. Habana

Habana Well-Known Member

Is he required to release his tax returns? I'm sure this will be filled right next to Hillary Clinton's resume in the trash. Wouldn't time be better spent pushing for a law requiring Presidential candidates to release three or four years of tax returns?

16. RP12

RP12 Well-Known Member

Leaving out the fact that Trump had already discussed it in the Public so no you are not correct.

- - - Updated - - -

Re-read what i said. The IRS could have clarified this and did not.

17. polski

polski Active Member

Mr. Trump is not going to release his tax returns........ever.
    I wonder whats on those tax returns?

Ms. Conway is very enjoyable to watch, if only for the simple reason that:
    1). She knows she's lying most of the time.
    2). I know she's lying most of the time.

It is interesting when she uses the term...most Americans, but only when it might be advantageous to the new administration.
    I've yet to hear her state....even though most Americans voted for the other candidate. ;)

Kinda like watching The Macho Man & Miss Elizabeth.

18. Gatewood

Gatewood Well-Known Member

The more I think about it the less that I want to go down that particular leftist rabbit hole. If the IRS doesn't have him or her in front of a judge 'splaining why there shouldn't be jail time then I don't want to know about earning or tax deductions. For instance, I don't give a damn about Barack Obama's tax returns since I know that most of his real fortune -- stolen while president -- is hidden in off shore accounts, and so his tax returns are meaningless.

But I STILL want to know about his academic grades in college and look at some of the papers he purportedly wrote that made all leftists tout him as this world class towering genius when it was patently obvious every time his teleprompter stopped working that all he had in his intellectual gift basket was the ability to say, "Uh-uh-uh-uh-uh-uh-uh-uh-uh-uh-uh-uh-uh-uh-uh-uh-uh-uh-uh-uh-uh-uh-uh-uh-uh-uh-uh-uh!"

19. Habana

Habana Well-Known Member

Recent tax returns are more relevant than 20 year old transcripts. If you think a President should be required to release their college transcripts push for a law.

20. snakestretcher

snakestretcher Banned

You mean requesting that he does the same as every other President before him? That's a birther equivalent? By the way, has his 'team' released the 'incredible findings' about Obama's place of birth yet? He never stops lying; just can't help himself, and coupled with the fact that his supporters don't care doesn't say much about them either, frankly.

21. StillBlue

The IRS, by law, can not discuss an individual taxpayer unless instructed to do so by a court of law. Period. Trump could claim anything he wishes about his tax returns and the IRS will neither confirm nor deny. That includes if he is even under an audit or not. Neither confirm nor deny. Trump could claim he paid $40 billion in taxes last year and the IRS will not say a word. He could claim he's never been audited, not a word from the IRS.
    All of his cabinet picks have to submit theirs, only the president is exempt from being required to. If he wants to clean up the swamp then he should start with himself and prove to us that he is not violating the constitution and receiving funds from foreign government agents.

22. mitchscove

mitchscove Well-Known Member Donor

Out of curiosity, how did your petition to get Obama to release his application to Columbia as a foreign exchange student do? As I recall, he sealed his records.

23. whinot

whinot Banned

would you have demanded the same for the beech? cause doing so would land her in prison for sure.

24. StillBlue

A college records are not sealed, they simply are not public. As to the bit about foreign exchange student, are you referring to the story that was released on April 1st of 2009? Haven't you yet heard that it was an April Fools joke? Guess we know what that makes you.

25. An Old Guy

An Old Guy Well-Known Member

Those who are well aware of how Trump operates are not surprised by this. The man-child is a pathological liar and never, ever had any intention of releasing his tax returns despite his statements to the contrary - just another con from a con artist. The sheep who voted for him don't care though, the man-child is their man-god......SAD!! LOL