Trump tells business leaders he wants to cut regulations by 75% or 'maybe more'

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by Think for myself, Jan 23, 2017.

1. Think for myself

Think for myself Well-Known Member Past Donor

Hilarious.

Did we elect Chance the gardener?

Apparently, Trump is going to cut regulations by 75% or more, whilst still protecting the American people.

He, of course, gives absolutely not a single indication of what regulations will be cut, how he intends to do it, how he quantifies 75%, or any sort of time frame.

But gosh darn it, president fell-good-platitudes is going to cut regulations 75%.

Is this really? Or simply made up fodder for the masses? This is the sort of ridiculous stuff that Trump blurts out that I think will come back to haunt him when it is never done.

Hey Donald. How about rather than a soundbite you come up with an actual policy proposal or position statement?

Better yet, how about a plan for anything?

http://www.cnbc.com/2017/01/23/trum...-regulations-by-75-percent-or-maybe-more.html

President Donald Trump told business leaders on Monday he believes he can cut regulations by 75 percent or "maybe more."

At the White House with 10 senior executives, he repeated his campaign pledges to roll back corporate rules, arguing that they have "gotten out of control." A White House spokesman did not immediately respond to a request to elaborate on which rules Trump will target or how the 75 percent was calculated.

"We're going to be cutting regulation massively," but the rules will be "just as protective of the people," Trump told reporters at the meeting that included Tesla Motors CEO Elon Musk and Under Armour CEO Kevin Plank.

2. Texas Republican

Texas Republican Well-Known Member Past Donor

Cut them all!

We are the most overregulated, micromanaged society on the planet. Small business owners often violate laws because the laws conflict with each other, so no matter what the owner does, a law is violated.

Freedom, baby!

3. way2convey

way2convey Well-Known Member

75% is good target to set going in. If he ends up scrapping 25% of the more regressive reg's, he probably achieve what he's after.

4. yardmeat

yardmeat Well-Known Member

Freedom, baby! Unless that means free markets, apparently. Trump is promising to get rid of some regulations, but openly aspires to introduce lots of new ones to reduce freedom in trade.

5. Habana

Habana Well-Known Member

Every time a lefty feels like crying about Trump they should remember the Obama legacy is Trump's presidency

6. RedWolf

RedWolf Well-Known Member

Is their a problem with what he said?

7. trucker

trucker Well-Known Member Past Donor

he knows the more yah cut regulations , the less government workers are needed to paper work and sitting on their buts all day surfing their laptops downloading and less pension plans for the tax payers to pay. epa workers chewing the fat on a break [​IMG]

8. TomFitz

TomFitz Well-Known Member

Chance the Gardiner was innocent and sincere. Trump is neither.

9. TomFitz

I guess that's why Obama's final approval ratings were 20% higher than Trump's incoming ones, and why twice as many people showed up for the Woman's March the day after the Inauguration, and unlike the inauguration, the Women's March was duplicated in cities all over the world.

10. Balto

Balto Well-Known Member

Brah, get off the Kool-Aid.
    You need regulations to keep businesses in check. Otherwise, things will run. Yes, there is something known as overregulation, and I don't pretend like there's not, but you need 50% of the regulations out there.

11. EMTdaniel86

EMTdaniel86 Banned

According to who? CNN, ABC, CBS MSNBC, Fox.... the people who said that HC was going to be president, and was given HC questions in advance....not really the people who you want to be listening to right now political news.

12. Habana

Habana Well-Known Member

Yep, bunch of losers got together to cry about it. I'm selling safe spaces if you know anyone who might be interested

13. TomFitz

Whatever. You're going to get your "facts" from obscure websites that nobody ever heard of, and about which you know nothing. And you're going to want to be spoon fed pablum by the Clown Prince.

I expect that will continue until Trump's record, lack thereof, or the unintended consequences of his heeless and ill informed behavior hurt enough ordinary people that they realize that this guy is the crook and panderer that we've been telling you he is for years.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, a whole world full of them.

14. Habana

Habana Well-Known Member

I think it's a safe bet that not even 1% of the people on the whole world protested Trump this weekend. Hell not even 1% of Americans

15. Talon

Talon Well-Known Member Past Donor

Only if you're a Big Government control freak.

16. Questerr

Questerr Banned

Yay! Now we can have our own sweatshops and unbreathable air and we can win the race with the third world to the bottom!

17. EMTdaniel86

EMTdaniel86 Banned

So in other words you have no clue what you're talking about and pulling stuff out of your butt? Lets see these polls numbers here chief something from other then CNN or MSNBC or any of the other left leaning news sites.

18. atheiststories

atheiststories Active Member

Well I'm good with it. Just don't be too surprised if we have another Enron or financial collapse. My personal economy will probably be just fine.

The thing that a lot of you don't get is that it's not government that creates regulations. It's big companies that want to create barriers to entry.

19. Russ103

Russ103 Well-Known Member Past Donor

So you're saying that 1/2 the government imposed regulations can/should go? Great! Me too.

20. OldManOnFire

OldManOnFire Well-Known Member

I'm not sure what regulations 'he' might be talking about? I'm guessing 99% of 'regulations' are determined by State and local governments and 'he' has almost no jurisdiction over local governments. Maybe he is talking about EPA regulations but again getting the local governments to reduce regulations is unlikely? I need to see some specifics...

21. DOconTEX

DOconTEX Well-Known Member Past Donor

And the more Ashley Judd speeches and Madonna wanting to blow up the White House and $@%@ and %$!#$ words from the delusional left, the more Trump supporters there will be who don't want to be associated with those lunatics and the more solid existing Trump supporters will become.

Want to know how Trump won and Corrupt Hillary lost? Here is a good synopsis. http://nypost.com/2017/01/22/how-trump-made-small-town-america-matter-again/
    See the part about how loathed Obama's policies were despite his personal approval rating?

Another, longer article on results of voting in Pipen County Wisconsin where Trump completely upended long term Democrat voting pattern in the County showed that locals overwhelmingly voted for Trump in part because they were tired of them and their lives and values being disrespected and looked down on by the smug liberals who supported Hillary. Their vote was a huge (*)(*)(*)(*) You to the snotty Hollywood, "diversity", "climate change" crowd that was willing to sacrifice their lives and well being and beliefs to achieve what leftists value, but which normal people do not.

22. ChiefSeattle

ChiefSeattle New Member

And the disaster begins.

23. Nordic Democrat

Nordic Democrat Well-Known Member

Give me an example of bad regulation.

24. ChiefSeattle

ChiefSeattle New Member

Lol! He doesn't even know what a plan is.

25. JakeJ

JakeJ Well-Known Member Past Donor

Trump is not seeking freedom for the world to continue to rape the USA.
    "Free trade" isn't free at all. The costs and loses are massive.

You do realize there is only selective free trade now, don't you? There are massive restrictive tariffs against some products and some countries for those products - such as tires from China, but not from Japan or Germany. Do you want pure "free trade" so ever job is lost to foreign sweatshops and slave labor?